Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Depends on how you view Karima. They could have also made Kavita Rao a mutant in X-Men Red, no need to introduce a new character.
    There's only one way to view Karima and she is not a mutant

Also where are you getting that Kavita is a mutant? Im not seeing that anywhere. She definitely ddint appear in Tom Taylor's book and if its something from the recent X-men Red, that came 4-5 years after the original and was not a thing when Trinary was created

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's only one way to view Karima and she is not a mutant

Also where are you getting that Kavita is a mutant? Im not seeing that anywhere. She definitely ddint appear in Tom Taylor's book and if its something from the recent X-men Red, that came 4-5 years after the original and was not a thing when Trinary was created
    I am saying they could have turned Rao into a mutant instead of creating Trinary if all they wanted to do was check off the diversity box.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Trinary or her existence. I am just saying we got to accept writers want to introduce their own characters when they get a chance to write an X-book. Now if you want to bash them for not using Trinity or Bedlam from a diversity angle then yeah that's fair. I just don't buy the "no more new Mutants" complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I am saying they could have turned Rao into a mutant instead of creating Trinary if all they wanted to do was check off the diversity box.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Trinary or her existence. I am just saying we got to accept writers want to introduce their own characters when they get a chance to write an X-book. Now if you want to bash them for not using Trinity or Bedlam from a diversity angle then yeah that's fair. I just don't buy the "no more new Mutants" complaint.
    Kavita wouldnt have fit the story that TT was trying to tell. You cant just palette swap minority characters and just use them in the same scenario. I dont think Trinary was created for simply for diversity purposes anyways. I only mentioned that bc her creation at least brought something different to the line and team that Xyber so far doesn. Im not counting him out though as the writer may prov why someone new was needed for this role