Default Should Magneto's helmet block psychic attacks?

Or should that only be Juggernaut's helmet. As you know, if you are an X-Men fan, Magneto's helmet didn't block telepaths until the movies and the subsequent retcons in the comics. Do you think it was a good idea or it takes away from Juggernaut's uniqueness and Magneto already having a talent to resist psychic attacks? I'm actually leaning towards the latter now. Not every change in other media needs to be reflected in the comics. If you want reasoning of why he wears it, he also wears armor through his career. And he did indeed use the helmet to enable psychic powers within himself. But a helmet makes just as much sense as armor and you can say coating him in metal is good protection. But what do you think? I assume a lot of people will disagree.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

No, I understand it's easier to go this route because of the movies and Juggernaut but it's a retcon. Magneto was able to block telepathy because of his own force of will and latent psychic powers. He was capable of astral projection as far back as the Silver Age. He shouldn't need a helmet to block telepathy the same way Storm's mind is naturally resistant to telepathy. Characters with indomitable wills like Magneto and Storm shouldn't require anything extra.

Astonishing Member

It makes sense to me because why wouldn't Magneto have a helmet to shield himself from telepathy when his number one enemy/frenemy/ideological opponent is the world's most powerful telepath?

I don't think Magneto having a helmet that now blocks telepathy negates that he can actively block psychic attacks on his own. It's not an either/or situation. Besides, it could easily be explained that he just created the special helmet later. Logically, of course Magneto would want to use it. Using it is a passive defense. Without it he'd have to be constantly alert and actively fight psychic attacks off.

Extraordinary Member

Given his history as Xavier's best friend, of course a man as intelligent as Magneto is supposed to be would have a helmet that blocks telepathy. He'd be stupid not to, as Xavier practically lobotomized him during Fatal Attractions years before the first movie.

Sure - because unless you want to limit Prof X's abilities, he'd just be able to mentally shut him down and the story would be over .... although I guess there were plenty of other bad guys that Charles didn't just shut down .... even though he clearly could have .....??