Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I've started wondering if Enigma becomes Hope's bio father in the past
    what if Hope takes his place and becomes a Dominion herself?

That dialogue between Sinister and Destiny is everything. Him calling her out for her bias in predictions... I love how it puts everything back in perspective and pokes fun of the tropes.

(I don't want Hope to die but what is new)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh I forgot this was coming out so soon! Jeez it really is the end....

Weird. Sinister is English and wouldn’t say “math”, and neither would Kieron Gillen. The dialogue feels a little shonky overall, like it’s been rushed and fixed by the sub-editor.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh I forgot this was coming out so soon! Jeez it really is the end....
    Yep fast tracking it so it ends the same month as Rise and Fall do
    X-Men Forever

God I hate just how much time we are wasting with the Mystique x Destiny stuff. Out of all the things going on in the Fall of the House of X/Rise of the Power of X storyline to finish off this era, how was this deemed more important than pretty much everything else in the story?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    God I hate just how much time we are wasting with the Mystique x Destiny stuff. Out of all the things going on in the Fall of the House of X/Rise of the Power of X storyline to finish off this era, how was this deemed more important than pretty much everything else in the story?
    I’d agree if they haven’t been so pivotal in the post-inferno landscape, but I appreciated this much more than their argument in 3 which felt a lot more tacked on. Gillen been building this moment with Irene since day one.

At minimum, I wish this had another issue.

Destiny and Mystique were two of the first characters to show up in the first issue of Immortal X-Men. They were two of the main characters of the book. This book is the conclusion to Immortal X-Men. It’s being collected as the last volume of Immortal. It’s a perfectly natural choice.

I think Gillen is doing so much better than Duggan because he’s not trying to tie up every last plot. I’d rather a handful of plots wrapped up well, than a dozen plots wrapped up clumsily in haste.

Gillen has always been clear that his focus is on his plots and his books. I can’t really think of any plots that he’s introduced that he hasn’t circled back to so far. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Actually, X-Men Forever is the best place to tie up this loose end of Nightcrawler's family drama. I think doing it here is better than shoehorning it into Rise of the Powers of X. I just wish the art was better in these last books. I am so conflicted about Destiny and Mystique. I love them together, but each woman is absolutely a horrible individual...so damn selfish with no regard for anything else.