Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Yeah, if you had to choose between the two, Steph is better off with Cass (and that does fit better with DC's plans as of late), but having all three in the same setting does make sense (even if you're not going to have Steph dating Tim or teaming up with him, there's story to mine out of them being exes). Will admit that I have a hard time seeing Tim relevant to anything, but I respect that others may disagree.

IMHO, I might have Tim and Steph be about the same age (they were dating and if you're going to do a break up story so Tim can date Bernard and Steph can go out with Kyle or whatever, would make for a more interesting story if they were at similar life milestones and learned the hard way that they ultimately wanted different things out of life*). Agree that Cass should be at least a little younger; while see and Steph are close enough in age to be peers, Steph did sometimes seem like an older sister figure at points.

*Back when the Tim Drake[/I] ongoing was still published and I was hearing all the complaints about how weaksauce Tim's dumping Steph was, put a lot of thought into ideas of what an interesting break up story would be.[/i]
Granted a good chunk of her character history and motivation was centered around her relationship with Tim and both are each others' best relationship (especially compared to Bernard or Kyle).