Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On the brightside, I don't think anyone was expecting to see Feral get a regular role lol.

The X-Men basically have too many characters to get all the important ones in a book at the same time. Even with 6 team books, and removing everyone new for someone already existing, the list of missing characters is still fairly long.
    Dark does not mean deep.

^ indeed. Sadly.
    I hope that they will use Unlimited to give a (at least temporary) home to the characters who aren't claimed by main titles.
    I know it's not enough, for a fan, but a brief adventure is better than complete limbo, IMHO.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The X-Men basically have too many characters to get all the important ones in a book at the same time. Even with 6 team books, and removing everyone new for someone already existing, the list of missing characters is still fairly long.
    I mean, I think this era is leaning very heavily on new characters.
    Most of the cast of Exceptional is new, UXM will have 4 new mutants, X-force has one. That's at least 8 spots that could have been given to fan favorites.
    I agree it's pretty much impossible to make everyone fit, but the ratio of new or yet unpopular characters to fan favorites is probably higher than usual. Which is why it feels like so many important ones are missing even though there's a decent amount of books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Most of my favorite characters are without a series to call home but it was expected.
    Any New Mutant or Generation X members not named Jubilee and Magik, are eating scraps.

Jeff the Land Shark deserves a spot or a home in any book since Deadpool seemed to have abandoned him. Probably the best character created at Marvel in the last 20 years.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Really bummed about Synch's treatment on the way out of the Krakoan era, and his subsequent omission the "From the Ashes" era thus far. He became "real" during the era, and I got used to having him around. However, I don't want them to just throw him into a book either, I would rather someone actually had a plan for him storywise. I hope they don't kill him off at the end of Fall of X, that would be so cheap IMO.

I am guessing no Hope Summers in that list means she will likely not survive into the next era.

Astonishing Member

The x-verse is too bloated. They need to have another Mutant Massacre or House of M to trim it down.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Is it just me or are there a ridiculous amount of characters with decades of history just out there not been put in a book?

It also seems yet another disastrous choice of books and direction.

Meh.
    The purpose of a book is to tell a story, and earn money (mainly the latter). Not to give characters a home.

Of course, a book needs characters, so it's good that there's a big draft to pick from. Though sometimes new characters work better for the purposes of the story being told.

GNA60DPWMAAkLlc.jpg
    Some of your favorites might be considered villians by the new editor, but do not despair my fellow mutants.

46529ed2-c27d-4418-9c59-b5e114f91ead.jpg
    Perhaps the reason they are not on any of team books is because Queen Lorna Dane called upon your heroes to continue resisting, and therefore they will be appearing across all titles
    Last edited by UncannySurge; 05-08-2024 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannySurge View Post
    GNA60DPWMAAkLlc.jpg
    Some of your favorites might be considered villians by the new editor, but do not despair my fellow mutants.

46529ed2-c27d-4418-9c59-b5e114f91ead.jpg
    Perhaps the reason they are not on any of team books is because Queen Lorna Dane called upon your heroes to continue resisting, and therefore they will be appearing across all titles
    So... besides nostalgia masturbation they are going to shove us tons of character assasinations... got it... can't wait for this era to be over.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    So... besides nostalgia masturbation they are going to shove us tons of character assasinations... got it... can't wait for this era to be over.
    The upcoming one you mean?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The upcoming one you mean?
    Yeah. It hasn't started yet and I really wish it's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I wouldn't consider being a freedom fighter for mutant rights character assassination. They're in the moral right imo.

Whereas the way Tom Brevoort described the X-Men made them sound like cops turning on their own community to me.

I hope Queen Polaris and the rest of mutantkind destroys them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Really bummed about Synch's treatment on the way out of the Krakoan era, and his subsequent omission the "From the Ashes" era thus far. He became "real" during the era, and I got used to having him around. However, I don't want them to just throw him into a book either, I would rather someone actually had a plan for him storywise. I hope they don't kill him off at the end of Fall of X, that would be so cheap IMO.

I am guessing no Hope Summers in that list means she will likely not survive into the next era.
    It’s weird how Brevoort keeps saying how the X-men lack black men, but then proceeds to add only 1 such character in 6 of the announced books. There are more blond white guys in one title than there are black men in the entire line.
    And it’s not like there aren’t options. Synch, Bishop, Sunspot, Manifold, Gentle, Bedlam, Maggot…
    I get that the line-ups can get more diverse as time goes by, but it’s telling how these characters are not being included from the start while even Glob has a confirmed role.
    To me it’s inexcusable that Synch, Bishop and Sunspot don’t have prominent roles so far. I hope I’m proven wrong and they’re part of the last 3 secret books from the first wave, but I’m not holding my breath.

(And yes, I know Brevoort said that Bishop is not appearing initially because he thinks AU time traveler characters are too contrived to start the line with, but that doesn’t make any sense in the context of X-men ‘97 reintroducing such concepts and characters to a huge audience. Plus he had no problem having Rachel and Kwannon on teams, so there’s a clear double standard at play.)