Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Either Jumbo is dead or had a falling out with Emma because there's no way he would let his girl walk out the door in THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Either Jumbo is dead or had a falling out with Emma because there's no way he would let his girl walk out the door in THAT.
    I'm thinking he designed it as some kind of revenge against Emma for not paying him since the last Gala.

Fantastic Member

i know we have the new 10 issue rule in place but ughhh..no chance this gets past 5 issues unless the book has major crossover with the 2 main x books......

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know we have the new 10 issue rule in place but ughhh..no chance this gets past 5 issues unless the book has major crossover with the 2 main x books......
    Nah. It's being positioned as a flagship and has X-men in the title. It probably won't be a good seller considering the cast, but it will last more than 5 issues. That's just being too pessimistic.

Extraordinary Member

I am not going to pretend that anything about the way this is promoted makes me want to buy it but there is nothing that makes it an automatic skip either. I will give it a shot and hope it is enjoyable.

Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar

I only read Ewing’s Photon series, and I thought that was okay. I do like the premise of going back to what works with Kitty’s character (mentoring younger characters and being the slice of like X-character). I have my doubts based on some things they said about Kitty at the comic con panel, but it’s best to just wait and see what the story is like when it’s released.

Fantastic Member

I'm withholding judgement on all of the new books until we're done with Krakoa. For a flagship this cast is very small, so I'm guessing we'll have to wait until the end until we get a better idea of where all the mutants end up, seeing how there are a lot of mutants that don't have "homes" yet. That said there is nothing wrong with the premise of the book if Kitty's role in the current event is over as of now, since she's clearly in a broken state of mind.

Picking it up for Emma and Kate, the new kids aren't drawing me in but I'll give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I'm withholding judgement on all of the new books until we're done with Krakoa. For a flagship this cast is very small, so I'm guessing we'll have to wait until the end until we get a better idea of where all the mutants end up, seeing how there are a lot of mutants that don't have "homes" yet. That said there is nothing wrong with the premise of the book if Kitty's role in the current event is over as of now, since she's clearly in a broken state of mind.
    Its the smallest of the three, only one less than Uncanny but Simone keeps implying there will be more added to the cast so that may happen here. I'm curious to see if it would be mor new kids or returning characters.

I'll give the first issue a try and hope that it somehow hooks me.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Picking it up for Emma and Kate, the new kids aren't drawing me in but I'll give them a chance.

Its the smallest of the three, only one less than Uncanny but Simone keeps implying there will be more added to the cast so that may happen here. I'm curious to see if it would be mor new kids or returning characters.
    Yeah in Uncanny's case we already got hints and almost guarantees (Monet) for an expanded roster. Adjectiveless already stated there are going to be more members not part of the active team but hanging around at the base for when they are needed. But this one is supposed to come out the latest of the three flagships, so it'll get the least amount of hints.

I will read this because I love me some Emma and Kitty dynamics and the art looks beautiful but I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really excited for ANY of the From the Ashes content, none of the books look really that interesting so far. Hope I'm proved wrong and it ends being great but IDK, it feels like a going back go the old, ignoring how refreshing Krakoa was.

Also hating Emma and Kate's costumes.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Yeah in Uncanny's case we already got hints and almost guarantees (Monet) for an expanded roster. Adjectiveless already stated there are going to be more members not part of the active team but hanging around at the base for when they are needed. But this one is supposed to come out the latest of the three flagships, so it'll get the least amount of hints.
    I totally forgot about them adding more for Adjectiveless. I wouldn't be surprised if they add more to this book, but it hasn't quite felt like its a flagship like the other two.

Yeah it’s weird that Breevort described this as the “school” book when really it’s giving… after school tutoring. Also does anyone find it odd that Emma is fine just being a teacher in the new era? For Kate it makes sense she’s wanting to step away from the superhero life. But Emma has been defacto leader of the Krakoan resistance and recently got a spot on the Illuminati. This all just feels so small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah it’s weird that Breevort described this as the “school” book when really it’s giving… after school tutoring. Also does anyone find it odd that Emma is fine just being a teacher in the new era? For Kate it makes sense she’s wanting to step away from the superhero life. But Emma has been defacto leader of the Krakoan resistance and recently got a spot on the Illuminati. This all just feels so small scale.
    You’re forgetting that she’s also preparing for the birth of lil Tony Stark Jr.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver