Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-FACTOR by Mark Russell & Bob Quinn

New York, NY— May 7, 2024 — While the X-Men’s mission forces them to work outside the law, certain teams have found ways to fight for mutant rights within the system as officially sanctioned strike forces! In the upcoming From the Ashes era, that tradition continues in a new volume of X-FACTOR from Eisner winning writer Mark Russell (Fantastic Four: Life Story, The Flintstones) and acclaimed X-Men artist Bob Quinn (Captain America, Knights of X).

Formed by the government in response to a post-Krakoa outbreak of mutant paramilitary, ops squads, and mercenary teams, X-FACTOR will be co-led by Angel and Havok and include recruits like Pyro, Frenzy, Feral, and more. Part special agents for missions that require an arsenal of superpowers and part celebrity propaganda machine, X-FACTOR will wage war against emerging factions like the Mutant Underground and X-Term. Whether they believe in their actions or are just doing it for a check, the members of X-Factor are no fools when it comes to shady politics. As hidden agendas rear their ugly head, they’ll fight against the dark consequences and disastrous public opinion from the inside!

FAME, FORTUNE, MUTANTS! From the ashes of Krakoa, a new mutant arms race sweeps the globe! International governments are building their own mutant armies. But only America’s X-Factor has the most powerful, most patriotic, most marketable mutant heroes to stem the tide and make the world safe for democracy! Join them as they go from one death-defying mission to another. Who will die? Who will fall in love? Who will be the first to sell out? Like, comment and subscribe to find out!

“The thing I’ve always loved about the X-Men is that they’re characters first, super heroes second,” Russell shared. “So being able to write characters like Havok and Angel and Frenzy in a post-Krakoa reality is an opportunity to write about what I really care about, which is how do we help each other survive the apathy of the world we live in?”

“It’s so exciting to be back and drawing mutants in the X-Men universe again, and doubly exciting to work with Mark again,” Quinn added. “To my mind, Mark’s mix of humor and ability to shine a light on the peculiarities of modern society make him the perfect writer to tackle the relaunch of X-FACTOR. Drawing this team and every unexpected twist and turn of the story has been a blast so far, and I can’t wait for readers to get their hands on it.”

Mutant sell-outs or mutant role models? You be the judge! Check out the main cover and preorder X-FACTOR #1 at your local comic shop today! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

Extraordinary Member

Warren, Alex, Rahne, Frenzy, and Pyro then.
    Havok, Wolfsbane and Pyro have worked for the government before. Frenzy was a mercenary at one point.
    This is new for Warren though.

Edit: oops, that’s Feral not Rahne.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-07-2024 at 09:47 AM.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Warren and Alex on the same team?! Sign me up!

Finally a big name.

The article implies this is not the complete roster.

Mark Russell is great. I'm excited for this. Good to see Frenzy taking the spotlight.

Incredible Member

First book in the whole relaunch I am in on without hesitation. Russell is a great writer, and you give me (Arch)angel, Havok, Frenzy, and Pyro (meh, on Feral)? Let's go.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This sounds like a fun concept and Mark Russell is an excellent writer. Plus we have Warren, Alex and Joanna? I'm sold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Warren, Alex, Rahne, Frenzy, and Pyro then.
    Havok, Wolfsbane and Pyro have worked for the government before. Frenzy was a mercenary at one point.
    This is new for Warren though.
    That's Feral, not Wolfsbane

Extraordinary Member

I just noticed.

Wonder if they’re gonna sweep the whole undead thing with Havok under the rug here like they did with his inverted self reemerging in Hellions. Also, God I wish they’d get rid of that stupid face tattoo from Pyro. It looks ridiculous.

That killed my interest FAST. Wow. The pitch is WEIRD and the characters choice for that pitch even weirder. Aryan Airlines + Frenzy.
    I also dislike the costumes, but that might be Greg Land.

It's nice to see the Krakoan era has at least inspired writers to use neglected or underdeveloped characters. This book and NYX sound the most unique of the bunch but I'm not officially sold yet.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

I like the costumes! And great to see that Feral again in a monthly ongoing. I don't support Mark Russell comics though and I don't care for Bob Quinn. This is not for me, but yay for everyone who are fans of these characters.

Warren looks hot.

Cool!
    Happy to see some Angel love.

Thievery, my friend, can't wait to see your reaction