View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm gonna file that Extremists cover under "Worst Northstar look ever", fam.
    Wow, really?

Have you seen:

?

I kinda like the X-tremist look, although I didn't know it was Northstar till someone pointed out the emblem.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Wow, really?

Have you seen:

?

I kinda like the X-tremist look, although I didn't know it was Northstar till someone pointed out the emblem.
    That's why I listed it as the worst.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Two-Gun Kid? How did he get on this list?
    Presumably due to the 2nd RAWHIDE KID miniseries--the one that had Rawhide team up with a group of other Western heroes--which had a line ambiguously implying that he might be gay. That's the only thing I can think of that's ever suggested he might be LGBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Presumably due to the 2nd RAWHIDE KID miniseries--the one that had Rawhide team up with a group of other Western heroes--which had a line ambiguously implying that he might be gay. That's the only thing I can think of that's ever suggested he might be LGBT.
    I'm not even sure MAX books are canon. Certainly, the Nick Fury book wasn't.

At any rate, Mallory Book, a partner of the Goodman, Lieber law firm, would be pretty upset if he turned out to be gay. I'm pretty sure they had a thing going.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

I'm not even sure MAX books are canon. Certainly, the Nick Fury book wasn't.
    Some are, some aren't. For example, ALIAS was a MAX book and it is most certainly canon.

The two RAWHIDE KID minis have been somewhat debatable since the portrayal has been so different from past portrayals of Johnny Bart. However, Marvel's position in interviews and such was that it was supposed to be in-continuity, and the events of the first RAWHIDE KID mini were acknowledged in one of the Official Handbooks.

At any rate, Mallory Book, a partner of the Goodman, Lieber law firm, would be pretty upset if he turned out to be gay. I'm pretty sure they had a thing going.
    Yep, they did. However that would not necessarily rule out the possibility of Two-Gun either being bisexual or closeted. But I don't truly think Two-Gun is meant to be getting retconned as gay or bi. The reference in question was ambiguous at best, and has never been referenced again.

Quote Originally Posted by Carri Dee View Post
    Mystique and Destiny's story was my favorite. The Bobby and Magneto story although cute was hardly believable.

Also, was anyone disturbed by Northstar's "shriveled" look on that one page?
    I didn't think he looked shriveled, I thought he looked skinned! And yes, it was in no way a good look. I have no idea why Marvel didn't just tap Williams to write the Northstar/Kyle short - or Grace or Tynion or literally anyone else who might have something to say about either character. I mean, yeah it's just two pages, but all it was was a POV story from Kyle that told us literally nothing about either character that hasn't already been done, despite the huge shift in their status quo. Bleh.

Anyway, mixed bag. Somnus' arrival didn't amount to much, but looks like there's more in store and the art was lovely. The Iceman story definitely was a highlight, and the Thinkfast story was neat. The Alpha Flight reprint was a waste of space; they'd already reprinted the danged thing twice over in Astonishing, and it was once too many. The Cooper interview was enough of a nod to history, I think. But mostly, it just felt more safe than celebratory.