Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DC doesn’t give anything outside the Justice League any love, and brands every possible team w. the JLA name.

A bunch of characters on a space adventure? Justice League Odyssey.
    A magical storyline? Justice League Dark.

The Titans will on again off again get the spotlight, but they’re in a league of their own no pun intended, and they have a built in Batman connection w. Dick.

And yeah, that Batman connection.

Harley Quinn shoehorned into Birds of Prey was panned by fans.

Batman founded the Outsiders yeah, but not every new Outsiders book needs to have him in it, or be ninety percent the Batfamily, but every new book is a combination of those two things.

Look at the current Outsiders book; Fans have repeatedly pointed out the story was better suited to The Terrifics, but DC went the way of the Bat.

DC doesn’t trust its own product.

The Titans will on again off again get the spotlight, but they’re in a league of their own no pun intended, and they have a built in Batman connection w. Dick.
    Have we got Justice League Titans yet? That feels like something we should have gotten by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Have we got Justice League Titans yet? That feels like something we should have gotten by now.
    ^^^They've been filling in for the missing Justice league if that’s what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^They've been filling in for the missing Justice league if that’s what you mean.
    I meant as a title for a book actually.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I was always a DC fan first, but they are a shadow of who they used to be. They have lost too many big names and it shows. I feel like the owners Warners don't care about the comics side of business and are content to spend as little money as possible on talent there.

From my view, DC doesn't have a plan, focus, or direction. They obviously have the characters and universe but not the talent or leadership to bring out their glory.

Extraordinary Member

Outside of the (possibly exaggerated number of) X-books, Marvel has Avengers and Fantastic Four. Team books do not seem to be popular.

Tom King got asked this and said that DC struggles to find top-tier artists willing to do team books due to the greater workload.

I think it was something among the likes of "If I asked Greg Smallwood or Bilquis Evely to do Teen Titans or something they'd laugh me out of the room!".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I meant as a title for a book actually.
    ^^^Haha, that one went over my head!

EDIT
    Oh wait, there was Young Justice…