Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Ultimatum was better
    You're kidding.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Ultimatum was better
    Are you on fentanyl?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm loving how everything is remixed it makes it feel familiar and new at the same time, this is how nostalgia should be done. Excellent excellent work!

I hate how there is no cohesiveness to the costumes. Just randomly plucked costumes from the past which seem out of place for the story being told.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Go further back... to the mid 90s. This was Fatal Attractions...

Attachment 139401
    I dont think it looked good in the show. It wasnt nearly as horrifying here as it was there

Ultimatum was better
    Clearly this was all a reference to Fatal Attractions, not Ultimatum
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-08-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Can Morph just turn into Magneto and use his powers to fix everything? He seems to be able to actually use the powers of everyone he shapeshifts into

Not really. At least not fully. Jean was using her TK to throw him around as the Hulk like a wrecking ball.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Cyclops kinda just doomed the world for no explainable reason. Why did Jean's team have to succeed first? I don't recall this being explained anywhere. Regardless, he was clearly doing it all because he was emotionally compromised by Jean's plight.
    Because there is an entire army of Prime Sentinels that go back online when the damage is reversed. They literally say this in the same battle against Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Can Morph just turn into Magneto and use his powers to fix everything? He seems to be able to actually use the powers of everyone he shapeshifts into
    He doesn't really imitate powers. He changes his own physical form (mass/density) to emulate physical powers like strength and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I like how Rogue was wearing her Brotherhood outfit to signify where her mindset is at.
    That’s the best part about costume design. When they signify a change of character mindset in a story.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Okay slept on it and I’m still not a fan of this episode. This episode felt so toothless. Lots of people just repeating that the earth & everything will die in 12 hours. Show, don’t tell us - that’s why episode 5 worked. We saw the devastation.

Yes Wolverine got his metal ripped out but not really a surprise since it’s a big thing in the comics. Just kept waiting for the episode to finally fucking deliver something. Felt like the show runners just wanted to do a cool moment from the comics & spent the whole episode making the plot fit the moment. It was just so obvious from last week.

Rogue changed her mind *again* and chooses Magneto. Girl, I’m over your ass, you deserve nothing but dust at this point. At least in episode 7 she had a mission - find & kill Bastion. She killed Trask to accomplish it! And now she wakes up to the news they found Bastion and she just… joins Magneto to the eradication of the entire Earth. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Okay slept on it and I’m still not a fan of this episode. This episode felt so toothless. Lots of people just repeating that the earth & everything will die in 12 hours. Show, don’t tell us - that’s why episode 5 worked. We saw the devastation.

Yes Wolverine got his metal ripped out but not really a surprise since it’s a big thing in the comics. Just kept waiting for the episode to finally fucking deliver something. Felt like the show runners just wanted to do a cool moment from the comics & spent the whole episode making the plot fit the moment. It was just so obvious from last week.

Rogue changed her mind *again* and chooses Magneto. Girl, I’m over your ass, you deserve nothing but dust at this point. At least in episode 7 she had a mission - find & kill Bastion. She killed Trask to accomplish it! And now she wakes up to the news they found Bastion and she just… joins Magneto to the eradication of the entire Earth. Whatever.
    A lot of this does not make sense.

1) We literally see the ruins of the mansion, the frozen Prime Sentinels, and see wrecks across different cities. What more do you need to be shown that things are bad?

2) Wolverine’s adamantium being ripped out is the comic moment. You only saw it coming because you’re an X-Men comic fan. But casual fans won’t see it coming and Wolverine fans will be excited to see a pivotal moment.

3) Rogue was not hunting down Bastion. She was hunting down Trask. She was not even aware of Bastion until possibly this episode and I am not sure they gave her the full-depth of what was going on, since she was ko’d through it all.

Finally saw this episode and was absolutely hyped with it!

5 is still the perfect episode just because it has everything: heart, glamour, sexyness, drama, surprise, action and tragedy. But this one came really close.

I loved Storm’s return, her relationship with Jean here is everything I wanted. I loved the power and fight scenes already pointed out here in this thread. The choreography and visuals here are absolutely flawless.

I live they went there with Rogue, Wolverine. And I loved the Blue and Gold splits eve though Beast should have been with Scott so it could be even a little more accurate.

What I want in the next episode going inti season 2 would be:
    - More action like this but even more drama.
    - It really should end with the team splitted, two different bases of operations: Muir Island and Avalon.
    - Onslaught teased or appearing in the very end.
    - More members joining: Psylocke, Iceman, Archangel. Bishop needs to come back.
    - More modern outfits. I like the classic ones for the most part but some really don’t work (I’m looking at you Jean and Scott). Maybe the Outback vibe.
    A picture would last longer darling...

In addition to the X1 line reference, Magneto crashing Xavier's head with his helmet is probably a reference to Jean doing the same thing to Magneto in Dark Phoenix.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

For once I find myself thinking Magneto didnīt go far enough , first small writting mistake from this series but itīs significative.

I know the writers were excited to do Fatal Attractions but Magneto, who just discovered there is a world wide conspiration to end mutants, knowing their voices or their names, knowing where Bastion and Mr Sinister probably are, he would have looked to kill them off after ending the menace of Prime Sentinels and THEN go have his dramatic spat with Charles if Charles himself didnīt get to him first.

Fatal Attractions worked because there wasnīt a particular menace for mutants at the time, Magneto just wanted to create a space for mutants to live free of prejuice of Earth, this was of course before Genosha.

So Magneto, you really needed to get your priorities straight here.

There is also the problem that only Magneto knows how deep this conspitation goes, the X-men believe itīs just Bastion but in the comics President Kelly was involved as well in OZT so itīs a little suspect that while what Magneto did is an emergency, succedenly a big proportion of humans being turned into sentinels is quickly forgotten by P.Kelly.

Loved Ep 9 but I still believe Ep 5 is the best of the season in writting, content, originality and character work
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-08-2024 at 11:18 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I was confused about the comment she made on Morph 'They were on the team for barely 30 minutes before we threw them to the wolves' implies that Morph hadn't been a member for very long when 'Night of the Sentinels' happened? I was under the impression that they and Wolverine had had a long-standing friendship on the show similar to Kurt/Wolverine in the comics. Or it was just another meta nod to Morph being there on the team with barely any comic book history to them and being killed off in episode 2 after less than 30 minutes of total screen time.
    It feels like a meta-nod. We don't really know how long Morph was on the team before their "death," but the way Morph and Wolverine talk to each other in the original series (especially in "Courage") absolutely sounds like two people with a long-established friendship who are used to going on missions together.