...and how did it shape your perception of the character and/or preferences for the franchise?

In my case the answer is clear-cut - I was introduced to Spider-Man through the 2002 Raimi film as a kid.

Not long after I sought out the comics, and read the first arc of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, as well as a few issues of the then-recent Spider-Man: Chapter One. I also happened to read a few issues of Spider-Girl early on.

Also around this time I read the giant Spider-Man guide, published by DK Books I believe, which was a deep-dive into the entire 40 year history of the character and his mythos.

I also caught a few reruns of the first couple of seasons of the 1994 animated series, and watched the 2003 MTV series when it premiered. A few years later, I watched Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

In terms of 616, I remember reading some stray issues of the then-ongoing JMS run - Peter and MJ were having marital issues, Peter was working as a teacher, and Aunt May had just learnt the truth. Think I read the 'Revenge of the Green Goblin' mini around this time as well.

So to sum up, my gateway to all things Spider-Man was the Raimi movie, and that was the prism through which I viewed most of the other Spider-Man media I consumed over the next few years. To me, Mary Jane-Watson was 'the one' for Peter, virtually predestined since they not only get married, but have a kid together in the future! Norman Osborn AKA the Green Goblin was Spider-Man's arch-nemesis. Harry Osborn was his best friend, who I knew would become a villain someday (so the ending of Spider-Man 2 didn't surprise me). Gwen Stacy was really more a trivia item for me, a long-forgotten part of Spider-Man lore it was interesting to know about, but not really relevant (I associated MJ with the iconic 'bridge scene').

A decade later, I did enjoy TASM, mainly because it felt like Ultimate Spider-Man. Emma Stone's portrayal of Gwen interested me in the character for the first time, though I knew she was destined to die and make way for a rebooted MJ (that ultimately didn't happen).

The MCU Spider-Man honestly didn't resonate with me that much, though it was exciting to see a version of Spider-Man interacting with the Avengers. I suppose, to me, it was an intriguing 'alternate' take on the character, but not really my Spider-Man. I loved NWH for that reason though, not only because Tobey and Andrew's Peters came back, but also because it pushed Tom's Peter in the same more 'classic' direction.

I loved the Spider-Verse films though, and particularly the version of Peter Parker in them who was at least partially coded to be the Raimi/Maguire version.