Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Design a Superman show using only elements from previous shows.

You're tasked with designing a Superman show. BUT the catch is that you can only use elements from other shows. Costumes, characters, channels, time slots, even actors if you choose.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

I'm going from the POV that I can borrow the ideas from shows but the actors would have to be contemporary with each other and the roles. So trying to match Jack Larson as a young Jimmy Olsen with Melissa Benoit as 20-something Supergirl and Tom Welling as a teen Clark Kent wouldn't be possible. I could use those actors in character as examples for the how to portrayals would be though.

Regular cast:

Clark/Superman- set up from Lois & Clark. Young reporter just arriving in Metropolis from time travelling the world. At the start of the show has not yet debuted as Superman but did wear glasses from an early age

Lana Lang (based on Stacy Haiduk's version from the Superboy TV series), Clark's former neighbor from Smallville who he also attended college with. She sees Clark as a platonic friend but is immediately attracted to Superman. Lana has a natural curiosity but iis NOT a journalist.

James Olsen: Pure Jack Larson for inspiration. Jimmy is a guy who wants to be respected but lacks the skill. His heart is in the right place but he tends to act before thinking or to overestimate his abilities in most situations. The running gag between him and Perry White about Jimmy calling him "Chief" would be used often.

Perry White: Take a bit of Lane Smith's Elvis obsessed paternal version and a bit of John Hamilton's frustrated by his reporters' inability to keep him in the loop. Basically we see the more personal Perry when he is speaking privately with Clark, but the hot headed boss persona with Jimmy and the rest of the staff.

Recurring "Guests"

Jonathan and Martha Kent- Here i just go with it and lift them right from Smallville right down to casting John Schneider and Annette O'Toole in the roles. They would make infrequent appearances- largely in the pilot and during episodes where Clark returns hime for a visit.

I'll be back to add in more to this post as i flesh it out.