Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable's goodbye felt like such an afterthought, but at least they acknowledged it before taking Hope off the board. My bet is when we next see Cable it'll be a different or younger version, and he won't have any memory of Hope anyway. According to Brevoort it'll be awhile for that regardless.
    Can you imagine a father giving their daughter the "dueces" as they're going off to their deaths, so dumb

Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-08-2024 at 07:28 PM.

I can understand criticisms of the Fall of X story in general... Things could have been handled much better.

As for Jean... Gillen is treating her like a true primal force, as Claremont always intended. She transcends the bounds of spacetime and human logic altogether. She is contradictory, multitudinous, and infinitely, perpetually paradoxical. Gillen is making us take her in one mortal breath at a time. He made the strategic move to slow down everything around and concerning her. His treatment of her has been like that of a photographer or filmmaker pointing their instrument at the rising sun or orbiting planets, letting their subjects show us how incomprehensibly massive, majestic, and mysterious they are.

I honestly have no words.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just speculating. They screw with him a lot as a character. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got a “factory reset” somehow. Last we’ve seen him he and Kid Cable are both still here, rushing off to battle at the end of Cable #4. Guess we might see them in the finale of Fall of the House of X and get an idea of what their status quo will be in the new era, despite them not currently slated to appear anywhere.
    I wouldn't mind a partial reset but his run with Hope was one of the only good things Marvel did with the X-Men in ages, wth, if they are erasing that they are nuts.

I reckon Hope will eventually make her way back from oblivion if she’s with Legion - that weirdo always manages to get back into print somehow.

Did we ever find out why he’s pretending to be Scottish?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I reckon Hope will eventually make her way back from oblivion if she’s with Legion - that weirdo always manages to get back into print somehow.

Did we ever find out why he’s pretending to be Scottish?
    Umm if you mean why Legion is Scottish is becayse he is. His mom is Moria who is Scottish.
    X-Men Forever

This era is really going out with a wimper….

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Umm if you mean why Legion is Scottish is becayse he is. His mom is Moria who is Scottish.
    no. that is wrong. lol

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Legion's mother is Gabrielle Haller whom is Israeli

Unglaublich!

Even though I've never properly understood Hope's role within The Five, I'm assuming that her upcoming sacrifice is the main reason for resurrection being off the table in the new era.

My main question though involves Doug. It could just be an art error, based on how he's been shown throughout the Krakoan Era, but why is his right arm still very clearly Warlock? We saw in Uncanny Spider-Man that 'Lock was a prisoner of the Vulture, so how is he now back on Doug's sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Even though I've never properly understood Hope's role within The Five, I'm assuming that her upcoming sacrifice is the main reason for resurrection being off the table in the new era.

My main question though involves Doug. It could just be an art error, based on how he's been shown throughout the Krakoan Era, but why is his right arm still very clearly Warlock? We saw in Uncanny Spider-Man that 'Lock was a prisoner of the Vulture, so how is he now back on Doug's sleeve?

He was drawn to look exactly as he did when Krakoa swallowed him up last year

I like Gillen, but this is just messy. I don't get why this is a separate series from RoPoX, but so many plots don't seem to fit. The whole family drama stuff felt so out of place. And I don't think I ever need to see Sinister appear again. I used to love Gillen's take on him, but talk about saturation and repetition.
    I'm just happy that there's only more issue to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Gillen, but this is just messy. I don't get why this is a separate series from RoPoX, but so many plots don't seem to fit. The whole family drama stuff felt so out of place. And I don't think I ever need to see Sinister appear again. I used to love Gillen's take on him, but talk about saturation and repetition.
    I'm just happy that there's only more issue to go.
    At the very least, this should have been a continuation of Immortal X-men just like X-men v6 was allowed to continue as a companion title while Duggan wrote FoX

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    See, I think Dominions are perfect for the X-Men. Especially Enigma. Some high-concept final villain of the era who's beyond the comprehension of even the most powerful of the X-Men, something that challenges even the Phoenix. They're ants to Enigma at his most powerful - imagine ants fighting against a god. The Fantastic Four or Thor have more experience with cosmic and abstract threats, but the X-Men being so ill-equipped to handle such a force makes it seem that much of a threat, and it would be more impressive if they manage to take it down. Making Enigma a primary threat does take away some of the mystery, but he's a product of a plan spanning multiple IRL years, had a ton of buildup, and is the culmination of several books' story arcs, and ties into the overall narrative. I feel like Enigma could have been one of the best modern villains we've seen in ages.

But then they take this story with years-long build-up, and just decide to speedrun it within a few months and between two writers. All while haphazardly throwing in plot elements to check off boxes, and underutilizing so many of the characters & themes that have been set up. All this time we've been treading water, wasting time with meaningless minis, taking all these meaningless detours that didn't develop Krakoa or the main plot. It could have been better put to use. I mean, look at how much X-Men Unlimited was able to tie in so many plotlines and have them build on previous stuff to create this narrative.
    The problem with Enigma is essentially that Enigma is just written as Sinister. Enigma should be something we've never seen before, and doing stuff we've never seen before.
    Yes, Enigma has all this power and yet .... just does the same Sinister things we've seen over, and over, and over again.

Enigma's relationship with Destiny? Exactly the same as with Sinister.
    Enigma's schemes in the past? Exactly the same type of schemes as Sinister.
    Enigma manipulating things to his own advantage? The exact same conversations as Sinister has.

Enigma doesn't seem like a new, high-concept villain; Enigma is just Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctic View Post
    I wouldn't mind a partial reset but his run with Hope was one of the only good things Marvel did with the X-Men in ages, wth, if they are erasing that they are nuts.
    Totally agree as I love that father-daughter relationship and believe it's one of the best things they ever did with Cable, and I'm not happy about it myself. But it is what it is sadly. Brevoort himself said they want to kind of sideline time travelers and/or characters with really complex histories, and Cable fits both of those. So does Hope, I suppose. So with her gone, and Cable sidelined for awhile, I'm just betting when he returns we're not going to see any references to Hope or his relationship to her. In this "back to basics" era, I'm thinking when Cable returns he'll also be kind of streamlined as well. Back to a more 90s status quo.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

As is typical, I have the opposite reaction to this issue than the majority. I thought it was excellent; easily the best X book since before Fall of X started.

- Doug’s back in time to make a difference - love it!
    - Destiny/Mystique drama - love it!
    - Hope’s origin coming into view - love it!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver