Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 Happen?

In an alternate timeline where things didn’t fall apart today on May 6th 2024, we’d be celebrating the 13th anniversary of Spider-Man 4. With the theatrical re-releases of the Spider-Man movies this topic idea sprang to mind aRaimi hasn’t ruled out the possibility of SM4 happening so I ask do you think a Spider-Man 4 should happen or no? I for one think it isn’t needed, and we need to move on but clearly there’s a big demand for it but what do you guys think? Should there be a fourth Raimi Spider-Man film?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I think it would make more sense to do a Spider-Girl movie set in that universe than it would to have two live action Spider-Man movie series running simultaneously.

I'll be more interested in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 than a Spider-Man 4. Nevertheless, the further we get from No Way Home, the chances of those projects happening decrease.

Fantastic Member

No. I look at No Way Home as the grand finale for both the Raimi Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, and more likely than not Holland's version of Spider-Man. It is time to move on I think.

All-New Member

whenever this topic comes up I like to think of this one line in the last crusade in which Henry sr tells Indy "Let it go"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It's been to long making SM4 now makes little sense. I'd rather see a spider film with Tom Holland or someone else
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think it would make more sense to do a Spider-Girl movie set in that universe than it would to have two live action Spider-Man movie series running simultaneously.
    I agree with this.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

It's not the best idea to have two Spider-Man franchises (three, if we count Spider-Verse) at the same time. But financially it would be a huge hit, considering, that Raimi's Spider-Man re-release turned out to be huge.

It's a shame that it didn't happen at the time, but that ship has sailed now. There is now need for it to happen now. Spider-Man 3 felt like a natural end point and none of the proposed ideas for Spider-Man 4 sounded particularly satisfactory.

I do feel like Raimi has unfinished business with the Spider-Man films though, but I think waiting 10-15 years and doing a Spider-Girl type project with Maguire and Dunst as an older Peter Parker and MJ would be the best bet.

I'd be up for it. It could make for a nice epilogue to the trilogy. It's not needed, but it could be fun. And the universe would have really changed since we left it, which I think is worth exploring.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm good. Particularly with Tobey giving such a flat performance in No Way Home at this point all these years later Spider-Man 4 wouldn't be the movie people have been hyping up in their heads.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Not sure. First, have Raimi send me the script and then I'll make up my mind.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

At this point, they might as well do Spider-Girl. Now, I would totally see that.

Raimi is a good director, and it's a shame he's only directed three non Spider-Man films since he got involved in the franchise.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yes, I'd like to see it. The theatrical re-releases for the Raimi films have all been major successes and indicated an audience is still there for a continuation of this franchise. And just about everyone involved, Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, J.K. Simmons, and Thomas Haden Church, have all said they'd like to come back and do more.

Even if they go the Ultimate Spider-Man/Spider-Girl route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, I'd like to see it. The theatrical re-releases for the Raimi films have all been major successes and indicated an audience is still there for a continuation of this franchise.
    And apparently Amazing re-releases are not as successful as Raimi movies, TASM 2 numbers are terrible.