Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It seems like people have jumped to a lot of conclusions about the state of affairs after Fall/Rise. My impression if that mutants are integrated all over the world again and that means a lot of different things. Some will find that there will be people in their new community who might not like them but that does not mean the world is trying to oppress them. Governments, especially democratic ones, change views very quickly. Details about this book mention that there are several mutant factions as well as those working for governments across the globe. Are they all coerced or is this of their choosing? People fight for their countries for many reasons and mutant powered people would have the same variety of reasons.

In a world where mutants powers (pun intended) are decentralized why would someone be a sellout for wanting to work to protect their homeland and fellow people (powered or not) from threats that they feel they can best handle, and yes at the same time make sure that the wrong person is not given that responsibility?

As for the 'terrorists' being on the team, this goes all the way back to the earliest Avengers issues, we have seen this in Freedom Force stories, and in real life lots of people suddenly become accepting of someone as soon as they are on 'their side'.

I never understood how the American Gov could pass the ex-Brotherhood as reformed cops, tbh XD
    (the Avengers were just heroes, not gov mandated, except Cap America, I think ?)

Im happy Pyro is getting some love but if they dont bring husbro Avalanche along I will be displeased.

Mark Russell and Bob Quinn do the Hawkeye story in the Blood Hunters issue that came out today. Very fun story and Quinn's art seems to have improved a lot since his time on Knights of X. Lots of action and humor. If this is the energy they're gonna bring to the book then we're in for a treat.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Mark Russell and Bob Quinn do the Hawkeye story in the Blood Hunters issue that came out today. Very fun story and Quinn's art seems to have improved a lot since his time on Knights of X. Lots of action and humor. If this is the energy they're gonna bring to the book then we're in for a treat.
    Yupp. I was thinking the line so far could do with some levity and sure enough...based on the BH short, I hope X-Factor delivers on that front.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It seems like people have jumped to a lot of conclusions about the state of affairs after Fall/Rise. My impression if that mutants are integrated all over the world again and that means a lot of different things. Some will find that there will be people in their new community who might not like them but that does not mean the world is trying to oppress them. Governments, especially democratic ones, change views very quickly. Details about this book mention that there are several mutant factions as well as those working for governments across the globe. Are they all coerced or is this of their choosing? People fight for their countries for many reasons and mutant powered people would have the same variety of reasons.

In a world where mutants powers (pun intended) are decentralized why would someone be a sellout for wanting to work to protect their homeland and fellow people (powered or not) from threats that they feel they can best handle, and yes at the same time make sure that the wrong person is not given that responsibility?

As for the 'terrorists' being on the team, this goes all the way back to the earliest Avengers issues, we have seen this in Freedom Force stories, and in real life lots of people suddenly become accepting of someone as soon as they are on 'their side'.
    They would be a sellout for one simple reason the American government supported orchis. Helping the government that supported genocide against your people is horrible. The government sold land to orchis across the country. They built stark sentinel processing centers and prisons that locked up mutants. Why would any self respecting mutant want to be around that?
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-08-2024 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    They would be a sellout for one simple reason the American government supported orchis. Helping the government that supported genocide against your people is horrible. The government sold land to orchis across the country. They built stark sentinel processing centers and prisons that locked up mutants. Why would any self respecting mutant want to be around that?
    Same reason why the residents of Manhattan don’t go utterly mental from being transposed into Hell dimensions/dark ages/turned into dinosaurs on the regular.

Yayyyy!!! I’m so glad Feral is back and on a team!! Very under utilized character and so much can be done with her!!! Thank you so much Marvel Comics! I’ve been a bit underwhelmed with the announcements of this new era until now. I’m so stoked for “From the Ashes”……I love Marvel.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Abso-freaking-lootly! And that cover isn't bad for Land. I actually think it looks great. Probably in the minority. Supposedly he can draw but he chooses to trace because its quicker then it became his trademark style. Foor good or ill. And adding Pyro - W00t!
    Might be me, but I think the issue with Land (and tracing) is seen mostly on the women. With men he usually does a good to decent job (see last year's mini with the O5 that launched the Weapon X team). With women there's always the screaming-look, and there's also something odd with the colouring of the curls in the hair which adds to the the overall "odd" look. With men usually this either doesn't happen or it's toned down.
    (or he just has better references for his tracing when he works with male characters).

Quote Originally Posted by WarrensForgottenMemoryLoss View Post
    About the Mugen/Nandes/Hakka84 debate on Warren and Alex joining,

Yeah, Warren is a HUGE stretch for a pro-gov mutant. But I can see the army wanting to recruit him for the PR (Warren himself pointed out in immortal X-men a "literral" [let's ignore Austen's nonsense for now. Marvel writers already do] angel is great PR.) And I can sort of see him joining as a repeat of the OG x-factor mutant hunters vibe. I imagine the Archangel form in combat will be one of the first crisis of the team, though.
    Not sure about its status on canon, but I always like to point out the Steve Rogers diaries, where Steve goes a great way to explain why Warren is the perfect poster boy for mutantdom and one of the reason why the Avengers should get him.
    Oh, also... welcome! Come join us in the Warren's thread!

My first thought was that this comic wouldn't make it past five issues based on the line up.

My second thought was that at least the description of what the comic will be about sounds interesting.
    So I will at least givee it a chance.
    I guess that Feral is there because she is an ex-Morlock who has joined the government and is therefore a sellout. I would have picked Thorne, though.

Not a fan of the costumes. I wish that they had picked different colors.

And, despite what the cover says, Angel doesn't look or act like Steve Rogers. Realize that it's just a marketing cover, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Not sure about its status on canon, but I always like to point out the Steve Rogers diaries, where Steve goes a great way to explain why Warren is the perfect poster boy for mutantdom and one of the reason why the Avengers should get him.
    Oh, also... welcome! Come join us in the Warren's thread!
    Agreed. Alex got his days in the sun so Warren should too. He was literally the poster child for the book in the Silver Age. The only one closest to getting his own solo series and adventures back then.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    My first thought was that this comic wouldn't make it past five issues based on the line up.

My second thought was that at least the description of what the comic will be about sounds interesting.
    So I will at least givee it a chance.
    I guess that Feral is there because she is an ex-Morlock who has joined the government and is therefore a sellout. I would have picked Thorne, though.

Not a fan of the costumes. I wish that they had picked different colors.

And, despite what the cover says, Angel doesn't look or act like Steve Rogers. Realize that it's just a marketing cover, though.
    According to Brevoort all the books will be going at minimum 10 issues. If true at least that means it will get 2 trades worth of content.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Same reason why the residents of Manhattan don’t go utterly mental from being transposed into Hell dimensions/dark ages/turned into dinosaurs on the regular.
    Hey remember how Las Vegas was razed to the ground by Hydra but was completely fine, less than 3 in universe month later, while seemingly leaving no national trauma or even being remembered as such at all?

The Marvel Comic Universe essentialy operates under the same kind of rule regarding canon and longterm effect on the world that showman wrestling uses.

One week someone gets burried alive, the next they are back in the ring, sometimes even tag teaming with the person who "killed" them a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's honestly annoying that this happens so much.

Either let stories happen on a smaller scale and in different parts of the world, so NYC citizens don't seem crazy for staying there or give us an explanation that SHIELD psy-corps or a reality warper is wiping their memories for their own good to not go crazy with paranoia.

I know it's fiction but it's gotten so old at this point. There are better ways to show something or someone is a threat then generic invasion plots.

I hate the new logo as seen on Angel's costume