Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So based on the cover, is Warren Worthington cured of all the Archangel mutations by Apocalypse?

Some may feel this is regressive. But I suppose if this is for public relations, the better for him to be his original WASP image instead of blue with razor wings?

what has been Frenzy's development over the past 20 years?
    Frenzy experienced life as a hero in an alternate "reality" (Age of X) and chose to change her path in life.
    Since then she has joined Rogue's Legacy team for a while, helped protect the Jean Grey School and acted as Sol's ambassador while working for S.W.O.R.D.
    But she never got truly called out for things like murdering Sharon and Tom Friedlander in cold blood. I like that she's being used more and I do think there's tons of potential in her redemption, but they often just ignore the bad things from her past so that she's more palatable as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So based on the cover, is Warren Worthington cured of all the Archangel mutations by Apocalypse?

Some may feel this is regressive. But I suppose if this is for public relations, the better for him to be his original WASP image instead of blue with razor wings?

what has been Frenzy's development over the past 20 years?
    Warren's been able to shift forms between Angel and Archangel for a number of years now. He usually only goes into Archangel-mode if he's in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Frenzy experienced life as a hero in an alternate "reality" (Age of X) and chose to change her path in life.
    Since then she has joined Rogue's Legacy team for a while, helped protect the Jean Grey School and acted as Sol's ambassador while working for S.W.O.R.D.
    But she never got truly called out for things like murdering Sharon and Tom Friedlander in cold blood. I like that she's being used more and I do think there's tons of potential in her redemption, but they often just ignore the bad things from her past so that she's more palatable as a hero.
    Even before Mike Carey brought her onto the X-Men, she was developed pretty thoroughly throughout the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Frenzy is rad as hell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Outside of Frenzy, this is so ZZzzzZZZzzzZz

I will never understand boosting the IP of Pyro instead of Sunfire.

Pyro and Feral make absolutely -no- sense in the premise we're given, based on their entire character histories alone.

They couldn't choose a more boring looking uniform.

Angel looking like Uncle Sam?

Havok's not a zombie?

No Maddie?

Havok as the only traditional X-Factor, when he had arguably one of the most tumultuous relationships with the X-Factor title out of every X-Factor member across time...

Love the idea of Frenzy getting more boosts and popularity. I wish she was on one of the main three titles instead of this garbage.

I really had hope they were going to Wow us with some brilliant new X-Factor concept. Instead, they just played Regular Degular Plain Jane. I'll be surprised if this makes it a year, unless they just force it to keep going for a while.

I'm praying they don't put anyone else on this crash and burn title.
    Archangel is even more traditional X-Factor than Havok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Even before Mike Carey brought her onto the X-Men, she was developed pretty thoroughly throughout the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Frenzy is rad as hell.
    I agree with you that she's great, but I think some redemption arcs have been pretty shallow considering the gravity of the crimes commited. Same goes for Greycrow. I liked his role in Hellions, but he got off way too easily. Even so, in his case they actually made a point to show his victims reacting to his presence in Krakoa. I've never seen Frenzy directly address the joy she felt killing two innocent humans (mutant allies to boot).

Extraordinary Member

I agree with you that she's great, but I think some redemption arcs have been pretty shallow considering the gravity of the crimes commited. Same goes for Greycrow. I liked his role in Hellions, but he got off way too easily. Even so, in his case they actually made a point to show his victims reacting to his presence in Krakoa. I've never seen Frenzy directly address the joy she felt killing two innocent humans (mutant allies to boot).
    The X-men’s very own nurse Sharon Friedlander.

I’ll never understand why at Illyana’s funeral in Uncanny X-Men #304, Magneto only served punishment to Senyaka, and not Frenzy, when Magneto himself was friends with her victim Sharon.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-07-2024 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Archangel is even more traditional X-Factor than Havok.
    While I understand what you're implying - Warren's greatest story came out of the original X-Factor... I can't say that I agree with modern audiences considering that. X-Factor was originally just the place to put the O5 after Jean's return, before they split the official X-Men in 2. So, when Warren was on X-Factor, it was just the second X-Men title. Most people don't associate X-Factor with the O5, they associate X-Factor with the 90s B-List... Havok & Polaris, and whoever joins them.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    While I understand what you're implying - Warren's greatest story came out of the original X-Factor... I can't say that I agree with modern audiences considering that. X-Factor was originally just the place to put the O5 after Jean's return, before they split the official X-Men in 2. So, when Warren was on X-Factor, it was just the second X-Men title. Most people don't associate X-Factor with the O5, they associate X-Factor with the 90s B-List... Havok & Polaris, and whoever joins them.
    The only B-list X-Men titles back then were Dazzler and then Alpha Flight.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The only B-list X-Men titles back then were Dazzler and then Alpha Flight.
    lol.
    Wildly disagree. Read any PAD interview talking about X-Factor's 1991 relaunch.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

That's what sours me on Frenzy. It's the worst thing we've seen her do but she hasn't addressed it after so many years of getting the reformed villain push.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This is the only book so far that I am actually excited about. Love the costumes and the potential story/plot being suggested in the preview.

And if I am being honest only two potentially 3 of the characters I care anything about, so that is very surprising for me. Hope it works out.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Fantastic Member

For all the "three white men lol?" one of them's very, very Australian so let's please not forget diversity means a lot of different things, along with a Latina and female POC who's only gotten better with age.

PSA: “Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.”

But that is an odd collection of characters, and it's not as, well, boring. It's clearly continuing the tradition of X-factor being the oddball book. Hope springs eternal.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hiw qbout instead of focusing on skin color or where they came from we focus on Character. For the people who said 3 while males boo. When I saw the. Cover aside from eww land lol i said cool Angel and Havok.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-07-2024 at 09:04 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

The inner conflict within me continues. So far, I have not liked the direction that From the Ashes has gone. It makes no sense to me that the X-men would go back being hunted and ostracized again. I know that in the 616 people are almost supernaturally predisposed to hating mutants but come on after all that has happened to mutantkind, it stretches believably. I just can't believe that after fighting and taking down Orchis, the X-Men would be ok with allowing a group of thugs to take over their school. And yet, the creative teams for all the books so far look solid. I love Mark Russell and dig Bob Quinn (well most of his stuff). But I am not sure if I am that interested in the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Hiw qbout instead of focusing on skin color or where they came from we focus on Character. For the people who said 3 while males boo. When I saw the. Cover aside from eww land lol i said cool Angel and Havok.
    That's today's attitude, sadly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (and, IMHO, one of the reasons Warren is the only O5 who is often left behind - white, blond, man and rich, a deadly combo)
    I don't envy authors, as when they pitch a story they have to consider "representation" in their team, if they don't want online backlash (instead of, you know, pick the best characters for the story or the characters they know better /they are better suited to handle)

To be clear: I understand where everyone comes from when they ask to see more about minorities on the group. But it's tiresome when the critiques about the race becomes the only opinion to approve or trash a title that hasn't even debuted yet.
    And it's especially tiring for people who unfortunately have one of these blond-white-man as fave, because we're almost made feel bad for getting our boy.
    (I know none of you meant this, but this is what feels from the other side)
    Last edited by Hakka84; 05-07-2024 at 10:47 PM.