Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's a pity all forum content was lost. Anyway. Here are some of my latest purchases:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7998cd64.jpg

I'm happy because Astonishing x-men omnibus and all Starmen omnibuses was sold by one of the Russian comics collectors only for ~230 dollars. Great deal.

Btw, Daytripper deluxe is great. And I liked Aama too, can't wait until the second hardcover release!
    Ha you went with that great deal. Good on ya! Looking forward to that Over Easy HC. Supposed to be pretty good. Have you read it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's a pity all forum content was lost. Anyway. Here are some of my latest purchases:

I'm happy because Astonishing x-men omnibus and all Starmen omnibuses was sold by one of the Russian comics collectors only for ~230 dollars. Great deal.

Btw, Daytripper deluxe is great. And I liked Aama too, can't wait until the second hardcover release!
    that's a great deal, an awesome price for those books! i want astonishing x-men badly.

i also enjoyed aama quite a bit. i just saw volume two pop up on amazon, i think a october or november release.
    formerly 'weeks'

My haul this week (of which the 4 on the left are in Dutch)....

I got the first volume of the second cycle of The Third Testament, of which the first cycle will be published later this year by Titan Comics. Also got Elric, another title that will be published by Titan Comics in September/October. Check out some preview pages with stunning artwork here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21452 Also got the start of the new cycle of Copra (yeah not hardcover...) And finally I got that Eros Gone Wild book and I can tell you it's smoking hot inside that book. Mature readers only!

Fantastic Member

@MartinNL

Oh, I really want this Eros Gone Wild book. How about stories? Are they good?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    that's a great deal, an awesome price for those books! i want astonishing x-men badly.

i also enjoyed aama quite a bit. i just saw volume two pop up on amazon, i think a october or november release.
    Wow, such a good news!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Ha you went with that great deal. Good on ya! Looking forward to that Over Easy HC. Supposed to be pretty good. Have you read it yet?
    Nope, haven't. I'm reading Astonishing X-Men now

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    FCBD haul:

Only thing I grabbed was the Archaia HC for my kid. The rest of the books were 40% off US cover price, which was really nice. I didn't get there until after work so I missed out on getting the copy of Before the Incal. And I should have waited on the Metabarons Genesis: Castaka, cause that was 40% off too. Ah well. Sometimes I'm too impatient.

Could you post some pics of inside Mouse Guard and Mesmo Delivery? I wanted both of those today, but both stores I went to were out of Mouse Guard and had not even gotten Mesmo. Is Mouse Guard worth $5?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Could you post some pics of inside Mouse Guard and Mesmo Delivery? I wanted both of those today, but both stores I went to were out of Mouse Guard and had not even gotten Mesmo. Is Mouse Guard worth $5?
    It depends. I personally wouldn't pay $5 for something that was free, but... if you have to have it, there could be worse things to spend $5 on. I haven't read it yet, but some of the art is very nice inside. The binding is tight, but it loosens up and it's actually kind of a nice book for being free.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

I never knew Mesmo was in HC. I have the original issue, or whatever you would call it, with a sketch by Grampa. Probably haven't thought about it since it came out. I
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

I ended up getting this book thanks to these pictures. My, oh my, what a gorgeous book! Amazing art and a fun story. It's a short story but definitely a book I'll read again just to look at the art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I ended up getting this book thanks to these pictures. My, oh my, what a gorgeous book! Amazing art and a fun story. It's a short story but definitely a book I'll read again just to look at the art.
    Yeah that was fun, wasn't it? I read it in the car while my kid slept and as soon as I was done, I was all, "WTF was that?" Then I read it again. I wish I were longer. Very nice presentation.

Fantastic Member

Hmmm, they both look great. Think im gonna go for it. Thanks for the pictures!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I never knew Mesmo was in HC. I have the original issue, or whatever you would call it, with a sketch by Grampa. Probably haven't thought about it since it came out. I
    Apparently it's a second edition, according to my copy. I guess it's been in HC before? At any rate, Mesmo looks like quite a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Hmmm, they both look great. Think im gonna go for it. Thanks for the pictures!
    No problem. Anything I can do to make other people spend money, haha.