Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Thought you might like to see video of a great comics deal being unboxed with a free CGC comic and another free graded comic by a company that's no longer with us

Part one of this video can be found on YouTube under the channel name Payneys Comics

Payney is a person I met at a convention in London this year and he contributes a lot to the comic community but does not get a lot of hits on his unboxing videos, so I thought I'd give him a hand and link this here and see if one or two extra people look at his channel. It's very on topic though as he bought well over £250 (about $400) of comics for less than £69 (about $100) using Loyalty Points, and a discount codeword. All the info is in the video...

Enjoy !
    Last edited by PayneyRocks; 02-20-2016 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Wrong link in the first post

speedyhen coupons! Donno for how long they'll work:
    spend over £50 enter LOYAL50 and you will receive a £5 discount off your order
    spend over £100 enter LOYAL100 and you will receive a £10 discount off your order.

Rakuten also have a 10% code FEB10, works until the 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    spend over £100 enter LOYAL100 and you will receive a £10 discount off your order.

Sweet!

Just put in a Speedyhen order.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

And so begins many evenings of what I like to call "Shopping cart tetris" where I chop and change books to get as close to the cut off point as possible to maximise the perceived value of these coupons.

Why couldn't speedyhen of just done a flat 10% code?

Not that any of this fuss will prevent me from using these codes.

www.judgedredd.net Jonnie SoHCaHToA's Avatar

I've got a large collection of 2000AD comics from issue 1 upwards for sale. Will always give a good deal.

You can message me via my facebook group at http://www.judgedredd.net

J

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon.co.uk have been having some "Last Minute Deals". There are a few at the moment, some pretty good such as Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol. 1 going for £35.42

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Mast...L5A1OLE&sr=8-1

I managed to ask my brother to put in an order of the Blackest Night Omnibus for £51 to arrive at his UK address. As soon as he'd let me know, it went straight back up to £120. Definitely need to be vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.co.uk have been having some "Last Minute Deals". There are a few at the moment, some pretty good such as Marvel Masters of Suspense: Stan Lee & Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol. 1 going for £35.42

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Mast...L5A1OLE&sr=8-1

I managed to ask my brother to put in an order of the Blackest Night Omnibus for £51 to arrive at his UK address. As soon as he'd let me know, it went straight back up to £120. Definitely need to be vigilant.
    Might be a dumb question, but how do you spot those? Is there like a page with Last Minute Deals for books? I can see deals for books but no graphic novels.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Might be a dumb question, but how do you spot those? Is there like a page with Last Minute Deals for books? I can see deals for books but no graphic novels.
    Not a dumb question. Luck of the draw really. I had Blackest Night in my cart saved for later and spotted it. I've tried filtering their Last Minute Deals but no joy regarding comics & graphic novels. I now regularly check Omnibuses overall. They seem to he adding new stuff every day. If there's something you want put it in your cart and/or check it each day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Finally worked out how to spot these without randomly trawling Amazon; click on the 'last minute crhistmas deals' link at the top of the home page, then tick 'books' on left hand column, then one of the results is '£3.11 - £165.08 Great Savings on a Selection of Books', narrow it down to books, and then narrow it further to Comics and Graphic Novels.

You can see Hulk by Loeb & McGuinness Omnibus is £33 at the moment and the deluxe Wicked and Divine 1 and 2 are a decent price (£22 and £20 respectively), some other decent deals like Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus £38 and X-men Eve of Destruction OHC £44.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I just bought some books off this seller on Ebay (I have before as well) and he's a great seller. The books I just got were MINT! I couldn't believe it. He said they were in great condition, but these books are seriously outstanding. Looks like they haven't been read and just came off the printing floor.

No, I am not the seller, but I would highly recommend him. I know some of you guys have been searching for these Judge Dredd Deluxe Editions and he has all 18 except for #13 & 14:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Judge-Dredd-...8AAOSwtZVZrJYp

I'm not a Judge Dredd fan, otherwise I would jump on these myself. He also has a lot of other cool oversized books and HC's that you might be interested in.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazon.de glitch: "Universal War One" HC (288 pages, RRP $34) is only €6.99:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/1782762388/...395811_TE_dp_1

My copy just shipped.

Mine too

All Pat Mills Charley's War Titan Book Hardcover are at bargain price (£4.99) at forbidden planet.com, even the softcover omnibus!
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=charley%27s+war
    Last edited by vark; 09-23-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Thank you SO much! These have been on my wishlist for so long and I just can't pass this up haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”