Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    They screwed up when they introduced the new team in Giant sized X-Men. Should have been like the Fantastic Four and just used the same six characters.
    I know the point you are trying to make, but the F4 and the X-Men are two different premises, and is not 1975 anymore. The introduction of the All New made sense back then (from a story point and a marketing perspective) especially since the title was about to be canceled and the original cast wasn't able to support it at that point. The way the market is now, I don't see any of this new characters sticking long after their creators leave. Oh well, it is how I feel and my opinion, if the writers do their job well and manage to make an entertaining title is all that matters at the end, I just don't see some of this titles lasting long, but I am interested in X-factor.

Reason we keep getting these new characters, that will go to comic book limbo, is because the creative team is hoping to get a MCU royalty check. If just one of their characters makes it in a show or movie they will get a little cash to in their pocket every year. With X-Men getting a big push in the next couple of years we can all expect new characters to be popping up left and right.

The only real problem with that is most creatives these days are only interested in the cash grabs instead of providing depth, likability, or any real longevity. Hopefully, Xyber(gwad that is a stupid name) will be the exception.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-09-2024 at 05:57 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I was going to give this series a shot for Angel and Frenzy but now with Cecelia Reyes being on the team I'm fully on board.
    Yeah I’m pretty much here for the girls.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I dont hate any of the cast but not a huge fan of Feral or Frenzy but cant wait to see the dynamics. Here most as a xfan and for Havok. Having Reyes is golden too
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Reason we keep getting these new characters, that will got to comic book limbo, is because the creative team is hoping to get a MCU royalty check. If just one of their characters makes it in a show or movie they will get a little cash to in their pocket every year. With X-Men getting a big push in the next couple of years we can all expect new characters to be popping up left and right.

The only real problem with that is most creatives these days are only interested in the cash grabs instead of providing depth, likability, or any real longevity. Hopefully, Xyber(gwad that is a stupid name) will be the exception.
    LOL...no they are not. The writers are creating these characters bc they want to and they fit their stories. Its not bc they may or may not get a royalty check if the character is used down the line. Any money they may get from royalties is not alot

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You mean like what they did with Generation X, NXM, XM Academy, the recent New Mutants, ie. in every Era? It is what it is. I can see the reader skepticism but I also understand the Editorial position...you can't (shouldn't) force writers to writer characters they don't want or like. In each generation there are one or two new characters who "break out" and the rest are left behind. That's just the nature of the writers' office.

They way I see it...If given the writing opportunity all of you clamouring for established mutants instead of brand new ones would still ignore the vast majority of characters in favour of you r personal faves. This is no different.
    This has nothing to do with someone's favorites.

YES creators do get FORCED to write characters that they don't want. It is up to the writer and how professional they are to NOT translate that to the book.

See Priest's Black Panther versus the last 3 BP solos.
    See McDuffie's JLA-he did NOT want to write 4 black heroes in that book and was clear that ONE would not have sniffed that roster.
    See the Bat family in the last 9 years of the main Batman title. Especially Duke Thomas under Tom King.

Here is a nugget for you-Priest was told KILL Ironfist or be FIRED in the last issue of Powerman and Ironfist. Guess what Priest did. KILLED IRONFIST.

The issue of that MCU check is NOT in the hand of Marvel Comic side. That is in the hands of others.
    It's how you get Bumblebee in Young Justice and DC Super Hero Girls while she has been MIA in comics.
    Same with Vixen and Duke Thomas in the webcomic books. While they are MIA in comics.
    Same with Kite Man in Harley's tv show.

So making all these new folks does WHAT????

Especially when their creators LEAVE.

And if they are wanting that Tv/movie check just remember-

Larry Hama gets NO royalties. How much has he done????
    Trevor Von Eden only got $500 for Black Lightning tv show.
    Archie Comics FIRED Dan Decarlo and his son when he wanted credit for Josie and Pussy Cats.
    How long did Bob Finger and Salkinds sue DC?
    There is a REASON we got Black Vulcan in Superfriends. Michael Holt wasn't on Arrow yet some other guy in his suit was.

Nothing is stopping Xpher from being a black dude in an X-movie to stop royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...no they are not. The writers are creating these characters bc they want to and they fit their stories. Its not bc they may or may not get a royalty check if the character is used down the line. Any money they may get from royalties is not alot
    It's alot more than you think and it adds up.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It's alot more than you think and it adds up.
    Or alot less than you think. There's a whole reddit thread about that. In short, Marel aint really paying creators like that

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ven_less_than/

Any writer making a bunch of new characters hoping to one day make bank will be in for a rude surprise

Or alot less than you think. There's a whole reddit thread about that. In short, Marel aint really paying creators like that

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ven_less_than/

Any writer making a bunch of new characters hoping to one day make bank will be in for a rude surprise
    It's less in terms of "I made glob and he has a paragraphs worth of dialog in the last 15-20 years so I should make a million bucks".*rolls eyes*. When the fact that they are getting a "decent" check for a character no cares about who was on screen all of 5 seconds.

The characters with more screen time and merch make the most and for a creator who has 0 involvement in the extended product to be getting revenue is still enough for them to start turning out new characters that can serve as wallpaper in an X-Film. Any time the movie and/or show airs on tv/streaming/merch whatever they get free money.

Watch, in the next few years we are going to see a lot of "new" stuff come out and creators will have their fingers crossed that their character/concept is used.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-09-2024 at 05:04 PM.

It's less in terms of "I made glob and he has a paragraphs worth of dialog in the last 15-20 years so I should make a million bucks". When the fact that they are getting a "decent" check for a character no cares about who was on screen all of 5 seconds.

The characters with more screen time and merch make the most and for a creator who has 0 involvement in the outside product to be getting revenue is still enough for them to start turning out new characters that can serve as wallpaper in an X-Film. Any time the movie and/or show airs on tv/streaming/merch whatever they get free money.

Watch, in the next few years we are going to see a lot of "new" stuff come out and creators will have their fingers crossed that their character/concept is used.
    the thing is as others have pointed, I dont see anything different now than has always been the case, even long before the MCU was a thing. Almost everytime a new writer takes over a book they create new characters. Show me a run on a book of 10 issues or more that doesnt introduce a new character and Id be more surprised than anything. IDA that writers are now creating new characters in hopes of a royalty check. its business as usual bc this is what is always done

the thing is as others have pointed, I dont see anything different now than has always been the case, even long before the MCU was a thing. Almost everytime a new writer takes over a book they create new characters. Show me a run on a book of 10 issues or more that doesnt introduce a new character and Id be more surprised than anything. IDA that writers are now creating new characters in hopes of a royalty check. its business as usual bc this is what is always done
    Clearly I hit a nerve...

Last thing Im going to say on the subject...but after last era if anyone really believe's that all of sudden almost every new book in the line-up is going to have brand new characters (with almost Identical powers/concepts to characters that already exist) on it just for story purposes you deserve a whole hearted down south "Bless your heart". (and I'm not even southern)
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-09-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Apologies if this was posted and I missed it. Issue #1 variant by Marcus To.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Apologies if this was posted and I missed it. Issue #1 variant by Marcus To.

nah thats new to me. I wish they had give him a different color scheme bc yellow is not Havok's color. I wish he had some red

Love Bob Quinn. Especially when he draws men. He gives them this nice, muscle-y look to them that's perfect for superheroes. He was a highlight of Knights of X for me.

He also gave us this page and Soft Serve, so you know he's based.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I love the Alternate covers cause Land isnt for Me the Marcus To Havok cover is awesome. And the cover with C.C Reyes is amazing.
    X-Men Forever