Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Magneto was right's usage in the real world doesn't necessarily mean advocating violence obviously, otherwise half of the comic fans would be heading off for questioning and interrogation. What it does mean is that if you're a minority, you will never be accepted by other groups in ways other than meet the bare minimum legally required. I found in my life, as an Asian American man who also was born with a moderate genetic hearing loss (a double whammy) that not only does pessimism mean realism, reality was even worse than my most pessimistic outlook.

I worked hard, studied hard. Worked with 2 Nobel laureates, graduated from UC Berkeley, then got an advanced degree, engineering license, and a six figure salary job in my young twenties. But even since high school I couldn't get a date. My parents lied to me, pushed me on a grueling high level educational career path telling me that this was the key to getting dates. It was all a lie. Once I was in the workforce, I couldn't meet any dates period. I was trying to give my email address to women I met in the street at one point. Going onto dating websites, I met rejection after rejection after rejection. I accepted "No means no" every single time, eventually venturing outside my country in the online dating world, cold messaging women who lived in Ukraine (this was before the war, keep in mind I'm recapping years and years and years of suffering and rejection) or other poor countries who were open about wanting to move elsewhere, who were jobless--even they made it clear they didn't want to date me. Because of my hearing loss, I didn't learn new languages easily and my parents spoke a backwards Chinese dialect (Taishan) that no one speaks, meaning Mandarin Chinese women from China or Taiwan looked down on me too. My advanced degrees, my high salary (even to jobless women from places like Ukraine or Belarus), my clean record, that I didn't drink, smoke or do drugs--all of this meant nothing. Oh and I'm not overweight, normal looking but the constant debilitating ear ringing that eventually resulted from my genetic hearing loss lowered my energy levels slightly meaning getting the muscles that dates want wasn't as easy. Basically, if you're a member of a disadvantaged group, doing everything society says will never get you acceptance other than a "Good job" at the workplace--you will be treated like an outsider and a creep in the dating world.

Magneto was right.
    You need to go out and drink.
    Bars and clubs are the best way to socialize with other people and meet women as well.
    Drinking in moderation will also loosen you up and relieve stress. Because your post suggest you’re too tightly wound up. And women can tell that about you instantly and is probably the cause of much of your rejections.

Also don’t have the high expectation that every time you go out and look for a woman, it will go good.
    Accept that rejection is a part of life, and you’ll be more at ease when socializing.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-09-2024 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You need to go out and drink.
    Bars and clubs are the best way to socialize with other people and meet women as well.
    Drinking in moderation will also loosen you up and relieve stress. Because your post suggest you’re too tightly wound up. And women can tell that about you instantly and is probably the cause of much of your rejections.

Also don’t have the high expectation that every time you go out and look for a woman, it will go good.
    Accept that rejection is a part of life, and you’ll be more at ease when socializing.
    100%. Drinking for the win. Not getting sloppy hammered. Just having drinks, loosening up and socializing. Solves most of my problems anyway. Cheers.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

You just have to become a Sigma male bro

I worked hard, studied hard. Worked with 2 Nobel laureates, graduated from UC Berkeley, then got an advanced degree, engineering license, and a six figure salary job in my young twenties. But even since high school I couldn't get a date. My parents lied to me, pushed me on a grueling high level educational career path telling me that this was the key to getting dates. It was all a lie. Once I was in the workforce, I couldn't meet any dates period. I was trying to give my email address to women I met in the street at one point. Going onto dating websites, I met rejection after rejection after rejection. I accepted "No means no" every single time, eventually venturing outside my country in the online dating world, cold messaging women who lived in Ukraine (this was before the war, keep in mind I'm recapping years and years and years of suffering and rejection) or other poor countries who were open about wanting to move elsewhere, who were jobless--even they made it clear they didn't want to date me. Because of my hearing loss, I didn't learn new languages easily and my parents spoke a backwards Chinese dialect (Taishan) that no one speaks, meaning Mandarin Chinese women from China or Taiwan looked down on me too. My advanced degrees, my high salary (even to jobless women from places like Ukraine or Belarus), my clean record, that I didn't drink, smoke or do drugs--all of this meant nothing. Oh and I'm not overweight, normal looking but the constant debilitating ear ringing that eventually resulted from my genetic hearing loss lowered my energy levels slightly meaning getting the muscles that dates want wasn't as easy. Basically, if you're a member of a disadvantaged group, doing everything society says will never get you acceptance other than a "Good job" at the workplace--you will be treated like an outsider and a creep in the dating world.

Magneto was right.
    Magneto was right about what? I don't remember Magento ever telling people that women owe men sex even if the man is weird and creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Magneto was right about what? I don't remember Magento ever telling people that women owe men sex even if the man is weird and creepy.
    Right? Effing gross.

*slowly backs out of thread* wow...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Can't tell if that user was trolling or not with that nonsense post(can never tell these days), but to me it read like one of those weird notes a person leaves before they go out and do something horrible. Y'all stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Magneto killed all his credibility by his actions in the latest episode, just like he did in Fatal Attractions in comics. He's turned into another villain, who just wants to destroy the world, and threw a tantrum, when Charles and Logan had enough of his bullshit and decided to finish this.
    He might be right from ideological standpoint, but his methods have always been terrible, and he can't be a leader anyways, he's too unstable and emotional for that.
    Magneto is a complex character, we love what Claremont did with him, but he started off as a one-note megalomaniacal villain, and eventually reverts to form. In this project, having him take the stance of 'screw the planet earth, we can go live in this asteroid' makes him beyond reproach; he's right there with Bastion trying to nanobot everyone. That said, Xavier is full of bs too. Let us remember that both MLK JR and Malcom X were both assassinated before 40.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Since we're already discussing Magneto's motives in possibly controversial takes... I see more and more parallels between Magneto/isolationist mutants and Israel. A group of people with a history of oppression and genocide forms their own place to go to be safe, gets immediately attacked anyway and then gets criticised every time they retaliate out of proportion. Bonus points for Magneto actually going through the Holocaust and having his personality shaped by all of that trauma.

Any thoughts?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Since we're already discussing Magneto's motives in possibly controversial takes... I see more and more parallels between Magneto/isolationist mutants and Israel. A group of people with a history of oppression and genocide forms their own place to go to be safe, gets immediately attacked anyway and then gets criticised every time they retaliate out of proportion. Bonus points for Magneto actually going through the Holocaust and having his personality shaped by all of that trauma.

Any thoughts?
    Claremont

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

"We don't ask you to love or embrace my kind as your own, but merely ask you to accept that this is a shared world, and my kind, like yours, have the right to live in it

Loved Magneto´s take on the X-men mission statement.

"Don´t be afraid"
    I am going to miss this version of Magneto but this show gave me a lot of great scenes with him. I guess in second season he is going to stay in a coma if they follow Fatal Attractions but S1 was very good for his character arc.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2024 at 02:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

If we're talking Magneto's Greatest Hits from '97, I gotta post this

This is the true ideological conclit between him and Xavier: Fun vs. No Fun

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Lol to be fair that was him trying to parent a kid after decades of not doing any of that he did the same with the New Mutants, sometimes he made them train and train on the danger room, even agaisn´t him, because he is afraid of them dying on him, other times he let them come back from a party at 1 am because he thought that was adecuate for youngsters like them and once he scared into willingly going to prison a group of human boys who tried to take advantage of Dani Moonstar. Wish the Cartoon could have showed some of that it was nice and hilarious.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2024 at 03:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    well atleast ppl finally coming around to what some of have been predicting this whole time. the X-MEN as constructed this season won’t last. this team is going to be different after next week
    And we will watch as the viewership drops off if its almost a complete shift.

Edit:

Also...I still think Mags is Joseph.

Could be wrong but I don't believe that is the real mags.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-09-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.