Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    the X looks like a spider... peter did teach at logan's "Jean Grey School" if they threw a spider character in here I would be amused.
    Well, Spider-Girl isn't doing anything right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I would be really interested about those 3 new characters if the X-line treated the young mutants better.

But we don't even know if Escapade, Gimmick, Cosmar or that horrible little pink girl will appear post Krakoa, so why even pretend this new batch will do better?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I would be really interested about those 3 new characters if the X-line treated the young mutants better.

But we don't even know if Escapade, Gimmick, Cosmar or that horrible little pink girl will appear post Krakoa, so why even pretend this new batch will do better?
    Escapade is joining the new Avengers Academy infinity comic

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Escapade is joining the new Avengers Academy infinity comic
    Really? Ugh... I really hate this format, but that's where all the cool kids are nowadays.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Really? Ugh... I really hate this format, but that's where all the cool kids are nowadays.
    The team is pretty weird. It's a Juggernaut legacy, Escapade, Blade's daughter, Aaron Fischer (the gay Captain America legacy) and Moon Girl. I might be forgetting someone.

The more is revealed about this title the more uninterested I become. You really couldn't combine the cast of NYX with this premise? You would have young mutants with already established personalities and fanbases, and Emma and Kitty with a clear role. This insistence of adding new characters to an already bloated franchise isn't helping things, especially considering that each new title has at least a new character right off the gate, but this one has 3. I give it a year to be canceled and these characters shunted to limbo.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    The more is revealed about this title the more uninterested I become. You really couldn't combine the cast of NYX with this premise? You would have young mutants with already established personalities and fanbases, and Emma and Kitty with a clear role. This insistence of adding new characters to an already bloated franchise isn't helping things, especially considering that each new title has at least a new character right off the gate, but this one has 3. I give it a year to be canceled and these characters shunted to limbo.
    The NYX mutants are basically in college, you want them to hang out with high school kids?

I get why people aren't happy about the new students, but that's kind of the dilemma the X-books have. New/young mutants learning about themselves and their powers are crucial to the theme so you're either forced to add new characters to do so or ignore the past and have the same lessons be learned by the same characters over and over and over.

Why not, is not like it hasn't been done before in both NM and Gen X (not all of the young mutants were the same age, Karma and Chamber were already "college age" and hanging out with high-schoolers). But what I really meant was these new characters were not necessary, they could just use the NYX cast and tweak the concept a little.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 05-09-2024 at 03:01 PM.

Punk new mutant dude reminds me of B-negative from the cancelled New Warriors series.

What are ANY of those outfits. Only the two new girls looks like they even belong on the same team.

The Premise is okay, but sounds both too generic and too specific.