Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That's what sours me on Frenzy. It's the worst thing we've seen her do but she hasn't addressed it after so many years of getting the reformed villain push.
    Let's not forget when she and the other Acolytes were in favour of murdering an innocent mutant child for having authism. I really hated Frenzy's redemption story. I felt it forced and undeserving for all the crap and bad things she had done.

uff, another book I sadly cannot get excited about. :-/ I don't feel this character selection at all.

Right now I will only read "Phoenix". The entire revamp after Krakoa turns out to be a very dull affair so far in my eyes.

There is also something about the overall new costume aesthetic, I really cannot get into. It feels all so retro but not in a good way. More like: been there, done that.

also, what a weird decision to put Angel, Havok, and Pyro front and center.

Havok's storyline in Limbo with Madelyne would have made a more compelling storyline going forward...
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-07-2024 at 11:31 PM.

Actually a pretty neat concept, and finally a good use for himbo x-men Angel and Havok, who are perfect for a majority blond PR squad.

Part celebrity?

Could easily add Firestar (they won't because of Pyro), Dazzler (famous pop star) or even Justice (one of the few mutants loved by the public).

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Actually a pretty neat concept, and finally a good use for himbo x-men Angel and Havok, who are perfect for a majority blond PR squad.
    Yeah, to be fair to the "I don't understand representation, writers should chose the right characters" squad, three aryan boys work perfectly for the gouvernement sell-out squad.

I honestly don't understand the premices though. Why make a PR squad with at least three FAMOUS mutant terrorists ? Mixing "mercenary army" and "Patriotic PR team" is a WEIRD choice (and would have fit better with the X-force title. Actually, X-force and X-factor should have been switched)
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 05-08-2024 at 01:48 AM.

No Monet!

Okay, that was the book I was more curious for besides the Emma and Kitty special, let's see....

Feral, I'm not certain I ever read ANYTHING with her, so can't judge, but I like the rest of the rooster.

The synopsis is giving me bordeline Helldivers vibes, I agree with Nicoclaws. Three blond-blue eyed is perfect for what sounds like satire.

Pyro makes a lot of sense, and even with the tattoo he looks better than Feral. Also, I have a problem with Alex's look but I can't say why. The 90's jacket and 2000's Starjammer headpiece combo, maybe? Might just be Land's art.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Warren and Alex on the same team?! Sign me up!
    Abso-freaking-lootly! And that cover isn't bad for Land. I actually think it looks great. Probably in the minority. Supposedly he can draw but he chooses to trace because its quicker then it became his trademark style. Foor good or ill. And adding Pyro - W00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Warren looks hot.
    Yes. So does Alex.

Can I say I love the costumes.? Definitely an ode to the David era.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2024 at 02:59 AM.

About the Mugen/Nandes/Hakka84 debate on Warren and Alex joining,

Yeah, Warren is a HUGE stretch for a pro-gov mutant. But I can see the army wanting to recruit him for the PR (Warren himself pointed out in immortal X-men a "literral" [let's ignore Austen's nonsense for now. Marvel writers already do] angel is great PR.) And I can sort of see him joining as a repeat of the OG x-factor mutant hunters vibe. I imagine the Archangel form in combat will be one of the first crisis of the team, though.

*Alex*, however?

Genoshan Magistrate (he had amnesia without mind control, all writers besides PDA seems to agree) (And even if there was, Alex indeed in there because the siege perilious send the Outbreak Era X-men in lives they wanted, so...), 90's X-factor, he got involved as a leading commander in the Shi'ar civil war, Krakoa's hellions were technically a Government black ops (even if he didn't joined of his free will and hated serving sinister). At the Limbo ambassady, he was the one doing the diplomatic talks with New York and was the one filling most of the paperworks for newcomers.

I 100% can buy he joins another government again. I like Alex, but the guy has a massive rotating team problems, as much paramilitary experience as some X-Force members (despite never being on any of that team's rooster, weirdly enough. He was always one of the less killing-adverse x-men since Claremont), both an inferiority complex, a chronic hero syndrome and a wish to belong somewhere.

Plus he kept enough of a good relationship with the US than Maddrox actually asked Alex to be the one dealing with Valérie Cooper's missions when Alex was on the private investigator X-Factor for a short while.

Alex was probably the very first dude the US recruted for this rooster. U_U

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    No Monet!
    Gail said in an interview she will use Monet, so expect her to turn up elsewhere.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

This sounds cool! Definitely one of those books you know is all going to end in tears but that’s the point.

It’s going to be interesting to see how mutants navigate Hollywood. I could see them only getting roles where they constantly have to say krakoa is bad or something. And always with a human co-star who gets all the attention

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Frenzy experienced life as a hero in an alternate "reality" (Age of X) and chose to change her path in life.
    Since then she has joined Rogue's Legacy team for a while, helped protect the Jean Grey School and acted as Sol's ambassador while working for S.W.O.R.D.
    But she never got truly called out for things like murdering Sharon and Tom Friedlander in cold blood. I like that she's being used more and I do think there's tons of potential in her redemption, but they often just ignore the bad things from her past so that she's more palatable as a hero.
    I don't think I can ever forgive Frenzy. I will be reading her in the upcoming X-Factor grudgingly. Why she is forgiven when others point out what Raven did to Carols boyfriend as a reason to hate her seems odd. Don't get me wrong I think that was a scummy move on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Let's not forget when she and the other Acolytes were in favour of murdering an innocent mutant child for having authism. I really hated Frenzy's redemption story. I felt it forced and undeserving for all the crap and bad things she had done.
    Ugh. I forgot about that. Also, there was an Acolyte, can't remember which, that killed a human trying to help Neophyte. And that Acolyte was positively giddy.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2024 at 04:01 AM.

This book is giving serious "Call me Alex" uncanny avengers vibes. Not a good thing for me. This one is definitely wait and see who else is on the team maybe unlimited. But i will say the image is i guess what one would expect that is "acceptable" You have one non-human looking mutant but they shift so i guess it's okay. You got one black woman so you got your diversity. You have three blonde hair blued eyes white men which i'm sure equal "comfort" on some level but yeah. This team is "marketable" i guess, for maga but i can see it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-08-2024 at 04:52 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This book is giving serious "Call me Alex" uncanny avengers vibes. Not a good thing for me. This one is definitely wait and see who else is on the team maybe unlimited. But i will say the image is i guess what one would expect that is "acceptable" You have one non-human looking mutant but they shift so i guess it's okay. You got one black woman so you got your diversity. You have three blonde hair blued eyes white men which i'm sure equal "comfort" on some level but yeah. This team is "marketable" i guess, for maga but i can see it.
    Yup. I remember when Remender made his all-aryan team fight animalistic POC nazis, and his handling of minority metaphor AND the whole Wanda/romani mess.

My main hope will be that the writer is more self-aware than that. I'll be watching from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yup. I remember when Remender made his all-aryan team fight animalistic POC nazis, and his handling of minority metaphor AND the whole Wanda/romani mess.

My main hope will be that the writer is more self-aware than that. I'll be watching from afar.
    That’s the one thing that doesn’t worry me, because Mark Russel is pretty great. I just can’t understand how he picked such an underwhelming roster lol