Amazing Member

Default Would You Watch A Post-Apocalyptic TV Show Set In the Marvel Universe?

I was just thinking how cool it would be to have The Walking Dead and The Marvel Universe smooshed together for some weekly programming. I mean, they could use Ultron as the catalyst with a bunch of human looking robots against some of our favorite depowered heroes (gotta watch that budget, right?)...who would you like to see as our initial cast of Marvel Heroes and/or villains? Peter Parker is a must for me. And this could be set in an alternate reality so you wouldn't know WHO was safe. Any ideas?

You could use the cast of Age Of Ultron #1, Apocalypse plus 7 days. That crew would suffice.

Amazing Member

Yeah, it would. I love Brian Michael Bendis. I was also thinking of how much BETTER this would be than The Walking Dead because of the potential human enemies you could have...maybe Hulk never depowered like everyone else and he could be main baddie for a season or two. Maybe Maestro even. Or Iron Maniac. I think this has A LOT of potential.

You'd have to have an imperative, and a reason to do this. Why are the heroes being put into this position? You have destroyed all the Earths systems, and you've left the heroes wandering and surviving, so what is the point? Are they going to be able to return the Earth to its pristine condition after this?

Amazing Member

What's the point of The Walking Dead? Survival. Not to mention these heroes wanting to prove they can save the Earth from Ultron's thrall with or without their powers. Or maybe they just wanna whup his butt so that maybe they can use his machines that are currently running the planet to get their powers back.

That's such a specific idea but why not. Incorporate some Old Man Logan elements in it, too.

BANNED

I'd be ALL OVER this. It'd be a bit tricky to do it, as the parallel universe might confuse some, but I'd love it.

Might even be brighter and more cheerful than the current Marvel universe . . .

Perhaps if it was something like Old Man Logan, I could see it happening. I think it would really depend on the characters though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

If the X Men show could have a spinoff like that...

A TV show with Marvel metahumans set in a post-apocalyptic future is basically the dream of Mojo. Just read almost any Marvel story with him as the villain.

Wait, which apocalypsis are we talking about ?.

Invincible Member

I'd actually rather see them adapt some of their characters that sort of fit that model...Luther Manning Dethlok, Killraven, etc

It might be cool...let's not forget the original Killraven/ War of the Worlds material as well...I think it would work great with some updating.

On a non-marvel note does anyone recall The Last American? what a great series that was..

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'd watch as long as it is NOT Marvel Zombies and not so bleak.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy