Page 697 of 702 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 10518

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Lady Shiva and Harley are extremely different characters, so I don’t really think Shiva could easily be slotted into what they’re doing here. Shiva playing psychiatrist isn’t something I’d think of her doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nothing about Lady Shiva is a therapist. Nor is she a henchmen to Joker.
    I can kind of see her targeting and assassinating the corrupt wealthy though.

I guess it might also be a sign that they aren't in a rush to do Joker, even if they just wanted a solo Harley.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    This is stupid and racist. They have literally nothing in common with each other. Asian people are not interchangeable- so they changed Harley's race, that doesn't mean she isn't Harley. "Why not make her [insert asian woman]" is just a gross ass question nbs
    I'd just rather see them use an actual Asian character instead of race-bending. It's not like they aren't also changing up Harley's characterization to boot.

Besides Shiva deserves to be used more.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    lol lamo even

Attachment 139431

hope this the end of Harley Quinn and Ayer squad iteration
    End of the Ayer movie influence on the Suicide Squad? Absolutely. End of Harley? Not a chance. The character is about to have a giant resurgence thanks to the Joker sequel.

lol lamo even

Attachment 139431

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

lol lamo even

Attachment 139431

If we get more Suicide Squad stories hopefully we no longer get the terrible "Anti Justice League Contingency" set-up for the Squad. Let this be the end of their attempted push as cape-killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    End of the Ayer movie influence on the Suicide Squad? Absolutely. End of Harley? Not a chance. The character is about to have a giant resurgence thanks to the Joker sequel.
    Its funny think that after years of pivoting Harley as a solo character and emphasizing her relationship with Ivy, Harley's most successful movie headliner might be in a romance story with Joker.

The movie is definitely going to cause a massive rebirth to the Joker/Harley pairing.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 05-09-2024 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its funny think that after years of pivoting Harley as a solo character and emphasizing her relationship with Ivy, Harley's most successful movie headliner might be in a romance story with Joker.

The movie is definitely going to cause a massive rebirth to the Joker/Harley pairing.
    Which makes it even funnier that they're trying to spin a solo Harley in Caped Crusader.

"Harley has never done anything wrong" stans when the new Joker movie leads to an avalanche of books of her and Joker blowing up children's orphanages.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t know why anyone would assume anything would be the “end” of Harley. She’s still better known than like 90 percent of DC’s back bench.

Very exciting tbh.

I'm overall looking forward to this but I just wish Robin and Batgirl could be in it.
    Do you really want Batgirl in a Bruce Timm show?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Considering Babs is probably going to be an adult in this...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering Babs is probably going to be an adult in this...
    Why would she ? It’s year one

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would she ? It’s year one
    So Bruce can bang her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can kind of see her targeting and assassinating the corrupt wealthy though.

I guess it might also be a sign that they aren't in a rush to do Joker, even if they just wanted a solo Harley.

I'd just rather see them use an actual Asian character instead of race-bending. It's not like they aren't also changing up Harley's characterization to boot.

Besides Shiva deserves to be used more.
    Why double down? You can want them to elevate actual asian characters without treating them as interchangeable. I personally agree with that sentiment around race bending because I think if someone is attached to a character in media they should be able to find more media with that same character, and so if an Asian Harley only exists in this show, fans of that version won't be able to find her in comics. But the question you posed was racist because it's not like both things can't happen ideally. Wanting them to elevate someone like Shiva is reasonable- asking why they didn't use her instead of Asian Harley is a ridiculous thing to say. Please do better because you may see it as moot but your words can leave so much impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yikes, good point.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Why double down? You can want them to elevate actual asian characters without treating them as interchangeable. I personally agree with that sentiment around race bending because I think if someone is attached to a character in media they should be able to find more media with that same character, and so if an Asian Harley only exists in this show, fans of that version won't be able to find her in comics. But the question you posed was racist because it's not like both things can't happen ideally. Wanting them to elevate someone like Shiva is reasonable- asking why they didn't use her instead of Asian Harley is a ridiculous thing to say. Please do better because you may see it as moot but your words can leave so much impact.
    To be honest I don't expect this take on Harley to catch on because I feel like it's attempt to do something different is missing some of why the character appeals to people in the process from a design and characterization standpoint.

But, again, I'm someone who prefers elevating characters of color instead of trying to race-bend other characters to promote more diversity, so I'm probably biased.

Though it kind of funny talking about Asian Harley when she's the main character of the Suicide Squad anime:

Yikes, good point.
    Yeah. I presume it was a matter of using Harley and then deciding they wanted an Asian woman in the show rather than the reverse.