Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

It seems I’ve been beaten to the punch regarding romance questions (I was also going to ask about David and Tommy, lol) but there’s another relationship to address… are Sophie (and her sisters) still dating Kid Cable since he came back? What’s the protocol when your shared boyfriend becomes an old man you’re no longer dating but now there are two of them and one is in your age range again?

Welcome, Jackson!

Mike Carey gave the spotlight for a bunch of the more obscure students in his X-Men Legacy run. To be direct, are we going to see Loa or Trance (or both, in a perfect world) in NYX? They were really endearing during that run (along with Indra and Bling!).

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonLanzing View Post
    That's absolutely spoiler territory, but suffice to say that Sophie is taking some time away from her sisters and trying something new. She's always had the desire to be something of a hero... maybe a friendship with Kamala Khan can open some new paths in her life.

As for Laura, I first met the character through the original NYX, but my preferred take on the character comes from Academy X and All-New Wolverine. Tom's been a good friend and a huge influence on the Hivemind over the years - and I always thought her budding attraction to Julian was a cool way to view that complicated character.
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonLanzing View Post
    When our book opens, Laura isn't hanging out with anyone. Her family is still out there and her feelings toward them are unchanged, but she is on a mission and it has consumed her. If Kamala is the mutant superhero of NYC, Laura Kinney is its dark mutant avenger. We're looking to push her into new story territory - we feel similarly about her to how we felt about Bucky Barnes when we first took on CAPTAIN AMERICA. More on all that in issue #2.
    Got to be honest here, a darker journey doesn’t sound exciting. But then most of that lies in the execution, so the proof is in the pudding. What worries me more is that it seems Laura is not interacting with those that she already has great interactions with. In this regard Gail is the big baddie, having a team with Jubilee, Remy and Logan on it but no Laura. But no Gabby? That just makes me sad.

Is there a chance if we keep supporting the book that Laura can meet up with them? I am throwing a very obvious bone here… At the very least we need more Gabby&Laura, the Krakoan era really failed to deliver on that.

Liu’s and Taylor’s for the best runs with Laura

Welcome to the boards.

I'm glad that you guys brought Anole and Prodigy. As both have accepting parents (Anole's background indicated that he was accepted by his community despite his mutations), will you bring any possible interaction of them with their families? Maybe as a way to help them with the transiction from Krakoa. Would be nice to see David's little sister Kim.

Welcome. Not a question. But for every issue that any Hellions show up (Hellion, Dust, Rockslide, Mercury…) I’ll buy several copies of each issue. ❤️

The Q&A here has definitely piqued my interest more in this title! Thanks for doing this.

I can’t really think of any questions that wouldn’t be spoilers… how about… after the first five issues, which will each be from the perspective of one of the characters, will it rotate on who the focal point is or switch to someone new or have a more traditional style?

Any addressing of the existential implications that Laura, isn't really the original Laura?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Any addressing of the existential implications that Laura, isn't really the original Laura?
    I hope not. Same with Beast.

Besides, most of the X-folk aren’t the originals anymore thanks to Krakoa resurrections.

Will this group live together in NYC or will they have their own place? How do they pay rent? Does Sophie make some rich person pay for their stuffs?

Let's talk covers as well. Will Sara Pichelli be drawing all of them or was that just the teaser? Will you have variants based on the character you're focusing the issue on?

Regarding Sophie and the Cuckoos, they always had a close relation with horror and creepy vibes, from their creation by Morrison, to giving other people nightmares and to looking like an evil choir. Will this be the vibe you want Sophie giving off as an individual as well? I'm trying to make non spoilery question, but not sure how successful I'm being.

Regarding Anole, is he still not disclosing he is a green lizard with uneven arms on dating apps or is he now proud to be who he is?

And overall, reading the description of the book, it seems they'll be faced against their own self struggles post Krakoa and hate from humans. Is this a fair assesment?

I'm quite excited about this particular book!

Edit: How is the Hivemind feeling about writing the Hivemind?
    Last edited by Alex.; 05-10-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I hope not. Same with Beast.

Besides, most of the X-folk aren’t the originals anymore thanks to Krakoa resurrections.
    "Just sweep it under the carpet" is a myopic view on storytelling, that will result in an uncompelling, ever compounding, complete mess of a narrative that erodes suspension of disbelief.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 05-10-2024 at 05:56 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Oh. I've got another one. Will you guys expand on Destiny's prediction for the Cuckoos from Hickman's Inferno?

Thanks for coming here. I don't have any question, I jut wanted to say that your book is the one that interests me the most out of the relaunch. Mutants living amongst humans in a day-to-day life is really an exciting idea for a book that never got really developped in so many years.
    It sounds a bit like Liu'astonishing which I loved.

Im glad you were a fan of some of the Krakoa era because the senior editor really isnt hiding his disdain for it.

So i'm hoping the incoming writers room can find a good blend and launching pad that doesnt totally shit on the previous era.

Hello Jackson, welcome to boards!

I'm super excited what you have in store for us, I already preordered 3 copies of issue 1 for variant covers. Being Laura's fan was really hard in Krakoan Era, cause when Krakoa was such a great idea, Laura is in top 5 characters to be this era losers.

My question perhaps will be a little weird, but did you heard/read that Laura's creator Craig Kyle always intended for her to be gay? He said that on twitter in 2018.
    Would that be, in theory, something still possible to implement in comics?
    Many of her fans agree that she has way more chemistry with woman she interacts with then with men she's supposed to be with: one sided feelings for Hellion that she ceased to have when they stopped being one-sided, toxic relationship with Young Angel (where in Wolverines it was implied there was no sex, as Mystique threatened Laura that is she doesn't help her she'll change into Laura and will do "the things he wants but is afraid to ask for, because of your...past")and with Talon, who is not current Laura, it took over 200 years to kiss Synch implying that without those circumstances it would never happen. And through years she had great chemistry with Mercury, Dust, Jubilee, Finesse, Hazmat, Kate Bishop, recently Sophie Cuckoo in her X-23 series by Mariko Tamaki and in X-Men/Captain Marvel with Polaris.

Also Laura is quite important to small crowd that are SA victims with her past (me included, for fictional character she gave me lots of strength in my life). Will the series touch onto that, what that means in her life?

Oh a big thing about Anole. And you definitely wont be able to talk about this because possible spoilers.

But his friendship with Santo (Rockslide) was kind of a shining beacon IMO it was awesome to see a platonic gay/straight friendship because it reminded me of how I am with my close straight friends.

Any tidbits you can share on though or can we get an optimisitc wait and see.