Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This would be cool as a Armor mini but as Ultimate X-men idk. For fans and Msrvel i hope it does well.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Why do they even bother calling this "Ultimate X-men" it has nothing to do with the X-Men this "New Ultimate universe" is a overall failure

Extraordinary Member

I am interested to see if the flashback of Mei gives any details about if she actually knows anything about her own powers and maybe why she happened to meet Hisako. The way the 'wind' blows her hair back to reveal her earing before the flashback is a nice touch.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am interested to see if the flashback of Mei gives any details about if she actually knows anything about her own powers and maybe why she happened to meet Hisako. The way the 'wind' blows her hair back to reveal her earing before the flashback is a nice touch.
    Her reply about not knowing exactly how she does it does point towards her not knowing what’s going on. I wonder how she discovered Hisako being involved in the car crash, maybe something in between the month before issue 2

Hmm the story needs more momentum. There are new players to introduce and while we will get some of that later, if judging by solicits, it feels like a bad time to flashback. Not that manga doesn’t love its flashback.

Amazing Member

What if Nico is her neighbour? And she helps guide Mei with her powers or maybe pretends to be normal?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    What if Nico is her neighbour? And she helps guide Mei with her powers or maybe pretends to be normal?
    I think you are on to something. The neighbour being brought up will lead to something crucial to the story but it could also be something that puts Mei in danger and sparks her power.

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    That's possible. Ultimate Nico's family is supposed to be mssed up too, so that may be her.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Why do they even bother calling this "Ultimate X-men" it has nothing to do with the X-Men this "New Ultimate universe" is a overall failure
    I wouldn’t say the entire New UU is a failure as Ultimate Spider-Man is actually giving fans what they’ve wanted of Peter for years and Ultimates does look interesting. Ultimate X-Men though just isn’t interesting me with the story it’s telling and with Wolverine confirmed dead in this new universe, we’re not even getting the bigger names elsewhere sans Storm which leaves the X side of things DOA for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn’t say the entire New UU is a failure as Ultimate Spider-Man is actually giving fans what they’ve wanted of Peter for years and Ultimates does look interesting. Ultimate X-Men though just isn’t interesting me with the story it’s telling and with Wolverine confirmed dead in this new universe, we’re not even getting the bigger names elsewhere sans Storm which leaves the X side of things DOA for me.
    Yeah I disagree with the premise that this universe is failing. USM is selling great and so far acclaimed. UBP is DEFINITELY getting more praise than 616 BP has gotten in a while, and people are excited for Camp on Ultimates, UXM is the only truly divisive title and I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned or anything. Some people love it, and some hate it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I disagree with the premise that this universe is failing. USM is selling great and so far acclaimed. UBP is DEFINITELY getting more praise than 616 BP has gotten in a while, and people are excited for Camp on Ultimates, UXM is the only truly divisive title and I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned or anything. Some people love it, and some hate it.
    Plus the second issue of UXM also sold very high. We'll have to wait until the third issue comes out to fully confirm it, but it looks that will be as hell high-selling as the rest of the rest of the new Ultimate line.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah, I actually really like Ultimate X-Men so far. So far, it seems like it's supposed to essentially be "Demon Bear Saga era New Mutants by way of Junji Ito." It's a big swing and I applaud the creativity so far.

Granted, I get wanting a unit comprised of more familiar faces for an Ultimate X-Men book! Mileage will vary obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    This would be cool as a Armor mini but as Ultimate X-men idk. For fans and Msrvel i hope it does well.
    Momoko-sensei's Ultimate X-Men will have a full team. This series isn't all about Armor.
    20240509_182634.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    The original 616 X-Men weren't anything like what we know them today until over a decade after their original release. The Ultimate Universe's X-Men begins in Japan with a group of teenagers helping & guiding each other instead of 5 American teenagers being guided by Charles Xavier.

If that's not for you that's completely fine, but don't say it's not X-Men. Also objectively this book is def not a failure when it outsold Ultimate Spider-Man and Batman during the month it debuted, and the numbers are still going very strong.
    Last edited by UncannySurge; 05-09-2024 at 07:56 PM.