Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto's relationship with Xavier is not his relationship with Scott. Id suggest your rewatch the finale. He literally tried to kill Scott and his wife. When they tried to go to Genosha, he sees the Blackbird in the sky, and causes it to blow up on sight, presumably killing the X-men and he didnt care bc in his words "they could never be apart of our world". Those are actions of a villian. Thats the last thing he did to Scott before Xavier went away. They are not close and they viewed each other as enemies. To expect Scott to just ignore that and not call Xavier out is unrealistically and unreasonable. Its not like he disowned him, refused to forgive and completely turn his back on him. He called him out on abandoning the X-men and unwisely handing everything to someone that hadnt proved he was trustworthy. Scott had every right to do so
    I've seen the finale. S5 was very inconsistent when it came to continuity and animation so I didn't give it much thought that Magneto was more villainized here. He's a lot more neutral in earlier seasons. I don't have a problem with Scott's issue with Magneto but I do think he's way too hard on Xavier and I don't remember Jean ever calling out Xavier. It seemed Scott was the only one with issues besides Rogue, which demonstrates Scott's own insecurities. I haven't found him very sympathetic and it's a bit hypocritical of him to get angry at Xavier for turning his back on the X-Men when he did the same thing to Jean after the Maddie incident. Beau has written Jean to be very patient and understanding here because I feel Jean should have been allowed to vent more and call out Scott for his actions. In X-Factor, Jean was allowed to be angry about how her life was taken away from her and that while she wasn't the only victim, she was still a victim. In fact, of everyone involved, Jean is the biggest victim because she's the catalyst for everything that went wrong with her kidnapping/replacement.

And back to Magneto, Scott is aware of how close Xavier and Magneto are so despite his own personal issues, it's selfish and presumptuous of him to feel the X-Men and everything Xavier owned should be bequeathed to him. Magneto is Xavier's friend so Xavier has every right to designate him the mansion.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if the blast Cyclops hit Xavier with will be what ultimately creates Onslaught. Instead of Magneto having a weird evil imp thing in his psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I've seen the finale. S5 was very inconsistent when it came to continuity and animation so I didn't give it much thought that Magneto was more villainized here. He's a lot more neutral in earlier seasons. I don't have a problem with Scott's issue with Magneto but I do think he's way too hard on Xavier and I don't remember Jean ever calling out Xavier. It seemed Scott was the only one with issues besides Rogue, which demonstrates Scott's own insecurities. I haven't found him very sympathetic and it's a bit hypocritical of him to get angry at Xavier for turning his back on the X-Men when he did the same thing to Jean after the Maddie incident. Beau has written Jean to be very patient and understanding here because I feel Jean should have been allowed to vent more and call out Scott for his actions. In X-Factor, Jean was allowed to be angry about how her life was taken away from her and that while she wasn't the only victim, she was still a victim. In fact, of everyone involved, Jean is the biggest victim because she's the catalyst for everything that went wrong with her kidnapping/replacement.

And back to Magneto, Scott is aware of how close Xavier and Magneto are so despite his own personal issues, it's selfish and presumptuous of him to feel the X-Men and everything Xavier owned should be bequeathed to him. Magneto is Xavier's friend so Xavier has every right to designate him the mansion.
    No it isnt and its not even the same thing. There is absolutely no justification that avier couldnt have communicated that he survived and checked in on them

And no jJean didnt verbally call Xavier out but she also didnt defend him which implies to me tht on some level she stands with Scott. She didnt call Scott out bc she agrees with him. She didnt have to say anything as her body language and face said it all as Xavier spoke. She has her arms on her hips and visibly looked pissed at him

This is not hte look of a woman happy with Xavier

Good episode overall, I really enjoyed all the screentime the other characters got, Jean, Cable, Morph, Jubilee and Sunspot.
    - loved the Sisterly hood between Storm and Jean, shown so clearly in this episode. I truly enjoyed that moment. I have to be sincere it was missing from the comics and it was good to see it somewhere.
    - I did not enjoy much the dynamics between Rogue and Storm, Rogue giving Storm a pep-talk about how she was gone or something among those lines with that tone of hers. "You're gone quite awhile/long" or something among those lines. Like seriously Rogue? I do get that you are hurt over Remy and I totally get it but do not pull that tone to one of your closest friends...
    - I don't know why, but in this episode I did not enjoy Scott's behaviour, neither Charles, I was all about the same as Magneto "Shut up!" Totally agree there Magnus.
    - I was really bumped when Cyclops stopped Magneto's probing by the Professor due to the Gold team not being ready yet. Totally get that... but couldn't you do it differently?
    - Loved the little squabble between Roberto and Jubs. Even though Jubs was a bit harsh on him and he was the more vulnerable, emotionally hurt partner here while Jubs seemed to be all about her anger but I am on Roberto's side here. The boy was literally collared by his mother, by his own family and tossed to the wolves. I get you, Berto, too bad Jubs doesn't for some unknown reason...
    - Jean was outshining everyone in this episode for me, she was kicking ass and was boosting her teammates, loved her dynamics here.

Now... my biggest squable... looking at you Storm and Mr. "Director":

I couldn't help but ask myself... "Huh, what's going on? Why no one is telling Storm what has transpired so far?!", "Are you kidding me, Rogue, Jean?!?! Let her know, even through a telepathy or something! Please give me something more!"

I was really pissed off in the way they reintroduced her back to the team, no tears, no breakdowns over Gambit's loss (only one of her closest and best friends, her bigger bro) no shocks, thunderstorms or rainstorms about his loss or rage, thunder, heat, cold snap or anything that represents anger for what was done to Jean, to Madeline and her baby?! Are you for real, right now?! I do get that time is tight but for god sake spare a minute or two to catch Storm up!"

And screentime? Are you kidding me, just two snaps of that large tornado and some lightning coming out from it with zero action from Storm? And how she manhandles all those robots with ease? We haven't seen her in battle/action with her mutant powers, since episode 2! EPISODE 2, I am telling you! Unbelievable! They could have extended the episode with 10 to 15 minutes, to make it 45 minutes if they had to but DO NOT IGNORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

Deep breaths V... hopefully, we will get some of those Omega emotions in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Terrible. Not every show need to be Invinciblified. We may be adults here, but it is pretty selfish to shut the door behind you and make a property that should be okay to let kids watch to get into comics into a bloodfest. TAS was great because it was mature enough to be enjoyed no matter your age but was safe to show children to get them into comics and the characters. And changing almost all of the costumes is a bad move. Rogue's UA outfit is awful and every character already had their best costumes already save Storm. I do like the Cockrum look on her. Morph's powers make no sense at all. He should not get the powers of his shifted personas. Magneto going full villain again was annoying regression. And Rogue going with him makes no sense at all. And they are completely ignoring continuity in having Charles need them to remove the helmet to get inside his mind, as that was not a concept until the movies and he made Magnus relive his childhood with the helmet on in the first series. Why oh why could they have not just let the people who did the first series handle it.
    Pretty much. Rogue should have had some serious questions for Magneto. I mean if she was forced to battle Nightcrawler, was she honestly prepared to hurt him? I highly doubt it. I completely understand about the uniforms as well. I hate those bland green & white trashbags Rogue is always wrapped in. I don’t know why but I have no interest in reading about (or watching) her when she looks so incredibly boring. If that is her new uniform going forward, it will be detrimental to my enthusiasm for the show (which is currently at a tragically lower point than I ever could have imagined after this episode). I so badly wanted to get at least a few seasons out of the Jim Lee aesthetics in this show before they inevitably started ruining/changing them just as Marvel Comics did to them in the mid-late 90s. I wanted all new stories of these 90s Jim Lee X-Men going up against powerhouse villains like Omega Red, Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc. again with the much better animation. I was so excited to see all the new fight scenes with them. And I wanted Archangel, Psylocke, Colossus, etc. joining in. But now with Wolverine getting his useless bone claws, he will get his bell rung by virtually anyone he faces. And no matter how hard Marvel, DeMayo or anyone else with a pulse tries, I will N.E.V.E.R. like nor want to see any other uniforms on these characters. I promise, it simply can not be done. I was only cool with Jubilee since she didn’t really have a uniform before. But if they truly did do this with the intention of pulling a dirty bait & switch and try (in vain) to get me to accept these vintage 70s uniforms or that garbage green and white getup on Rogue, I guarantee they would have far more success trying to solve world hunger with nothing other than 4 boxes of Pixie Stix.

To borrow from a brilliant author who “gets it”: “I do not like green and white Rogue in a mall. I do not like green and white Rogue in a hall. I could not, would not want green and white Rogue with a fox, in a box nor even just in green and white socks. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue over here. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue over there. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue in the air. No, not even in a chair. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue ANYWHERE.” I could go on but I think you get the point…
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-09-2024 at 12:27 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Jubilee shoulda been able to wipe the floor with Sunspot... She's been at the school for how long? Woulda been cool to see what she's learned.... I mean Bobby went from being afraid to power up...to flying...throwing energy blasts around
    GrindrStone(D)

This episode made me appreciate Xavier, or at least this version of the character rather than the shady figure he became in the comics. People say he's a delusional fool, a wimp, someone who begs for tolerance but it isn't true, the very existence of X-men proves that. He has fought against Master Mold, Trask etc. just as he has fought against the likes of Apocalypse and Magneto. He has great empathy for everyone. Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, you name it. Yeah he may sound preachy but he always tries to reason first. Is he always right in his beliefs and actions, no. However he's an optimist at heart and at times it may seem foolish but it still matters dammit! What happened on Genosha was a great tragedy and Magneto has every right to be feel sadness and rage for that. But this episode made it explicitly clear that he wasn't punishing those responsible, he was punishing humanity in its entirety. Human, mutant, man, woman and child, whoever chooses to live on this planet, that's who he was punishing. Both Xavier and Magneto have flawed dreams but personally if I had to choose one, I'd rather believe in Xaviers.

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    That's fine, and I agree to an extent, but it's a different point. It does matter. Thinking someone's dead is different from wondering if they're dead. It's not the same thing.
    I actually think not knowing is crueler bc if you think someone is dead, there is at least closure which is harder to obtain when you have unanswered questions

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    People who are confused about Morph's powers should take it up with the original series, in which he imititated the powers of Omega Red, Sasquatch and Angel in a single episode. And it's pretty evident that he can't reproduce the exact strength of Juggernaut and Hulk. Him going at super speed is the only thing that seems a bit iffy to me.
    Who knows what type of upgrades Mr Sinister gave him in the original series. Just chalk it up to Essex.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Jubilee shoulda been able to wipe the floor with Sunspot... She's been at the school for how long? Woulda been cool to see what she's learned.... I mean Bobby went from being afraid to power up...to flying...throwing energy blasts around
    It's blatantly obvious neither of them are really trying in that fight. It's one of my criticisms of the episode, how they put in this awkward romantic comedy in the middle of all this intense drama.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    This episode made me appreciate Xavier, or at least this version of the character rather than the shady figure he became in the comics. People say he's a delusional fool, a wimp, someone who begs for tolerance but it isn't true, the very existence of X-men proves that. He has fought against Master Mold, Trask etc. just as he has fought against the likes of Apocalypse and Magneto. He has great empathy for everyone. Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, you name it. Yeah he may sound preachy but he always tries to reason first. Is he always right in his beliefs and actions, no. However he's an optimist at heart and at times it may seem foolish but it still matters dammit! What happened on Genosha was a great tragedy and Magneto has every right to be feel sadness and rage for that. But this episode made it explicitly clear that he wasn't punishing those responsible, he was punishing humanity in its entirety. Human, mutant, man, woman and child, whoever chooses to live on this planet, that's who he was punishing. Both Xavier and Magneto have flawed dreams but personally if I had to choose one, I'd rather believe in Xaviers.

Very well said.

Quite frankly, as someone who grew up in the 2000s, in an era of pessimism = realism, I find it funny that folks nowadays are so derisive of that attitude yet are similarly just as quick to say Magneto Was Right. It's like they wanna say the gritty violence of a Garth Ennis is childish and wrong...but we still need Magneto more than Xavier. That Xavier's talk is all BS while the violence of Magneto is justified.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Magneto was right. Brute force solves everything

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Anyone else bothered by the fact this show showed more intimacy between Jean and Storm in 1 episode than Jean and Scott the whole show? Also doesn't help thst Beau says Storm returning is the return of "wisdom". A shot at both Professor X and Scott's lack of leadership.

The character dynamics are really poorly done in thos show, especially on the male side. I wouldnt be shocked to hear Beau has no male friends. There's no real male energy in this show which I'd probably why I don't vibe with it. This I'd the worst writing for make characters in the Xmen ever. Scott is the only one with a story that matters but his storyline is just him leaving leadership to Storm.

I didn't really read comics so all these storyline references seem to be for fans but with worse character work. But hey it's quippy and has quotes so must be good. But as someone who hates nostalgiabait you can imagine how little I care about the new uniforms or Wolverine losing his adamantium
    Everything you’re dismissing are the reasons why X-Men is so popular to begin with.
    You’re looking at the wrong franchise and may want to try elsewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There is no room on asteroid M for all mutants and it doesn´t make much sense for him to leave Bastion and Mr Sinister alone when he knows they didn´t act on their own and there was a world wide network of OZT members of governments who are directly responsible or complicit of the destruction of Genosha, at the very least he could have told this to the X-men and the X-men should have told him about Bastion´s future in which he controlled all of humanity, humans and mutants because he won the mutant - human war.

I think this episode suffered because they are acomodating two different storylines that involve different circunstances, they did this previously but this time they are leaving out plot points they established previously.

That said I loved everything else, Storm and Jean meeting was great, Cyclops and Cable characterization as well, Xavier talk with Jean and Scott was heartfeel and Scott has reason to stay mad at charles after letting him believe he was dead.

I understood Rogue´s decision but it felt a little forced to me, she remembers Remy dying to save them all, she, just like Magneto, should have gone after Bastion for Genosha, not hide on Asteroid M.

Edit

Lol yes, loved this part too.
    All of what mutants? We don't know how many mutants are left. He likely knew the X-men would try and stop him so going to Bastion just increases the number of potential enemies he has to deal with when again he can just let the planet die.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    It's blatantly obvious neither of them are really trying in that fight. It's one of my criticisms of the episode, how they put in this awkward romantic comedy in the middle of all this intense drama.
    I like it.
    She’s been this mentor/kindred spirit/lover to Roberto this whole season, which has been Jubilee’s arc, only for him to join Magneto’s side when things got tough, after she specifically told him, “you still have me.”
    Is it “high school” in comparison to the other characters’ arcs? Yes.
    But that’s exactly where Jubilee is growing past right now.