Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Which X-Men character would be a good fit for The Spider-verse?

The title says it all. To me, Captain Britain(Betsy), Captain Avalon(Brian), Nightcrawler, Beast, Rachel Summers, and The Morlocks..

Spidey's already teamed up with Wolverine and Deadpool in recent years. Time for Marvel to spread the net. The X-Characters are segregated from the world of Spider-Man for too long. A good starting point is to bring back Billy Braddock, who can become the bridge between The world of Captain Britain and The Spider-verse. Especially with Billy Braddock as a member of Excalubur and Kaine Parker a member of X-Force. Do you agree?

Glob herman

Iceman and Firestar, of course! Spider-man's Amazing Friends!

Honestly though, you actually have a decent idea with Captain Britain, Brian has both history with Spider-man and has done lots of alternate reality stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Iceman and Firestar, of course! Spider-man's Amazing Friends!

Honestly though, you actually have a decent idea with Captain Britain, Brian has both history with Spider-man and has done lots of alternate reality stuff.
    Agreed. What I also want to see is for Betsy Braddock to work alongside Spider-Man as well. Especially against Mephisto and The Inheritors respectively..

As far as Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, it should had expanded to include The Beast and Tigra as well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-10-2024 at 09:51 AM.

I always thought that Spidey and Beast had decent chemistry. They aren't without their similarities as characters.

I can't remember many memorable team ups, but they did meet in a really good issue of Adjectiveless in the 90s, shortly after Todd McFarlane left. Erik Larsen drew it, if I remember correctly.

Nightcrawler, I really enjoyed the recent Uncanny Spider-man title. Hopefully, Kurt will be on call for any future "Spiderverse" events.

Emma Frost also had hilarious chemistry with Peter when they teamed up back in X-Men against the Lizard and Dark Beast.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I always thought that Spidey and Beast had decent chemistry. They aren't without their similarities as characters.

I can't remember many memorable team ups, but they did meet in a really good issue of Adjectiveless in the 90s, shortly after Todd McFarlane left. Erik Larsen drew it, if I remember correctly.
    yeah Peter went to Beast asking if his baby will be a mutant
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Firestar and Iceman.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Why would Kaine join X-Force? Kaine wouldnt fight proactively against threats to Mutants
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Why would Kaine join X-Force? Kaine wouldnt fight proactively against threats to Mutants
    Kaine is not being used by the Spider-Office at the moment. Especially since they decided to make Miles Morales a permanent character to Earth-616(Which doesn't make any sense as her should be in his own universe). The Spider-Office should loan out Kaine to the X-Office, as well as return his "The Other" powers. As a member of X-Force, Kaine would be a better fit with the team. Especially with Kwannon, Shatterstar, Logan, and Mystique as his teammates...

The problem with the X-Books these days is everything to so exclusive to Mutants. The series is too segregated from the Marvel Universe. The series should expand to include non-Mutants, like The Leader, Parnival Plunder, and Doc Ock...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-11-2024 at 01:23 AM.

I'd like to see an encounter between Spider-Man and Magneto.

Magneto is probably the top-tier Marvel villain not to have a major encounter with Spider-Man.
    Dr Doom was in the fifth issue of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Thanos fought Spider-Man, the Thing, Warlock and the Avengers in a classic Jim Starlin crossover.
    Loki's debt to Spidey had payoff at the end of Slott's run of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Kaine is not being used by the Spider-Office at the moment. Especially since they decided to make Miles Morales a permanent character to Earth-616(Which doesn't make any sense as her should be in his own universe). The Spider-Office should loan out Kaine to the X-Office, as well as return his "The Other" powers. As a member of X-Force, Kaine would be a better fit with the team. Especially with Kwannon, Shatterstar, Logan, and Mystique as his teammates...

The problem with the X-Books these days is everything to so exclusive to Mutants. The series is too segregated from the Marvel Universe. The series should expand to include non-Mutants, like The Leader, Parnival Plunder, and Doc Ock...
    If anything Kaine shold go back to the New Warriors and tie up the loose ends there and reunite with Aracely. After that, go back to Houston. He had a supporting cast and relationships. No need to reinevent the wheel with a new team, at least until his loose threads are tied up.

As far as Spidey himeslf, editorial needs to get his sh*t together in his own series before farming him out to any of the X-teams.

Lastly, with the X-books relaunching "From the Ashes" and forced to live amongst humanity once again, you may see some of those other characters before long...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'd like to see an encounter between Spider-Man and Magneto.

Magneto is probably the top-tier Marvel villain not to have a major encounter with Spider-Man.
    Dr Doom was in the fifth issue of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Thanos fought Spider-Man, the Thing, Warlock and the Avengers in a classic Jim Starlin crossover.
    Loki's debt to Spidey had payoff at the end of Slott's run of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Spidey battled Magneto when he had his cosmic powers, Magneto thought the cosmic powers were the result of a mutation and that Spidey was a mutant.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Cipher and Warlock.
    Evangeline Whedon
    Multiple Man.