Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Do you think Marvel should sell the "Inhumans Right" to other property?

With Ms. Marvel retcons she is no longer an inhumans, this marked the final straw for the prominent inhuman. Since Marvel has the full right for the X-Men, the inhumans franchise was thrown aside and no writers was interested in using them again. So the best scenario is sell the right to other property like IDW, Dark House or Dynamite. Maybe those comic companies would be interested in using them by reinventing them into something unique and different.

Your thought about this idea?

^^^The Inhumans in their own universe (or even a shared one that wasn’t Marvel) could be pretty interesting.

I mean, I’d def. take a look at that comic.

Has Marvel done a thing like that... ever? In fact, they did the opposite: they bought the Ultraforce universe, just to remove them as competitors.

As for Ms. Marvel, she's still inhuman in comics. She's both mutant and inhuman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

As for Ms. Marvel, she's still inhuman in comics. She's both mutant and inhuman
    ^^^Inhumam.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

no, they're a big part of the Marvel mythos and cosmology as well as being integral to the FF

Not really as they work better as supporting players. Although you could spoof AvX and Krakoa with them.

DC doesnt have a metahuman culture the same way Marvel does...so they could find a home there.

What would be the benefit for Marvel if they did that?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    no, they're a big part of the Marvel mythos and cosmology as well as being integral to the FF
    ^^^Not that big, really.

Not hacking on them, but they’ve never caught on the way Marvel’s hoped. And not just recently. But since their creation.
    They’re a niche product, much the way The Micronauts, Rom, and Godzilla we’re back in the day.

I bring those characters up because Marvel didn’t own them, but integrated them solidly into their mythos. When the rights to them were lost, Marvel pivoted in various ways and life went on.

Say Marvel did sell the Inhumans off. If it were just the original Kirby creations that still leaves all the Inhumans created after the fact (it happened w. the non Marvel owned characters I cited).

How the remaining Inhumans and their allies deal w. the loss of the entire Royal Family (who maybe sacrifice themselves to save the planet or some other plot device to explain their absence) could be explored over time.

All the above’s just a long winded way of saying, it could def. be done.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    ^^^Money...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It doesn't.

It's silly pandering to certain parts of the fandom that think they OWN everything.

Handing them over to someone else doesn't benefit Marvel.

Last thing you want to do is hand over something to another person and they do a better job than you.
    You hand them over to say Dynamite-there is entitlement fanbase to throw shade or fits at any book you would do with them. Nor is there an alpha dog like Batman to eat up everything.

Dynamite has to put up an effort and INVEST. See Vampirella and Red Sonja and Elvira. How many titles do those 3 have?
    Same with Star Trek and TMNT and Sonic at IDW.
    Same with Transformers and GI Joe at Image.

Last thing anyone at Marvel would want is 5 years later the Inhumans have almost 200 books. Folks will ask what is Dynamite doing that Marvel did NOT?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Money...
    How much?

Moon Girl by herself is to valuable to get rid of. Heck so is Lockjaw. There is too much money to be made off of them.

Is that money really worth giving up all those trades? Especially the Ms Marvel ones.

Removing them from every Marvel book in history? That is a lot to edit out of Fantastic Four and Avengers.

Lets not forget how does selling them affect the tv side? Agents of Shield and Fantastic Four?

Only folks who would benefit is store owners who could charge as much as they wanted on all those floppies.

Especially for folks who want complete runs. That is a lot of books.

Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How much?
    ^^^How much you got?

But seriously, I specifically said in my post I was talking about Marvel selling off the original Kirby Inhuman creations.
    Moon Girl wouldn’t go anywhere.

I also said absolutely nothing about erasing them from Marvel history. Quite the opposite.

You’re quoting me but not talking about anything I actually said.

But hey, if you don’t think it’d be worth it, that’s fine. We’re just spitballing here.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Not that big, really.

Not hacking on them, but they’ve never caught on the way Marvel’s hoped. And not just recently. But since their creation.
    They’re a niche product, much the way The Micronauts, Rom, and Godzilla we’re back in the day.

I bring those characters up because Marvel didn’t own them, but integrated them solidly into their mythos. When the rights to them were lost, Marvel pivoted in various ways and life went on.

Say Marvel did sell the Inhumans off. If it were just the original Kirby creations that still leaves all the Inhumans created after the fact (it happened w. the non Marvel owned characters I cited).

How the remaining Inhumans and their allies deal w. the loss of the entire Royal Family (who maybe sacrifice themselves to save the planet or some other plot device to explain their absence) could be explored over time.

All the above’s just a long winded way of saying, it could def. be done.
    I meant in story not metatextually.

If the Inhumans were excised from the Marvel Universe then how would humans and mutants come to be on Earth?

But I completely understand business wise why it should be sold, but nah Disney already has too much money.

If the Inhumans were excised from the Marvel Universe then how would humans and mutants come to be on Earth?

But I completely understand business wise why it should be sold, but nah Disney already has too much money.
    I dont think removing the Inhumans would affect the mutants historically.

^^^Well I did touch on the in story; but how excised are YOU talking?

I was talking about the Kirby originals making a noble sacrifice as a way to write them out of continuity while keeping their contributions and non-Kirby created Inhumans in play.