Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

And why are they dressed like New Mutants? LOL
    This has got to be the lamest announcement so far. A huge letdown for a former X-factor fan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    And why are they dressed like New Mutants? LOL
    This has got to be the lamest announcement so far. A huge letdown for a former X-factor fan.
    I wonder if Cameron Hodge is involved

Mighty Member

Pyro seems to have a Freedom Force vibe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I just want Russian, Israeli and latviarian teams to show up in this book too...
    So I guess Alex had a falling out with Madeline Prior

I'm not a fan of Quinn's art but I like the costumes and for Frenzy and Angel I'm willing to look past the art and give this series a shot.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I’m unfamiliar with Russell’s work, BUT I think my enjoyment of this book will entirely be dependent on if the book can effectively challenge it’s own premise, “only America’s X-Factor has the most powerful, most patriotic, most marketable mutant heroes to stem the tide and make the world safe for democracy!” That’s ripe for some really interesting stories but again really depends on the execution.

Anyone have any insights into Russell’s previous work and writing style?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m unfamiliar with Russell’s work, BUT I think my enjoyment of this book will entirely be dependent on if the book can effectively challenge it’s own premise, “only America’s X-Factor has the most powerful, most patriotic, most marketable mutant heroes to stem the tide and make the world safe for democracy!” That’s ripe for some really interesting stories but again really depends on the execution.

It's satirical. Try his Flintstones. It's hilarious and intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It's satirical. Try his Flintstones. It's hilarious and intelligent.
    Thank you for the rec!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Those Orchis guys are kaput.
    And it makes more sense than Alex and Warren teaming up with Sinister for Krakoa.
    Or hell, even young Cable teaming up with Apocalypse during Krakoa.
    Ah yes working with sinister or apocalypse is less logical than working with governments who have spent the last years genociding mutants again and again men, women, children and destroyed your nations...lol and it seems to me that the government were also aware of the slavery of millions of mutants on Genosha and that it did not pose a problem to them until the x-men discovered the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Val Cooper is running this team.

Judging by the description it seems like every member has a different motivation/stance on being on this team.
    the mutants are no longer really friends with val cooper since genosha in fact, she lost their trust I think the last time we saw her was after m-day when the sentries were monitoring the 298 mutants I think she had helped them escape but I'm not sure anymore.
    She was mostly replaced by Abigail Brand after that

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So a government sponsored and promoted team of mutants that includes 3 well know criminals? Yeah makes sense.
    Unlike the original Freedom Force?

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    More seriously, how can mutants work with a government that a few months ago was helping Orchis kill mutants, deport them to Mars and imprison them, not to mention all the anti-mutant propaganda all over the country?

warren and alex have not suffered enough like that to make them collaborators of their oppressor and frenzy who goes from mutant ambassador for the sol system to x-factor which she regresses.
    If there's pair of mutants who would definitely sell out to the government, it's Alex and Warren

I hope the book stays firm to its premise and doesn't reveal that they're all double agents or something. I think Frenzy most likely will be one though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Ah yes working with sinister or apocalypse is less logical than working with governments who have spent the last years genociding mutants again and again men, women, children and destroyed your nations...lol and it seems to me that the government were also aware of the slavery of millions of mutants on Genosha and that it did not pose a problem to them until the x-men discovered the island.

the mutants are no longer really friends with val cooper since genosha in fact, she lost their trust I think the last time we saw her was after m-day when the sentries were monitoring the 298 mutants I think she had helped them escape but I'm not sure anymore.
    She was mostly replaced by Abigail Brand after that
    Val was in X-Factor post- M Day where she wanted Guido to police Mutant Town.

And yeah, the divisions of Orchis are gone. I’m not saying all racists people are out of the government, but Orchis is.
    Same as Operation Zero Tolerance in the past.

And it’s better that mutants run and lead the government initiative rather than let guys like Bastian or Killian Devo, which we see what happens.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Pyro and Frenzy! I asked for them, I got them!
    My flag is bacon.

I love Alex but the rest of this Squad is lackluster. Unless Warren goes Deathseed Warren. Another pass
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Adding The Snagglepuss Chronicles, God Is Disappointed In You, the Wonder Twins, and Billionaire Island to the rec list.