Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it isnt and its not even the same thing. There is absolutely no justification that avier couldnt have communicated that he survived and checked in on them

And no jJean didnt verbally call Xavier out but she also didnt defend him which implies to me tht on some level she stands with Scott. She didnt call Scott out bc she agrees with him. She didnt have to say anything as her body language and face said it all as Xavier spoke. She has her arms on her hips and visibly looked pissed at him

This is not hte look of a woman happy with Xavier
    It came off to me like Jean thought they both needed to get over themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Magneto killed all his credibility by his actions in the latest episode, just like he did in Fatal Attractions in comics. He's turned into another villain, who just wants to destroy the world, and threw a tantrum, when Charles and Logan had enough of his bullshit and decided to finish this.
    He might be right from ideological standpoint, but his methods have always been terrible, and he can't be a leader anyways, he's too unstable and emotional for that.
    And even if he is right from an ideological standpoint, if the X-Men accepted that without still believing the world could be better or they can still make some difference, they wouldn't be the X-Men any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lol to be fair that was him trying to parent a kid after decades of not doing any of that he did the same with the New Mutants, sometimes he made them train and train on the danger room, even agaisn´t him, because he is afraid of them dying on him, other times he let them come back from a party at 1 am because he thought that was adecuate for youngsters like them and once he scared into willingly going to prison a group of human boys who tried to take advantage of Dani Moonstar. Wish the Cartoon could have showed some of that it was nice and hilarious.
    As fun as this show has been, it definitely did not properly address Magneto's time with the X-Men and headmaster of the New Mutants, nor Storm's powerless period. Like, at all. 10 demerits, easily!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    And we will watch as the viewership drops off if its almost a complete shift.

Edit:

Also...I still think Mags is Joseph.

Could be wrong but I don't believe that is the real mags.
    100% impossible. Joseph is a twunk. He doesn't have wrinkles!

This has probably already been said, but I think Morph's Hulk strength actually came from Jean, who was using her telekinesis not only to help him jump and keep afloat but also to add power and weight to his attacks. Either way, that was one hell of a variation on the fastball special.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Does Magneto not realize that Bastion is a self-hating mutant? I mean, a mutant caused the genocide on Genosha and yet he is taking it out on the rest of humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Does Magneto not realize that Bastion is a self-hating mutant? I mean, a mutant caused the genocide on Genosha and yet he is taking it out on the rest of humanity?
    Magneto's taking it out on everyone. It's stupid. He's killing the entire planet. Most mutants can't live in space independently. And even if they all go on his asteroid, they've still given up an entire planet. He's lost all his cachet.

Bastion is not a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bastion is not a mutant
    In this version, he is. He triggered Cerebro, Mastermold called him the most powerful 'mutant', and his technopathy is referenced as a mutant power, even possibly effected by Forge's existing mutant power suppressing technology.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

So Bastion's the Marvel equivalent of Zeke Yeager now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Magneto's taking it out on everyone. It's stupid. He's killing the entire planet. Most mutants can't live in space independently. And even if they all go on his asteroid, they've still given up an entire planet. He's lost all his cachet.
    Considering some have allready speculated that Bastion allowed Cooper to free him on purpose, there is a possbility that he had also tinkered with Magneto's mind for a bit.

Given all the nano technology involved, it's not farfetched to think he had rewired some of his neurons to increase agressiveness and lower inhibition.

How big is Asteroid M anyway? It doesn't anywhere near big enough to support all the mutants around the globe. It seems that Mags just lost his mind. I don't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering some have allready speculated that Bastion allowed Cooper to free him on purpose, there is a possbility that he had also tinkered with Magneto's mind for a bit.

Given all the nano technology involved, it's not farfetched to think he had rewired some of his neurons to increase agressiveness and lower inhibition.
    That would make sense. Was it ever explained by Bastion was keeping him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

It's possible. You never know with this series. Rogue too may be nanobot-ed. But, this kinda of thing is straight up out of old school Magneto's playbook(see Pryde of the X-Men when he thought to smash an asteroid into the planet, forgetting that most mutants aren't immune to a global apocalypse).

How big is Asteroid M anyway? It doesn't anywhere near big enough to support all the mutants around the globe. It seems that Mags just lost his mind. I don't blame him.
    Well, it does seem pretty big, big enough to disrupt the atmosphere and make its own weather. Can it hold hundreds of thousands of mutants(or millions, depending on how big this mutant population is)? Maybe. But it's still no planet Earth. He has lost his mind. I guess being in the middle of a genocidal mutant massacre, then being stripped down and shaved by some weird pink robot guy, pinned up on an X for a week or two, will do that.

There's also the fact that every mutant doesn't hate humans. Quite a few of them have human loved ones. His solution is purely self-serving and short sighted.

In this version, he is. He triggered Cerebro, Mastermold called him the most powerful 'mutant', and his technopathy is referenced as a mutant power, even possibly effected by Forge's existing mutant power suppressing technology.
    he's a human/sentinel hybrd. He's a mutated, evolved sentinel but he's not an actual X-gene mutant. The show confused things by even referring to the prime sentinels as mutations but they arent the same type of mutants as the X-men