Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #36 Preview

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/won...m_term=4ldqpia

I guess there are pages between WW kicking ST and the rest.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This looks great. Finch's art has been taken up a notch from his Justice League of America and Forever Evil days. His Wonder Woman in Justice League of America wasn't very impressive but I like this quite a bit. Any thoughts on who the villain could be being that he can apparently control water/the weather? It's supposedly one of her old rogues reimagined for the New 52.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Interesting that Hippolyta is shown in what seems to be "full statue" mode--not only stone, but unanimated. I wonder if she "froze up" again after the war (in the process, returning to the pose she was in before) or is those panels are set before she was reanimated.

BANNED

hahaha what vegetative injustice? the dialogue is pretty bad in the page.

art is pretty standart.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    hahaha what vegetative injustice? the dialogue is pretty bad in the page.

art is pretty standart.

Wonder Woman is speaking to Swamp Thing in a language he understands. What's so bad about that?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wonder Woman is speaking to Swamp Thing in a language he understands. What's so bad about that?
    what? so all characters that speak to swamp thing has to have a awful dialogue about vegetables?

time to get a pitch for DC

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really enjoyed the preview, hopefully Meredith delivers a great Wonder Woman book for us all.

what? so all characters that speak to swamp thing has to have a awful dialogue about vegetables?

Do you have to complain about every little thing? Jeez.

BANNED

I thought the forums were free to give my opinion

BANNED

Not only is the dialogue to Swamp Thing really silly, i also don't buy into Wonder Woman having "attack first, ask later" attitude.

That's a lovely opening.

"Vegetative Injustice"

I'm out.

Astonishing Member

I think that's a pretty harsh judgment of the book based on just a little bit of dialogue.

But I do agree that "vegetative injustice" is an odd-sounding and forced phrase--partly because, as worded, it sounds like it should mean not "injustice against vegetables" but "injustice delivered in a vegetative manner," the way "bestial brutality" would mean brutality in the manner of a brute.

So true vegetative injustice it would be, I guess, a slow-moving, passive sort of injustice: "'I and my Vegetative Injustice League will strip you of everything you hold dear, as soon as we get around to it--but first, a nap!,' cackled Dr. Bureuacracy, making as if to twirl his mustache, but then not bothering, because it would have taken too much energy."
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-17-2014 at 08:24 AM.

"Vegetative Injustice"- LOL

I'll give this issue a try. I haven't read much Nu52 WW
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    "Vegetative Injustice"

I'm out.
    I know right? Back off Wondy. Plants gots feelings too.... apparently. <waves goodbye>

C'mon ladies. Its ONE line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    C'mon ladies. Its ONE line.
    To be fair, I also don't like the art (Specifically Diana constant pouty baby face and her mother looking like a thirteen years old, or that broken back + tumor-knee she's sporting on the cover).

Beyond that, I just need to read these pages to have my fears for Meredith Finch's writing confirmed: a generally bland, unharmful style that can fall into dips of stupidity ("vegetative injustice" god), and attempted poetry (oh a monologue about the rain, how poetic).
    Typical "first time/unexperienced writer's writing. It would be perfectly acceptable on a lower key book.
    Not on Wonder Woman. Not after Brian "Need I remind you I won an Eisner" Azzarello.