Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn’t say the entire New UU is a failure as Ultimate Spider-Man is actually giving fans what they’ve wanted of Peter for years and Ultimates does look interesting. Ultimate X-Men though just isn’t interesting me with the story it’s telling and with Wolverine confirmed dead in this new universe, we’re not even getting the bigger names elsewhere sans Storm which leaves the X side of things DOA for me.
    Yeah I disagree with the premise that this universe is failing. USM is selling great and so far acclaimed. UBP is DEFINITELY getting more praise than 616 BP has gotten in a while, and people are excited for Camp on Ultimates, UXM is the only truly divisive title and I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned or anything. Some people love it, and some hate it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I disagree with the premise that this universe is failing. USM is selling great and so far acclaimed. UBP is DEFINITELY getting more praise than 616 BP has gotten in a while, and people are excited for Camp on Ultimates, UXM is the only truly divisive title and I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned or anything. Some people love it, and some hate it.
    Plus the second issue of UXM also sold very high. We'll have to wait until the third issue comes out to fully confirm it, but it looks that will be as hell high-selling as the rest of the rest of the new Ultimate line.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah, I actually really like Ultimate X-Men so far. So far, it seems like it's supposed to essentially be "Demon Bear Saga era New Mutants by way of Junji Ito." It's a big swing and I applaud the creativity so far.

Granted, I get wanting a unit comprised of more familiar faces for an Ultimate X-Men book! Mileage will vary obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    This would be cool as a Armor mini but as Ultimate X-men idk. For fans and Msrvel i hope it does well.
    Momoko-sensei's Ultimate X-Men will have a full team. This series isn't all about Armor.
    20240509_182634.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Why do they even bother calling this "Ultimate X-men" it has nothing to do with the X-Men this "New Ultimate universe" is a overall failure
    The original 616 X-Men weren't anything like what we know them today until over a decade after their original release. The Ultimate Universe's X-Men begins in Japan with a group of teenagers helping & guiding each other instead of 5 American teenagers being guided by Charles Xavier.

If that's not for you that's completely fine, but don't say it's not X-Men. Also objectively this book is def not a failure when it outsold Ultimate Spider-Man and Batman during the month it debuted, and the numbers are still going very strong.
    Last edited by UncannySurge; 05-09-2024 at 07:56 PM.

Gym uniforms .

So I guess her hair turned white when her Mutant powers kicked in?

I still respect the intention and creativity of this series but it really feels like it's own thing and universe rather being a legit Ultimate X-Men book set in the Ultimate Universe.

That's Japanese Cyke and Molly to the side?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gym uniforms .

So I guess her hair turned white when her Mutant powers kicked in?

I still respect the intention and creativity of this series but it really feels like it's own thing and universe rather being a legit Ultimate X-Men book set in the Ultimate Universe.

That's Japanese Cyke and Molly to the side?
    Yeah I just noticed Mori and Natsu (maybe it’s her?), but I disagree it being not part of the earth 6160. This issue already seems to hammer in it’s connection with Storm and Mei’s existence. I like that it automatically doesn’t go for the “we need to stop the Maker’s council” and is focusing on a new origin for the X-Men

I think people are just being impatient.

Remember, in the original Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncle Ben doesn’t get shot until #5. He doesn’t start doing Superheroics until #6.

I’m sure if that book was coming out today, you all would be complaining that “they should’ve just titled it Ultimate Peter Parker” or something.

But they let the creative team take their time to tell the story, and it became a stone-cold classic.

The third issue of this book isn’t even out yet. Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Remember, in the original Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncle Ben doesn’t get shot until #5. He doesn’t start doing Superheroics until #6.

I’m sure if that book was coming out today, you all would be complaining that “they should’ve just titled it Ultimate Peter Parker” or something.

But they let the creative team take their time to tell the story, and it became a stone-cold classic.

Isn’t that the reason it became a classic? Or at least the biggest reason.

No, it's because this series has nothing to do with X-Men or Ultimate Marvel. It hasn't referenced anything going on in the other Ultimate books. And it has nothing to do with X-Men. It's not that it has no familiar characters. It doesn't even say the word "mutant" in the first two issues. On top of that, the second issue is the same plot as the first. Seriously, it's the same beat-for-beat plot. That's not just slow paced. That's just bad writing.

Also, there's no hint that this comic grasps the larger themes of what it means to be a mutant. It's not just teenagers with superpowers. It's teenagers struggling with being born a certain way, being hated and feared for it, and navigating that world while still trying to do good. And Ultimate X-Men has absolutely none of that. And Momoko has not even demonstrated she understands that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    Yeah I just noticed Mori and Natsu (maybe it’s her?), but I disagree it being not part of the earth 6160. This issue already seems to hammer in it’s connection with Storm and Mei’s existence. I like that it automatically doesn’t go for the “we need to stop the Maker’s council” and is focusing on a new origin for the X-Men

I think it's more just the general vibe and pacing.

The original Ultimate X-Men hit the ground running a bit more by comparison but it was also an entirely different kind of book.