Thread: In Memoriam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Steve Albini

RIP

Extraordinary Member

This one won't mean much to most here, but he was my local ET reporter for many years, and he was a nice guy who still said when he didn't like something. RIP to Sam Rubin, the Entertainment reporter of Los Angeles station KTLA, there for decades. He knew just about everybody in Hollywood and the music business, and they knew and liked him. Damn. Of a heart attack, in his home, at 64.

Extraordinary Member

Sam Rubin's trending no. 1 at times; he'd like that! A lot more people were upset by this than I thought. But if you'd watched him, you'd know why.

For me, and for many local viewers, it's like losing a friend.

Again, RIP to Sam Rubin.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-10-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Roger Corman, who died at 98, the producer of small-time horror and other movies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP Roger Corman, who died at 98, the producer of small-time horror and other movies.
    Just found out about his passing. RIP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    He was one of the most important and influential people in Hollywood. That is not an exaggeration.

RIP.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

He made a load of crap during his career, but when he had the resources, Roger Corman could give you a fine movie to see. Those AIP Poe-inspired films of the '60s are a testament to that and will always have a fond place in my heart.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He was one of the most important and influential people in Hollywood. That is not an exaggeration.

RIP.
    Yeah, I read is Wikipedia bio last night when I heard he'd died. The directors he mentored are some of the best ever. We're talking Howard, Scorsese, and Coppala, just to name a few.

RIP
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think I have probably seen more Roger Corman movies than any other director/producer. RIP to a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, I read is Wikipedia bio last night when I heard he'd died. The directors he mentored are some of the best ever. We're talking Howard, Scorsese, and Coppala, just to name a few.

RIP

Not to mention casting a young Jack Nicholson in the original B/W movie Little Shop of Horrors and mentoring Robert Towne (Chintaown) . Towne appeared in two early Corman films; The Last Woman on Earth and the Creature from the Haunted Sea.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-12-2024 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

RIP
    Also, James Cameron and James Horner also both had time under Corman early in their careers.
    Dark does not mean deep.