Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cargill, Unuscione, Scanner and Voght would be a pretty nice team.
    Cargill and Unuscione are my two favorite of the Acolytes, after that issue where Avalon had fallen from the sky and Scott had to lead them (and Scanner, and the Kleinstocks) across the outback to safety. (Scanner's right up there, too!)

I am amused that she's managed to come so far, compared to the other three 'Alliance of Evil' members she was introduced with, Tower, Timeshadow and Stinger. Of them, Stinger got mentioned (having a kid with Pauli Provenzano?), and the other two, pfft.

I kinda wish Joanna had a more explicit ability to *slightly* alter her size and strength, since she was at least seven feet tall in her first appearance (and otherwise almost exactly like Grace Jones!), and seems to have slimmed down to six foot-ish, in later appearances. It could be cool to see her get knocked down by some mid-tier tanky threat and get back up a foot taller and meaner than ever, no longer 'holding back!'

(Alternately, Apocalypse had been known to enhance the mutants working for him, such as the Angel->Archangel glow up, so perhaps in her earlier appearance she was all buffed up with Celestial enhancements, and now she no longer uses them, and is back to her 'normal' superhuman size and strength? That option seems less interesting to me, but is at least consistent with how Apocalypse has been known to operate in the past.)

It is cool to see characters first introduced in that first X-Factor run, like Joanna (or Wiz Kid!), get more attention. As much as I love the old Cockrum/Claremont days of the 'All-New' X-Men (or the Claremont/Byrne days that followed), it's also cool to see some of the later additions get some love.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Now that Cece Reyes is also confirmed on X-Factor, I am really curious how the two of them get along as they are so different from each other.

They might become besties, or the opposite.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I kinda wish Joanna had a more explicit ability to *slightly* alter her size and strength, since she was at least seven feet tall in her first appearance (and otherwise almost exactly like Grace Jones!), and seems to have slimmed down to six foot-ish, in later appearances. It could be cool to see her get knocked down by some mid-tier tanky threat and get back up a foot taller and meaner than ever, no longer 'holding back!'

Alternately, Apocalypse had been known to enhance the mutants working for him, such as the Angel->Archangel glow up, so perhaps in her earlier appearance she was all buffed up with Celestial enhancements, and now she no longer uses them, and is back to her 'normal' superhuman size and strength? That option seems less interesting to me, but is at least consistent with how Apocalypse has been known to operate in the past.
    In the early days with the Alliance of Evil, Apocalypse was shown to use mutant power enhancer/heroin addict Michael Nowlan to enhance operatives in his service. Perhaps similar effect?

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-10-2024 at 05:53 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Now that Cece Reyes is also confirmed on X-Factor, I am really curious how the two of them get along as they are so different from each other.

Sounds fun either way. Hope Joanna gets lots of spotlight in her next outing.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Sounds fun either way. Hope Joanna gets lots of spotlight in her next outing.
    Second that my friend.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

I could see Frenzy and Cece in their respective early x-days clashing but I think where they are now they could get along. I can definitely see them silently saving the day while the men are arguing.

I think Frenzy might clash with Angel and Havok though. She's become a leader in her own right and I doubt she'll hold her opinions back. She might break Havok's fingers!

Need them back!

could be a fun couple.

Astonishing Member

Her first experience with a fellow mutant, after Iceman, was Marrow who was still in full mutant extremist mindset at the time.

So regardless of what characterization Frenzy will get, Cecilia would in theory be somewhat used to it by now.