Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
I never understand these complaints about "Where is this going? What's the point? What is this books direction?"

I mean, I understand that a casual reader may get confused because this book follows multiple characters' individual arcs but.... that's life.
Life doesn't have a clear direction. This is a wonderful exploration of various personalities as they navigate these figurative and literal life altering metamorphoses.
Thank you, yes. I feel the same way. The "I don't get where this is going" or "what's the point?" type of complaint crops up so often on message boards in relation to so many books and it's always maddening to me. If I'm reading and enjoying a book it's because I like the characters, their interactions, and I want to know what happens next. That's what keeps me reading Inhumans. I don't know what Soule's end game is and I don't need to. And I have to say I thought it was a fairly big character moment at the end between Medusa and Black Bolt where he tries to reclaim his throne, Medusa vents her anger at his abandonment of his people and Black Bolt leaves her to rule alone. That's a big development in that there was no reconciliation between the two and Medusa stood up to Black Bolt rather than acquiesce to him and allow him to return unchallenged.