Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Wolvy next time ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    I wonder about Magneto's plan. Is it to gather as many mutants as possible in just a few short hours before the planet dies? Does he expect food, water, and oxygen will just magically manifest on the asteroid? I get he was mainly just acting out of rage, but his plans don't seem that well thought out. Maybe he has machinations in machinations.
    He's insane. The same thing was happening in Fatal Attractions. He's out of his mind, there's no rational thought, only emotions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He's insane. The same thing was happening in Fatal Attractions. He's out of his mind, there's no rational thought, only emotions.
    Really needed to see more raving, or at least some shots of the mass death Magneto has already caused. His calm voice, the inherent sympathy people have with his position because we saw one genocide and not the other, and the "shut up" line to Xavier are all just gonna perpetuate Magneto Was Right.

Great episode, almost not rushed. Both Xavier and Magneto got what they deserved.

Sinister's action scenes were superb, really captured his vampiric side. And twist with Cable is a good payoff to all of Essex's manipulations through old and new series.

Liked the reference to Second Coming with Bastion in wires, as well as his little remark about no more voices - good character moment.

Seems possible that Rogue will be shocked because of Logan's fate and will switch sides, taking Magneto's powers and use it to fix what he did.

Incredible Member

Also just to make it clear, Wolverine's line after stabbing Magneto is a clear reference to something Magneto himself said in TAS

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Cyclops kinda just doomed the world for no explainable reason. Why did Jean's team have to succeed first? I don't recall this being explained anywhere. Regardless, he was clearly doing it all because he was emotionally compromised by Jean's plight.
    Because Cyclops is a family man.

Good episode, things still feel rushed in some spots but I’m hoping next season has better pacing.

I’m beginning to wonder if Cyclops is going to be around next season with the rift between him and Xavier.

It was also cool to see the Morph & Jean Combo, Rogue’s speech, and Jean cutting loose. Jean especially I don’t think she ever had any great combat moments in the old series that didn’t end with her passing out.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I like how Rogue was wearing her Brotherhood outfit to signify where her mindset is at.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

idk what to say about this episode. i felt like rogue & sunspot have to be considered villains at this point
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    idk what to say about this episode. i felt like rogue & sunspot have to be considered villains at this point
    lol they're fine and will probably be back on the team next episode. Rogue was a villain before she joined the X-Men and the season started with the team accepting Magneto on a provincial basis.

Two members not making the best decisions because they're hurt, grieving and bitter is hardly the worst someone on the team has done. Wolverine's history and solo stuff alone...

I thought Cyclops was a total asshole to Xavier and it was completely misplaced. Didn't like the way he came off in this episode at all.

Other than that my favorite scenes like many were the Jean and Storm ones. Great characterization.

This might be my favorite episode yet.

Team-based episodes >>> Solo episodes. Hopefully next season will focus more on the team and have less solo episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Also just to make it clear, Wolverine's line after stabbing Magneto is a clear reference to something Magneto himself said in TAS
    Wow.
    It's always impressive how the '97 script is well written.

There was a lot going on in this one. I think this show may have bitten off more than it can chew. It's exciting, but some morsels are being underdigested. The cast is huge, there's so much plot at play, at while they are spinning a lot of plates, some of the dishes could use a little more work on their presentation. I'd put this one somewhere near episodes 7 and 8, but episodes 5 and 2 are still resonating more for me. I look forward to seeing the finale and then being able to watch the whole series in its entirety.

That said, I liked the Blue/Gold team dynamic, even if its not precisely the correct squads. The Jean/Ororo moments were cute. I liked that Storm was beginning to save the Blackbird(not on my watch!), but didn't like when she was shot down. I assume she will rise from the waters like a phoenix next time, but I gotta say, for as long as Storm was off the board, her return in this episode wasn't quite as much as I would have liked. Hopefully she actually does something cool in the finale, and grows into the leadership position in Season 2.

I did love Gold team's island setting, gave me OG Krakoa vibes, especially with Ororo and Jean in their classic costumes. I REAAAALLLLY want a Giant Sized X-Men adaptation for MCU X-Men. I hope we get it some day. I was hoping Beast would get a cool action scene when he started jungle-gyming Bastion's wires, but it got cut short. Oh well. Seeing him simp for nanobot Trish was also disappointing. For all that collateral damage(like, the whole planet is dying, not even just the infrastructure?) Magneto's EMP didn't even actually destroy them, just turned their power off? I don't get it. They should have shown us what happened across the world better. It would have set the stakes higher than a couple of polaroids on a corkboard(where did they even get those photos from?) and a few lines of dialog.

Sinister was absolutely great in this though. The shadow-morphing powers were a new addition, as were the cape tendrils, but they looked fantastic. I loved him taunting Jean with the truth about the switch. Her beating him up with bowling balls was kinda funny in a slapstick sort of way. And when he Sinisterized Cable, that was great. (When was this show actually made? I feel like the comics would have barely explored that in time for this, but I guess there were those older Sinisterization moments from a decade ago or whatever... during Carey's run?) Cable is always hyped up as some super mutant, so it was nice to see him actually demonstrate that capacity, even if only under Sinister's control. It's weird that Ororo and Magneto go the Omega designation in this show, but Jean has not? It would appear Cable outclassed her here, but Maddie outclassed Magneto in #3, so it's kinda strange.

Now, Blue team. Obviously Cyke was not happy with Xavier, but seeing him blast him while he was stopping Magneto was crazy! I guess turning the power back on would definitely be bad with all those nanobot Sentinels still out there, but damn! I can't stand Xavier's VA, though. He's so annoying. When Magneto shut him up, I laughed(not that Magneto's VA is A+ either, I miss the OG version immensely, and I kinda hate his face design, but whatever...). Rogue and Roberto defecting to Magneto's team was interesting, especially in Roberto's case. I wonder how long that will be in effect, especially after the Fatal Attraction ending with Logan? Gotta say, we all saw that coming, but they could have animated it a little better! There have been moments of sublime animation in this show, but that wasn't it! I guess you can't get but soo graphic on Disney+, but come on, you already showed Wolvie cutting nanobot Sentinels in half and dismembering and all that(and they are still human in there somewhere, mind you!), you show him with bloody claws in Magneto, show the adamantium actually flow out. Could have been a stunning animation moment, instead of a freeze frame(we've already seen the comic panel, it's your job to elevate it!). Whatever, minor quibble.

Anyways, I gotta say, with 2/3 of the finale in the bag, I am a little disappointed. This series wrote a big check throughout the season, but I'm not sure the finale is going to cash out on my skyhigh expectations. I noticed Beau didn't write this one either. I hope he wrote the finale and pulls out the big guns. Episodes 5 and 2 still haven't been eclipsed, and it just doesn't feel right for the season to have peaked so early. That said, this show is still eating, and even the less than stellar episodes are running circles around most other content these days. We've been spoiled, but I want MORE!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Jean/Storm moments were very touching, but I wish this show also acknowledged the friendship that Storm and Rogue had in the original.