Mighty Member

Default Bizzaro villainous?

Maybe Post-Crisis Bizarro comes across more villainous but Silver Age I actually felt sorry for him. He was only trying to do the right thing but didn't know his own strength. I do like that Lois in Action Comics 255 makes an imperfect clone of herself so that she can go off and be with Bizarro. Gives him a nice little ending at that time. I feel he's just misunderstood.

I like Bizarro as less of a full on villain and more of a confused monster character.

The more wacky version of Bizarro from the actual Bizarro Earth is fine in small doses but a little goes a long way. Having a longer story arc with the Bizarro speak can get a bit annoying.

The character’s first appearance in Superboy #58 saw him as more of a tragic Frankenstein-like monster who was misunderstood and was trying to do the right thing. It just becomes incredibly dangerous when a confused creature has the powers of Superman.

Last edited by Robotman; 05-09-2024 at 01:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think the undercooked Lex clone B-Zero of 'F.Evil' was a nice idea.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Maybe Post-Crisis Bizarro comes across more villainous but Silver Age I actually felt sorry for him. He was only trying to do the right thing but didn't know his own strength. I do like that Lois in Action Comics 255 makes an imperfect clone of herself so that she can go off and be with Bizarro. Gives him a nice little ending at that time. I feel he's just misunderstood.
    Nice ending? Dude, they were killing any Bizzaro clone that didn't fit into their mold.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like Bizarro as less of a full on villain and more of a confused monster character.

The more wacky version of Bizarro from the actual Bizarro Earth is fine in small doses but a little goes a long way. Having a longer story arc with the Bizarro speak can get a bit annoying.

The character’s first appearance in Superboy #58 saw him as more of a tragic Frankenstein-like monster who was misunderstood and was trying to do the right thing. It just becomes incredibly dangerous when a confused creature has the powers of Superman.

I like this interpretation too. Better than the "Me do opposite of Superman!" version.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Nice ending? Dude, they were killing any Bizzaro clone that didn't fit into their mold.
    Oh, I'm reading a DC reading order so I might not have gotten there yet. I'm at the part where Lois makes a clone of herself and then Bizzaro and clone Lois go off to Bizarro World. I'm guessing what you're referring to happens in the Adventure Comics backups?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I quite enjoyed the Bizarro story in All Star, a planet of them with one lone (and lonely) “normal” one. Thought that was pretty cool twist on the whole thing.

Also really liked the version on the S&L show. The fight sequences were pretty awesome, among the best in the show, imo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Oh, I'm reading a DC reading order so I might not have gotten there yet. I'm at the part where Lois makes a clone of herself and then Bizzaro and clone Lois go off to Bizarro World. I'm guessing what you're referring to happens in the Adventure Comics backups?
    Oops, sorry about that. No. I believe it was Superman Action Comics or Superman. Well, Superman went to Bizzaro World, because he had a dream or something about that, and turns out Bizzaro Superman and Bizzaro Lois Lane were destroying Bizzaro clones who came out different. I didn't mention the rest of the story so you won't be spoiled more.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 05-13-2024 at 03:03 PM.

Can't forget the short-lived (in comparison) Outlaws Bizzaro of the Rebirth Comics. Was a fun character, and a throwback, in terms of speech, to the Biz shown above, rather than the whole opposite meaning thing which can get confusing at times.

Apparently the Bizarro in Nicole Maines Suicide Squad: Dream Team is suppose to be the Outlaws/Jason Todd's Bizarro according to DC wiki, not sure if that tracks given the last time we saw that one he was ruling Hell after killing Trigon but I thought this particular panel in todays issue really highlighted the inherent tragedy of Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Apparently the Bizarro in Nicole Maines Suicide Squad: Dream Team is suppose to be the Outlaws/Jason Todd's Bizarro according to DC wiki, not sure if that tracks given the last time we saw that one he was ruling Hell after killing Trigon but I thought this particular panel in todays issue really highlighted the inherent tragedy of Bizarro.

That's not the Hulk?

I mean both characters were likely inspired by Universal Pictures Frankenstein's monster design

Probably won't cover the HOW he's back from Hell, but "no one want him"? Jason and Artemis will always welcome him.

So, yeah. That sounds nothing like RAHO Biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Probably won't cover the HOW he's back from Hell, but "no one want him"? Jason and Artemis will always welcome him.

So, yeah. That sounds nothing like RAHO Biz.
    He could just be another failed clone. Who knows how many times Lex tried to clone Superman.

Or maybe Outlaws Bizarro just has a short term memory. His brain certainly isn’t wired correctly.

I mean both characters were likely inspired by Universal Pictures Frankenstein's monster design

Now I want a six issue mini with the Hulk dressed as Superman for no other reason.