Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

-Fear Itself was not a bad event
    -Deadpool is overrated
    -Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan is just as good as the run by Rick Remender
    -Sam Alexander Nova is just as good as Richard Rider
    -Captain America being turned into a Hydra agent was one of the best turns for the character in a long time
    -Uncanny X-Men by Cullen Bunn was the best X-Men series
    -Steve Ditko's original Spider-Man art was pretty stiff. Like his figures were super awkward.
    -Spider Island was a good event
    -J. Michael Straczynski's run on Spider-Man was pretty good

Incredible Member

I feel that it it depends on what you read comics for.Some people really like their sexy characters of either gender.
    Last edited by Baseman; 08-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan620 View Post
    -Deadpool is overrated
    -Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan is just as good as the run by Rick Remender
    Agreed about Deadpool

I personally think Gerry Duggan's run has been better than Remender's.

While I enjoy seeing Doctor Doom square off with the Fantastic Four as a whole I’d really like to see more delving into his personal problems with Mr. Fantastic and Mephisto.

Sandman should never have gone back to being a villain.

X-fan base really needs to let go of their grudge against Wanda, seriously people the woman has been through enough already and done pretty much everything including to being stabbed in the back by Rogue as penance, LET IT GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    X-fan base really needs to let go of their grudge against Wanda, seriously people the woman has been through enough already and done pretty much everything including to being stabbed in the back by Rogue as penance, LET IT GO!!!
    What makes you think that this grudge still goes on? I had the impression that it smoothed down.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I would agree with that. They seem to love Magneto, Apocalypse and Namor... who are directly responsible for a lot more death than Wanda ever was... and they were making sane choices. Wanda was a broken shell when she screwed up.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

We must be active in very different circles because I see so many Wanda stans defending every single thing she does across the board.

I'll never understand people who say they like comic Hawkeye yet bash MCU Tony for being sexist, insensitive jackass. Comic Hawkeye is that up to eleven.

X-Men (Marvel mutants in general) always felt so different to me than the rest of the Marvel Universe that at some point (maybe under Morrison or as a result of House of M) they should have existed on their own earth.

Even with 1970s Claremont and with some mutants crossing over into other comics like Ice Man, Angel, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Beast, and Wolverine, the mutants always felt like they were from a different editor/publisher.

From the 1960s until the 1990s, I guess the rest of the heroes were on vacation when the Sentinels attacked.

Once Uncanny started spinning off their own titles (New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Men, etc.) and had their own crossovers, and eventually an entire country with millions of mutants, the writing was on the wall that it would have been simpler and more realistic for them to live in their own world.

Stan and Jack's X-Men felt part of the original MU but after they left- not so much.

The Hulk and The Thing's kids are going to be the most interesting.

I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't think she's been wrecked at all tbh, just victim to bad writing which happens to all characters at some point. The X-Men is my franchise of choice but I love Wanda, and it's true that a lot of the fans who can't let Decimation go look incredibly hypocritical when the X-Men have taken in the likes of Wolverine, Emma Frost, Namor, Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Exodus, Frenzy, etc.
    I guess their evil is somehow ok?

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason.
    I never got the love for her character

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I never got the hate for her character. She’s been written poorly before but who hasn’t? I like that she introduced the concept of a young female POV X-Men character.