Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I will read this because I love me some Emma and Kitty dynamics and the art looks beautiful but I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really excited for ANY of the From the Ashes content, none of the books look really that interesting so far. Hope I'm proved wrong and it ends being great but IDK, it feels like a going back go the old, ignoring how refreshing Krakoa was.

Also hating Emma and Kate's costumes.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Yeah in Uncanny's case we already got hints and almost guarantees (Monet) for an expanded roster. Adjectiveless already stated there are going to be more members not part of the active team but hanging around at the base for when they are needed. But this one is supposed to come out the latest of the three flagships, so it'll get the least amount of hints.
    I totally forgot about them adding more for Adjectiveless. I wouldn't be surprised if they add more to this book, but it hasn't quite felt like its a flagship like the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not for me. krakoa just got me feeling this stuff is dated. as stated earlier i don't see why krakoa had to be destroyed. there could have still been integration coming from a safe space as well. this just feels dated like the fcbd read. I find im interested in the stuff unconnected to this so far like phoenix, x-force and wolverine. All so far are away from this or constantly moving around. I hope Storm ends up on arrako or somewhere where her solo isn't directly tied to this stuff as well.

Also i need a book that pimps the righteous anger mutants should be feeling when they got a place orichis tore it down while people stayed back now they are suppose to reintegrate and make little m signs while they hide out in their shame. naw, skip me on that.
    agreed 100%
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

So we have bootleg Mercury, Emo-boy and at least seems that Melee has a powerset that makes gives her contrast to her design (stealth seems to be equal to invisibility/camouflage). But still none of the kids look interesting at all.

Only thing that can make the book survive is the Kitty/Emma dynamic. The new kids are unimportant compared to that.

Also, Kitty one of the best teachers of X-men hystory? That is complete BS. The best teachers of the X-men franchise have been Banshee, Mirage, Karma and Emma (who despite the high body count at least she cared for her students, which is not the case of Kitty and the majority of the X-men).
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 05-09-2024 at 10:57 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I do t care for the new characters. Y though Emma looks like Emma. The complaints on her outfit are funny ahe c alwats does this. Of the 3 x-men books it is my least favorite
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    The students look like Hellion 2.0 and Hellion 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Hellionverse
    Bronze is his chimera with Bling! and Mercury, Axo is his chimera with Wallflower, and Melee is just one of Hellion's many admirers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

the X looks like a spider... peter did teach at logan's "Jean Grey School" if they threw a spider character in here I would be amused.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    the X looks like a spider... peter did teach at logan's "Jean Grey School" if they threw a spider character in here I would be amused.
    Well, Spider-Girl isn't doing anything right now.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I would be really interested about those 3 new characters if the X-line treated the young mutants better.

But we don't even know if Escapade, Gimmick, Cosmar or that horrible little pink girl will appear post Krakoa, so why even pretend this new batch will do better?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I would be really interested about those 3 new characters if the X-line treated the young mutants better.

But we don't even know if Escapade, Gimmick, Cosmar or that horrible little pink girl will appear post Krakoa, so why even pretend this new batch will do better?
    Escapade is joining the new Avengers Academy infinity comic

Punk new mutant dude reminds me of B-negative from the cancelled New Warriors series.

What are ANY of those outfits. Only the two new girls looks like they even belong on the same team.

The Premise is okay, but sounds both too generic and too specific.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Would have been so much more interesting if it had Trance, Hellion and Pixie instead. They kind of fit the looks a bit.

Then I would have been hyped. This title is together with the new Wolverine series most likely to drop of my pull list first. Hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 05-09-2024 at 11:57 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

That would be nice but they wouldnt be trsining kids if it was. I understand the need for new Students.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That would be nice but they wouldnt be trsining kids if it was. I understand the need for new Students.
    Yeah I understand people getting upset about character bloat but you cannot keep training the same kids, it's the reason why we keep getting new generations of mutants. A lot of the Academy X kids were front liners during Decimation, what do they need training from Kitty for?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Escapade is joining the new Avengers Academy infinity comic
    Really? Ugh... I really hate this format, but that's where all the cool kids are nowadays.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way