Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Arrow Exceptional X-Men —Ewing/Carnero— “Keep the Next Generation of Mutantkind Alive”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details

From the New Mutants to the Hellions, discovering you’re a mutant in the Marvel Universe has never been easy, and in the wake of Krakoa, it’s going to be harder than ever!

While the X-Men reintegrate into society after the fall of their mutant nation, mutants around the world still need protection, community, and guidance. In EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN, a group of young mutants will luckily be trained by two of the greatest teachers in X-Men history—Kitty Pryde and Emma Frost! Today, fans can learn more about the series and see the reveal of the first issue cover!

Written by acclaimed author Eve L. Ewing and drawn by superstar Marvel Stormbreaker artist Carmen Carnero, EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN will be the final flagship X-Title to launch in the upcoming From the Ashes era. The series will introduce three all-new mutants who turn to Kitty and Emma for help with their emerging gifts: the metallic and whip-wielding Bronze, the emotion-stirring Axo, and the stealth-skilled fighter Melee!

Under Kitty and Emma’s tutelage, they’ll learn not just how to survive—but to thrive! But Kitty and Emma haven’t always seen eye-to-eye, and they’ll also have lessons to teach each other, as they take up the call once more—for the children!

EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN begins with Kitty trying to get as far away from all things X as she possibly can. After the actions she took during FALL OF X, Kitty craves normalcy and takes a job as a regular-degular bartender. She’s definitely NOT getting ready to head up an all-new team of wayward young mutants while avoiding the watchful gaze of Emma Frost. Nothing but work, dating and staving off depression. That’s it. Let’s see how long it lasts…

"Longtime fans of Kitty Pryde can count on the kinds of adventures you expect from her as a classic favorite, while I hope new and old readers alike will get to love this all-new team of young mutants," Ewing shared. "Kitty, the one-time kid sister figure of the X-Men, has to reckon with her own memories—good and bad—of being a child of Xavier as she navigates a role as leader and mentor for a new generation of mutants who are trying to make their way in a time of crisis."

"The story Eve brought up really hooked me from the beginning," Carnero said. "I found it very interesting to see Kitty away from the X-Men and trying to live a normal life in Chicago, but finding herself with young mutants who have to deal with this post-Krakoa world and Emma's plans."

On how the new cast will connect with both new and longtime fans, Ewing said, "I always try to strike a chord between appealing to veteran comics fans and new readers, but since so many people fell in love with the X-Men as teens and this book is about a team of young folks, that feels especially important to me here."

"Regarding the young mutants, I think the whole team fell in love with all three of them," Carnero added. "I love that they are such opposites. Eve had very clear personalities, hobbies, musical tastes, how they feel… And when it came to designing them, it all developed naturally, and the whole team had a clear vision of what their final looks would be. I can't wait for readers to meet them."

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men storytelling! Gail Simone and David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN are outlaw heroes protecting a world that hates and fears them from their home in New Orleans. Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN navigate the uncertain future of mutantkind while preparing for the worst in their base in Alaska. Meanwhile, Ewing and Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN exemplify that even in the darkest times, hope can always be found in the next generation!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Again I sooo want to love this, I just don't understand why we needed to destroy the mutant homeland and have a cosmic threat to get here...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The new trio are the main appeal so im hoping we learn more about them soon.

Emma is a favorite character of mine, but I don't think I'm interested. I have a hard time investing in the next generation books when there are soooo many unused characters. I'd rather them build up from the continuity than an all new cast that will likely be footnotes in X-Mythos.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The new trio are the main appeal so im hoping we learn more about them soon.
    They are? Yikes.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Welcome to the X-men random new young mutants, hope you don't mind becomming wallpaper or getting killed, imprisoned, turned minor villains in your next appearance once your title gets canceled within less than 2 years.

Not for me. krakoa just got me feeling this stuff is dated. as stated earlier i don't see why krakoa had to be destroyed. there could have still been integration coming from a safe space as well. this just feels dated like the fcbd read. I find im interested in the stuff unconnected to this so far like phoenix, x-force and wolverine. All so far are away from this or constantly moving around. I hope Storm ends up on arrako or somewhere where her solo isn't directly tied to this stuff as well.

Also i need a book that pimps the righteous anger mutants should be feeling when they got a place orichis tore it down while people stayed back now they are suppose to reintegrate and make little m signs while they hide out in their shame. naw, skip me on that.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-09-2024 at 09:28 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Seems better than NYX but the bar is not high

The students look like Hellion 2.0 and Hellion 3.0

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Hellionverse

I honestly forgot about this one and thought Al Ewing was back on an X-Book. Hopes dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I honestly forgot about this one and thought Al Ewing was back on an X-Book. Hopes dashed.
    LMAO same here. i actually rushed in and was like "Exceptional? Ewing..." then was like "ohhhh, yeah." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yep. They kept the wrong Ewing. Oh well. Carry on....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Emma's costume is a crime ��
    I'm hoping Synch is added to the cast. He'd fit a book called "Exceptional". I'm not very interested in the new characters, they don't look actually new. Especially bronze Mercury.