Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Xavier is a strawberry blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's Dr Doom.
    I should have guessed...Even as young lad Xavier never got that awesome hairs. still is odd how those eybrows at some point were quite popular for smart type guys. I mean come on, they are crazy brows.

BANNED

Guess it's rare, but it happens. Angel had them too.

I am on the last ten issues +annual of UXM omni. It has been a fun ride and I believe I shall finish it by Wednesday.

Can't wait to read the next omni.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

hoy DDD I wanted to ask...your avatar is Xavier or Doom...Eyebrows say Chuck Xavier but the feathery wild hair yell Young Doom - I need ot know!!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-12-2015 at 02:00 PM.

On an unrelated note, I've been watching Full Metal Panic! (Currently on the second series Full Metal Panic? Fomuffu) and I swear that Souske is an opposite gender expy for X-23.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    On an unrelated note, I've been watching Full Metal Panic! (Currently on the second series Full Metal Panic? Fomuffu) and I swear that Souske is an opposite gender expy for X-23.
    On another unralet note, Injust read convergence batgirl, and cassie cain is friggin x 23 with a batman costume. Wich one was first?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    On another unralet note, Injust read convergence batgirl, and cassie cain is friggin x 23 with a batman costume. Wich one was first?
    The first light novel for for Full Metal Panic! was published in 1998, Cassandra Cain first appeared in print in 1999. Convergence is more recent than that.

Which means Souske Sagara predates Laura. Even more weird, he has a sadistic and obsessed tormentor that might make a good opposite gender expy for Kimura.

Although he never had a 'jerkass-with-a-heart-of-gold' love interest. Being an anime character, he gets a love triangle between a tsundere and a nice-girl-who-will-finish-last.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-13-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The first light novel for for Full Metal Panic! was published in 1998, Cassandra Cain first appeared in print in 1999. Convergence is more recent than that.

Which means Souske Sagara predates Laura. Even more weird, he has a sadistic and obsessed tormentor that might make a good opposite gender expy for Kimura.

Although he never had a 'jerkass-with-a-heart-of-gold' love interest. Being an anime character, he gets a love triangle between a tsundere and a nice-girl-who-will-finish-last.
    I have never been more glad to have FMP! novels than now. I can totally see it. Now who'd be Mao and Weber?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I have never been more glad to have FMP! novels than now. I can totally see it. Now who'd be Mao and Weber?
    Rogue and Gambit.

And it just occurred to me that in an anime love triangle, (1 guy and 2 girls type) the tsundere wins over the nice girl every single time that I have seen.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-13-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Jonah Weiland just sold CBR to some company called ValNet that collects pop-culture websites. I know this isn't X-MEN related directly, or Complex related directly, but I'm afraid that things might change around here. Jonah is a comic book dude, and ValNet is a bunch of execs who collect pop-culture sites for a profitable portfolio. It's been pleasant here, with fans treated fairly, and allowed to voice polite protest, witness this thread. Just a heads-up that all this might change. Apparently ValNet is going to take over the CBR Los Angeles offices soon. But CBR editorial will remain in place. But this website is going to change.

Edited to add: Looks around and blinks. I posted this in the "Complex" thread, LOL! I think the mods moved me. This might be my first post in the new X-Cresence.

Anyway, I'll miss Jonah's leadership.
    Last edited by Rivka; 04-04-2016 at 05:26 PM.

BANNED

The complex is doing pretty good in practically every comment section on other pop culture sites.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    The complex is doing pretty good in practically every comment section on other pop culture sites.
    Are there other discussions on different websites about the fate of the X-MEN franchise? I didn't know that.

Edited to add: I did some research. Seriously, if you know of other forums where people are congregating to discuss the X-MEN, let us know. Screen Rant was founded, like CBR, for fans to discuss film and tv, and once Valnet took over, the forums disappeared. No more forums. No more CBR like we see it now. There will be comments sections--very large print, very controlled--that scrolls alongside articles. The articles will be not much more than what Marvel, DC, Image, etc. want people to read. I am really concerned for independent publishers, too, like AfterShock and the new Valiant. Some are saying that ScreenRant changed quickly.

I don't think we'll get a warning if the forums are going to be disappeared, so--not to be an alarmist--but I'd recommend saving any posts you want, or private messages and mail, now.

The X-MEN are particularly screwed. If we lose X-Position, for example. CBR has been Marvel-friendly and X-Men-friendly. Valnet might publish an article or two about the fate of the X-Men, but there will be no ongoing coverage if Marvel doesn't want it. I hope none of this happens, but you-all need to be alert.

So if there are other forums out there that are alive (I found several that hadn't had any new posts since 2005 and 2006), please share!
    Last edited by Rivka; 04-04-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Are there other discussions on different websites about the fate of the X-MEN franchise? I didn't know that.

Edited to add: I did some research. Seriously, if you know of other forums where people are congregating to discuss the X-MEN, let us know. Screen Rant was founded, like CBR, for fans to discuss film and tv, and once Valnet took over, the forums disappeared. No more forums. No more CBR like we see it now. There will be comments sections--very large print, very controlled--that scrolls alongside articles. The articles will be not much more than what Marvel, DC, Image, etc. want people to read. I am really concerned for independent publishers, too, like AfterShock and the new Valiant. Some are saying that ScreenRant changed quickly.

I don't think we'll get a warning if the forums are going to be disappeared, so--not to be an alarmist--but I'd recommend saving any posts you want, or private messages and mail, now.

The X-MEN are particularly screwed. If we lose X-Position, for example. CBR has been Marvel-friendly and X-Men-friendly. Valnet might publish an article or two about the fate of the X-Men, but there will be no ongoing coverage if Marvel doesn't want it. I hope none of this happens, but you-all need to be alert.

So if there are other forums out there that are alive (I found several that hadn't had any new posts since 2005 and 2006), please share!
    After the change in policies resulted in a clamp down on different elements of free speech, a lot of former members of the CBR X-Boards left to form their own board. It's certainly a different environment. A very satirical, cynical fun bunch of people who enjoy sharing a drink over the demise over Marvel's merry mutants, while also chatting about other comic and pop-culture related topics. Especially divas.

PM me and I'll send you the URL.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    After the change in policies resulted in a clamp down on different elements of free speech, a lot of former members of the CBR X-Boards left to form their own board. It's certainly a different environment. A very satirical, cynical fun bunch of people who enjoy sharing a drink over the demise over Marvel's merry mutants, while also chatting about other comic and pop-culture related topics. Especially divas.

PM me and I'll send you the URL.
    Send me please!!