View Poll Results: Which MU villain team should the X-Teams face this new era?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Bulldozer I, Bulldozer II, Piledriver and Thunderball)

0 0%
  • Black Order (Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Proxima Midnight, Supergiant and Black Swan)

5 12.82%
  • Zodiac (updated versions of Taurus, Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Gemini and others)

2 5.13%
  • Squadron Sinister (Doctor Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess and Whizzer)

10 25.64%
  • U-Foes (Ironclad, Vapor, Vector and X-Ray)

2 5.13%
  • Serpent Society/ Squad (Black Mamba, Cobra, Puff Adder, Asp, Rattler and more)

4 10.26%
  • Hencemen (Eel, Plantman, Porcupine, Scarecrow and Unicorn)

0 0%
  • Masters of Evil I (Baron Zemo, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Songbird, MACH-IV and Fixer)

1 2.56%
  • Masters of Evil II (Absorbing Man, Tiger Shark, Blackout, Mister Hyde, Titania and Whirlwind)

1 2.56%
  • Ani-Men (Dragonfly, Komodo, Gort, Cat-Man, Frog-Man, Rabbit woman, Bird-Man)

0 0%
  • Sinister Six (Electro, Kravel, Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture and Rhino)

0 0%
  • Ten Rings (Razor Fist, Death-Dealer, Midnight Fire, Mandarin, added with extra females)

2 5.13%
  • Hydra (Baron Helmut Zemo, Arnim Zola, Viper, Red Skull, Silvermane)

5 12.82%
  • Femizones (Superia, Quicksand, White-out, Gypsy Moth, Moonstone, Pink Pearl and more)

3 7.69%
  • Other: .......

4 10.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default What MU non-X villain should the X-Men face soon?

Sometimes, the X-Men fight non-X villains, like in the past they fought against the Ani-Men, Serpent Squad, Batroc and more.

Who would you like the new teams to fight against who are not usual X-villains?

• Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Bulldozer I, Bulldozer II, Piledriver and Thunderball)
    • Black Order (Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Proxima Midnight, Supergiant and Black Swan)
    • Zodiac (Taurus, Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Gemini and others)
    • Squadron Sinister (Doctor Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess and Whizzer)
    • U-Foes (Ironclad, Vapor, Vector and X-Ray)
    • Serpent Society/ Squad (Black Mamba, Cobra, Puff Adder, Asp, Rattler and more)
    • Hencemen (Eel, Plantman, Porcupine, Scarecrow and Unicorn)
    • Masters of Evil I (Baron Zemo, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Songbird, MACH-1 and Fixer)
    • Masters of Evil II (Absorbing Man, Tiger Shark, Blackout, Mister Hyde, Titania and Whirlwind)
    • Ani-Men (Dragonfly, Komodo, Gort, Cat-Man, Frog-Man, Rabbit woman, Bird-Man)
    • Sinister Six (Electro, Kravel, Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture and Rhino)
    • Ten Rings (Razor Fist, Death-Dealer, Midnight Fire, Mandarin, added with extra females)
    • Hydra (Baron Helmut Zemo, Arnim Zola, Viper, Red Skull, Silvermane)
    • Femizons (Superia, Quicksand, White-out, Gypsy Moth, Moonstone, Pink Pearl and more)
    • Other.....

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to tick the multiple voting options box and canot seem to change that after submitting the poll.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 05-08-2024 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Sorry, I forgot to tick the multiple voting options box and canot seem to change that after submitting the poll.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I mean.... modern Marvel can't even remember most of them so,... why not?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I doubted between Wrecking crew (should be fun), Black Order (serious dangerous villains on cosmic scale) or Masters of Evil II.

Had to go with the Masters of Evil II, as I would love to see the X-Men (or one of the other X-teams) fight against Absorbing Man, Tiger Shark, Titania and the others. It should not be an easy win though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Ultimate Member

I am intrigued by the notion of the X-folk interacting in some way with the Serpent Society. The Serpents have had multiple mutant members for quite some time (Slither and Puff Adder for sure, but also Rock Python and Black Racer, perhaps?), and none of them seemed even a little bit interested in Krakoa, which piques my interest. What motivation did they have, if any, to avoid Krakoa / stick with their non-mutant teammates? Did one or more Serpent Society mutants actually spend time on Krakoa, as a sort of 'non-extradition hideout' from their criminal activities and end up overstaying their welcome / abusing the privilege?

I'd love to see a version of AvX where the X-Men fight the JLA er... Squadron Sinister.
    From the supremacist angle, mutants fighting HYDRA makes perfect sense, and seeing the X-Men deal with the Sinister Six would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

It’s kind of bizarre that Ultron has never teamed up with the Sentinels before

They could have done more with Orchis being formed by Hydra and AIM flops, among other forgotten bigoted villains. Gillen making it the Sinister show was such a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Ultron is an AI supremacist he's not wasting his time on what from his perspective are over sized drones.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Spectacular Member

I’d rather just have 3 X-books with top-tier talent telling original stories with classic characters.

Serpent Society and various other crap Avengers, Thor, or Spidey villains? No thank you.

Peak X-Men took very little to do with the rest of the Marvel Universe.

I'm a Serpent Society stan but I voted for the Femizons because I feel like we'll never see them as a group again.

Ultimate Member

Seems more likely he would attempt to take them over and bend them to his will.

Although it would be hilarious to see one of these AI supremacist types to violently disagree with another of them, in an altogether human way, finding out that hating the same folk doesn't actually mean that they'd agree on literally *anything* else...

(Shades of that old Lovecraft story where a Nazi uboat sinks to 'old ones' depths and the crew ends up succumbing to an exacerbation of their hateful racist tendencies as the Rheinlander Germans begin plotting against / despising the Prussian Germans. The only thing binding them together was hate of other people, and in the absence of other people, they tuned more finely and began hating each other over regional differences that nobody outside of Germany would even recognize. Could be funny to see Ultron and Nimrod be like that with each other, each utterly contemptuous of the other, for reasons increasingly artificial and specious. "You only gained consciousness by incorporating human thought engrams! You might as well be one of them!
    To have human thoughts and feelings corrupting the purity of your programming, disgusting." "Your reasoning is sub-optimal." "Oh! Them's fighting words!")

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Ultron is an AI supremacist he's not wasting his time on what from his perspective are over sized drones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Seems more likely he would attempt to take them over and bend them to his will.

Although it would be hilarious to see one of these AI supremacist types to violently disagree with another of them, in an altogether human way, finding out that hating the same folk doesn't actually mean that they'd agree on literally *anything* else...

(Shades of that old Lovecraft story where a Nazi uboat sinks to 'old ones' depths and the crew ends up succumbing to an exacerbation of their hateful racist tendencies as the Rheinlander Germans begin plotting against / despising the Prussian Germans. The only thing binding them together was hate of other people, and in the absence of other people, they tuned more finely and began hating each other over regional differences that nobody outside of Germany would even recognize. Could be funny to see Ultron and Nimrod be like that with each other, each utterly contemptuous of the other, for reasons increasingly artificial and specious. "You only gained consciousness by incorporating human thought engrams! You might as well be one of them!
    To have human thoughts and feelings corrupting the purity of your programming, disgusting." "Your reasoning is sub-optimal." "Oh! Them's fighting words!")
    Ha, this would be a great scenario to see play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They could have done more with Orchis being formed by Hydra and AIM flops, among other forgotten bigoted villains. Gillen making it the Sinister show was such a wasted opportunity.
    Indeed. I'd also say a lot for Orchis being formed as much by so-called "good guy" organizations like S.H.I.E.L.D. as known "bad guy" organizations like HYDRA and A.I.M. and how fear of a rising mutantkind united them despite their opposition to each other in pretty much everything else. Plenty could have been done with that, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Always believed The U-Foes had potential, so definitely they're getting my vote

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always believed The U-Foes had potential, so definitely they're getting my vote

That’s who I voted for too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, this would be a great scenario to see play out.

Indeed. I'd also say a lot for Orchis being formed as much by so-called "good guy" organizations like S.H.I.E.L.D. as known "bad guy" organizations like HYDRA and A.I.M. and how fear of a rising mutantkind united them despite their opposition to each other in pretty much everything else. Plenty could have been done with that, too.
    Ex-S.H.I.E.L.D agents would view any nation run by the likes of Exodus, Mystique, Apocalypse, Shaw and Mr. Sinister as a threat to global peace and stability and with their parent organization disbanded see Orchis as the best means of countering that threat. They would probably push for the removal of the QC and replacing it with someone friendly to humans. The Hydra guys just want a excuse to hurt people and the A.I.M probably ran calculations that show Orchis is humanity's best chance of survival.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.