Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And finally, this shot was one of the most chilling and graphic things in the season for me.
    Erik's eyes, the perspective making the bloody claws poking out of him seem impossibly large and long... Chilling.
    vlcsnap-2024-05-09-00h20m56s203.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I definitely think they've mentioned Jean and the Phoenix too often for it not to pop up in the finale. Maybe their trump card is her channeling the Phoenix Force again, if only for a moment.

Also having Wolverine cut through the Prime Sentinels might have been lulling people into a false sense of security that they wouldn't go far enough of him stabbing Magneto through until he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely think they've mentioned Jean and the Phoenix too often for it not to pop up in the finale. Maybe their trump card is her channeling the Phoenix Force again, if only for a moment.

Also having Wolverine cut through the Prime Sentinels might have been lulling people into a false sense of security that they wouldn't go far enough of him stabbing Magneto through until he did.
    After seeing Gambit get impaled I figured all bets were off. The thing is Wolverine was never put in a scenario(til now) to do what he does best. Had he gone up against the X-Cutioner in episode 2, I felt that would've been the perfect opportunity to show early on this show was pulling no punches.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'm wondering if there'll be any consequences/lasting reprecussions for both Rogue and 'Berto defecting to Erik's side. Like, I'm not saying the X-Men would outright shun either of them coming back, but a lot of relationships are gonna be severely strained, if not out-right burned to the ground(like 'Berto and Jubilee). Also, while it was a bit excessive, Scott was in the right to be angry at Charles for essentially making decisions for both he and Jean/Maddie even if his heart was in the right place.

Terrible. Not every show need to be Invinciblified. We may be adults here, but it is pretty selfish to shut the door behind you and make a property that should be okay to let kids watch to get into comics into a bloodfest. TAS was great because it was mature enough to be enjoyed no matter your age but was safe to show children to get them into comics and the characters. And changing almost all of the costumes is a bad move. Rogue's UA outfit is awful and every character already had their best costumes already save Storm. I do like the Cockrum look on her. Morph's powers make no sense at all. He should not get the powers of his shifted personas. Magneto going full villain again was annoying regression. And Rogue going with him makes no sense at all. And they are completely ignoring continuity in having Charles need them to remove the helmet to get inside his mind, as that was not a concept until the movies and he made Magnus relive his childhood with the helmet on in the first series. Why oh why could they have not just let the people who did the first series handle it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Terrible. Not every show need to be Invinciblified. We may be adults here, but it is pretty selfish to shut the door behind you and make a property that should be okay to let kids watch to get into comics into a bloodfest. TAS was great because it was mature enough to be enjoyed no matter your age but was safe to show children to get them into comics and the characters. And changing almost all of the costumes is a bad move. Rogue's UA outfit is awful and every character already had their best costumes already save Storm. I do like the Cockrum look on her. Morph's powers make no sense at all. He should not get the powers of his shifted personas. Magneto going full villain again was annoying regression. And Rogue going with him makes no sense at all. And they are completely ignoring continuity in having Charles need them to remove the helmet to get inside his mind, as that was not a concept until the movies and he made Magnus relive his childhood with the helmet on in the first series. Why oh why could they have not just let the people who did the first series handle it.
    It's not her UA costume though. This is Rogue's original costume which she always comes back to in pretty much every era. She wore this as part of the Brotherhood before defecting to the X-Men. Didn't come back to it until the late 90s during the Alan Davis run. Then wore it again in the return to AoA in the mid-2000s with a cloak, around the same time she wore a cloak version in the 616 universe when she was leading her own X-Men team. Then she wore a variation with a skirt in UA.

I realize the similarities with what she wore in those images, but the design they went with looks way more like the Uncanny Avengers costume IMO.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I realize the similarities with what she wore in those images, but the design they went with looks way more like the Uncanny Avengers costume IMO.
    UA has a skirt with belt. She doesn't in the show. In her original Brotherhood design, the "belt" doesn't wrap around on both sides. It ends in the middle like her new '97 costume. Notice her gloves and boots, especially the striped pattern of her boots, are identical in the show to her original costume. The only similarities to the UA look is the green/white color scheme.

morph does not get powers of those he shifts into. If you missed it, this was discussed above anpart of his powers are to change his mass and density so by doing so he is able to give off the appearance that he is using different powers, when in actuality he isnt. Juggernaut is unstoppable but when Morph used that form, he was knocked out pretty easily. If you notice, he is never truly effective whenever he does this bc its not the actual power. The only reason he was able to last as long as he did this episode as Hulk was bc Jean had a TK shield up on him and used it to amplify his strength/durability

Oh and IDA about Magneto becoming a villian as regression. Unlike the comics, he never got a redemption arc in this series. He was a villian in the series finale and tried to kill Scott, Jean and Logan. He appeared a bit more sympathetic when he elarned Charles was dying but he didnt change his stance on how he viewed humanity. Charles choosing him to iherit the school and lead in this series was not earned and didnt make sense in context with Magnetos relationship with the Xmen and view of the world at this time. There's also only been about a month since he took over the school nad he Genosha act so him being headmaster was not that long. Literally within about a month, humanity proved him right and made him feel justified in doign whatever it took to preserve mutantkind

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'm wondering if there'll be any consequences/lasting reprecussions for both Rogue and 'Berto defecting to Erik's side. Like, I'm not saying the X-Men would outright shun either of them coming back, but a lot of relationships are gonna be severely strained, if not out-right burned to the ground(like 'Berto and Jubilee). Also, while it was a bit excessive, Scott was in the right to be angry at Charles for essentially making decisions for both he and Jean/Maddie even if his heart was in the right place.
    The X-men shouldnt feel too betrayed by Robrto bc he was only within them for about a month and with the exception of Jubilee, didnt take the time out to form a relationship with him. Its also important to remember that was the only one that wasnt mentored by Xavier so he has no attachment to the dream that they fought for
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-08-2024 at 10:47 PM.

Pretty much. Rogue should have had some serious questions for Magneto. I mean if she was forced to battle Nightcrawler, was she honestly prepared to hurt him? I highly doubt it. I completely understand about the uniforms as well. I hate those bland green & white trashbags Rogue is always wrapped in. I don’t know why but I have no interest in reading about (or watching) her when she looks so incredibly boring. If that is her new uniform going forward, it will be detrimental to my enthusiasm for the show (which is currently at a tragically lower point than I ever could have imagined after this episode). I so badly wanted to get at least a few seasons out of the Jim Lee aesthetics in this show before they inevitably started ruining/changing them just as Marvel Comics did to them in the mid-late 90s. I wanted all new stories of these 90s Jim Lee X-Men going up against powerhouse villains like Omega Red, Sabretooth, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, etc. again with the much better animation. I was so excited to see all the new fight scenes with them. And I wanted Archangel, Psylocke, Colossus, etc. joining in. But now with Wolverine getting his useless bone claws, he will get his bell rung by virtually anyone he faces. And no matter how hard Marvel, DeMayo or anyone else with a pulse tries, I will N.E.V.E.R. like nor want to see any other uniforms on these characters. I promise, it simply can not be done. I was only cool with Jubilee since she didn’t really have a uniform before. But if they truly did do this with the intention of pulling a dirty bait & switch and try (in vain) to get me to accept these vintage 70s uniforms or that garbage green and white getup on Rogue, I guarantee they would have far more success trying to solve world hunger with nothing other than 4 boxes of Pixie Stix.

To borrow from a brilliant author who “gets it”: “I do not like green and white Rogue in a mall. I do not like green and white Rogue in a hall. I could not, would not want green and white Rogue with a fox, in a box nor even just in green and white socks. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue over here. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue over there. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue in the air. No, not even in a chair. I do not wish to see green and white Rogue ANYWHERE.” I could go on but I think you get the point…
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-09-2024 at 12:27 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Jubilee shoulda been able to wipe the floor with Sunspot... She's been at the school for how long? Woulda been cool to see what she's learned.... I mean Bobby went from being afraid to power up...to flying...throwing energy blasts around
    GrindrStone(D)

This episode made me appreciate Xavier, or at least this version of the character rather than the shady figure he became in the comics. People say he's a delusional fool, a wimp, someone who begs for tolerance but it isn't true, the very existence of X-men proves that. He has fought against Master Mold, Trask etc. just as he has fought against the likes of Apocalypse and Magneto. He has great empathy for everyone. Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, you name it. Yeah he may sound preachy but he always tries to reason first. Is he always right in his beliefs and actions, no. However he's an optimist at heart and at times it may seem foolish but it still matters dammit! What happened on Genosha was a great tragedy and Magneto has every right to be feel sadness and rage for that. But this episode made it explicitly clear that he wasn't punishing those responsible, he was punishing humanity in its entirety. Human, mutant, man, woman and child, whoever chooses to live on this planet, that's who he was punishing. Both Xavier and Magneto have flawed dreams but personally if I had to choose one, I'd rather believe in Xaviers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    This episode made me appreciate Xavier, or at least this version of the character rather than the shady figure he became in the comics. People say he's a delusional fool, a wimp, someone who begs for tolerance but it isn't true, the very existence of X-men proves that. He has fought against Master Mold, Trask etc. just as he has fought against the likes of Apocalypse and Magneto. He has great empathy for everyone. Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, you name it. Yeah he may sound preachy but he always tries to reason first. Is he always right in his beliefs and actions, no. However he's an optimist at heart and at times it may seem foolish but it still matters dammit! What happened on Genosha was a great tragedy and Magneto has every right to be feel sadness and rage for that. But this episode made it explicitly clear that he wasn't punishing those responsible, he was punishing humanity in its entirety. Human, mutant, man, woman and child, whoever chooses to live on this planet, that's who he was punishing. Both Xavier and Magneto have flawed dreams but personally if I had to choose one, I'd rather believe in Xaviers.

Very well said.

Quite frankly, as someone who grew up in the 2000s, in an era of pessimism = realism, I find it funny that folks nowadays are so derisive of that attitude yet are similarly just as quick to say Magneto Was Right. It's like they wanna say the gritty violence of a Garth Ennis is childish and wrong...but we still need Magneto more than Xavier. That Xavier's talk is all BS while the violence of Magneto is justified.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Jubilee shoulda been able to wipe the floor with Sunspot... She's been at the school for how long? Woulda been cool to see what she's learned.... I mean Bobby went from being afraid to power up...to flying...throwing energy blasts around
    It's blatantly obvious neither of them are really trying in that fight. It's one of my criticisms of the episode, how they put in this awkward romantic comedy in the middle of all this intense drama.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    It's blatantly obvious neither of them are really trying in that fight. It's one of my criticisms of the episode, how they put in this awkward romantic comedy in the middle of all this intense drama.
    I like it.
    She’s been this mentor/kindred spirit/lover to Roberto this whole season, which has been Jubilee’s arc, only for him to join Magneto’s side when things got tough, after she specifically told him, “you still have me.”
    Is it “high school” in comparison to the other characters’ arcs? Yes.
    But that’s exactly where Jubilee is growing past right now.