Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Also, side note, if Bishop got lost in the time stream immediately, and baby Nathan was all by himself on the other side, how did he live? He was a little baby dying of the techno-organic virus infection. Without Forge's super science, and the regular care an infant needs, he would have died within a day or two.
    Crackpot theory.

Maddie survived as a psychic ghost after Genosha and lingered until the future where baby Cable arrives. Using part of phoenix force, she willed herself a new physical body, that lasted just long enough so she could raise him into being able to survive on his own.
    Essentialy taking a bit from the X-man series as inspiration.

Which then explains why Cable would have never been able to safe her, since her death is required for his own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Crackpot theory.

Maddie survived as a psychic ghost after Genosha and lingered until the future where baby Cable arrives. Using part of phoenix force, she willed herself a new physical body, that lasted just long enough so she could raise him into being able to survive on his own.
    Essentialy taking a bit from the X-man series as inspiration.

Which then explains why Cable would have never been able to safe her, since her death is required for his own existence.
    They've certainly got some 'splaining to do! They should have Scott and Jean raise him like in the comics, where they astrally projected into the future during their honeymoon or whatever. Wouldn't really quite make sense in the scheme of things as they've played out in OG TAS and '97, but that's never stopped them before.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This is also why I believe the writers made a mistake by trying to force Fatal Attractions storyline at the end of S1, because even in the original series Magneto EMP wasnt´something he planned, it was a consequence of his fight with SHIELD over Avalon hability to get to the earth, Shiled tried to push a blockade around Avalon, a place he wanted to use to give mutants a refuge if they accepted the invitation, the EMP affected the entire earth for a few weeks so the X-men and Xavier decided to end the problem of Magneto once and for all by infiltrating Avalon with Colossus help and mindwipe him into a coma, they just didn´t expect to see Magneto take the adamantium out of logan after he attacked him.
    Iirc the blockade was around Earth, not Avalon. It was designed to disrupt Magneto's powers within the atmosphere. I'm not sure the top brass would've allowed Avalon to return to Earth anyway, as in both mediums Avalon's presence on Earth was causing massive environmental disasters all over the planet.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Avalon by itself didn´t cause anything, it used to be Cable´s old base of operations called Graymalkin that was near earth for many years, it was the EMP the thing that caused environmental problems but that was the result of SHIELD´s confrontation with Magneto. Agree on the Earth thing.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2024 at 08:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    They've certainly got some 'splaining to do! They should have Scott and Jean raise him like in the comics, where they astrally projected into the future during their honeymoon or whatever. Wouldn't really quite make sense in the scheme of things as they've played out in OG TAS and '97, but that's never stopped them before.
    Maybe Rachel is the one who received him, like in the comics, and helped raise him. She's now made a cameo so it's possible

This quote by DeMayo is a great character analysis of Logan´s and Magneto´s character.

Here Logan was quoting what Magneto said to the X-men as a warning before they went to confront the sentinels on S1 X-men TAS 92

"The Brave are always the first to die"

People often forget those two are characters who had lived and survived in many wars, Logan knows Magneto´s past and Magneto knows Logan´s past as well, both have seen and done the best and the worst, Logan´s pragmatic mind understood why Magneto did the EMP in those circunstances, why it was needed, he also can see the pain Magneto is living in right now, he just is also mind and is in the possition/the need to stop Magneto now that he has almost lost his mind completely and the reason he does this is because he doesn´t want Charles or the X-men to do it. This quiet understanding between those characters is something that only a few writers have tackled in the comics.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2024 at 10:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Avalon by itself didn´t cause anything, it used to be Cable´s old base of operations called Graymalkin that was near earth for many years, it was the EMP the thing that caused environmental problems but that was the result of SHIELD´s confrontation with Magneto. Agree on the Earth thing.
    Iirc the act of bringing Avalon down to Earth when Magneto hijacked Ilyanna's funeral caused all sorts of environmental disturbances.

Yes but Avalon being near earth doesn´t cause any disturbances. In fact after Magneto was mind wiped, it stayed in the same place until Holocaust came from the AOA universe and destroyed it.

I saw Thorias put up his review of this episode and I have to say I agree with him on nearly all of his analysis.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Wow I tried to watch and couldn't stand even ten seconds of him.

EDIT: I dove more into him and his reputation and yeah... please don't ever post that guy again. This forum should be a safe space from people like him. He's one of those "anti-woke" rage content creators that just puts out hate videos to feed his engagement algorithm. His twitter page says his pronouns are "eat $--t". F that guy.
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-11-2024 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Wow I tried to watch and couldn't stand even ten seconds of him.

EDIT: I dove more into him and his reputation and yeah... please don't ever post that guy again. This forum should be a safe space from people like him. He's one of those "anti-woke" rage content creators that just puts out hate videos to feed his engagement algorithm. His twitter page says his pronouns are "eat $--t". F that guy.
    Jesus. Totally agree about that reviewer… relax, pal. It’s a f***ing cartoon. Go outside or something.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

"Analysis..."

That was the best laugh I've had all week.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I saw Thorias put up his review of this episode and I have to say I agree with him on nearly all of his analysis.
    And just to be clear, I'm not criticizing you at all!

If you agree with the content of this particular review, that's totally fine. I'm just saying perhaps steer clear of his more... pointed content. And don't bring it here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Jesus. Totally agree about that reviewer… relax, pal. It’s a f***ing cartoon. Go outside or something.
    Thanks, I didn't want to sound over-reactive but I was immediately ick

And better against Sentinel for PG rated Disney action lmao