Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There will be over a dozen "X" books every month, if someone's fave is not in a book it is not because one of the many rotating books decided to focus on one of the aspects of X-Men comics that a lot of people do like, it is because no one wanted to use them.
    Even if no one wanted to use those characters, you don't need to compound the problem by adding more bloat. At best, they're just taking up spots that could have been used for other characters. At worst, they also fall into the background and get nowhere - so while their existence doesn't pose a threat to other characters, their addition doesn't really add anything, either. Eventually, these characters will be in the background, fighting for scraps with the rest.

Not that I think there should never be new characters ever. But like, it really depends on the situation.

I can't say how this go, since I haven't read EXM yet. The story could hinge on there being three kids. But I would have gone with Bronze and cut the other two. Have her be the Kitty/Jubilee, and the other two spots could have gone to more veterans, or older students who could relate to her in ways the adults can't.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-09-2024 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Even if no one wanted to use those characters, you don't need to compound the problem by adding more bloat. At best, they're just taking up spots that could have been used for other characters. At worst, they also fall into the background and get nowhere - so while their existence doesn't pose a threat to other characters, their addition doesn't really add anything, either. Eventually, these characters will be in the background, fighting for scraps with the rest.

Not that I think there should never be new characters ever. But like, it really depends on the situation.

I can't say how this go, since I haven't read EXM yet. The story could hinge on there being three kids. But I would have gone with Bronze and cut the other two. Have her be the Kitty/Jubilee, and the other two spots could have gone to more veterans, or older students who could relate to her in ways the adults can't.
    Don't get me wrong, Kitty, Emma and three randoms is not what I am hoping this book is coming up with either. I expect, and this is because the marketing says so, that some characters we already know will show up.