Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midnighter #4 Preview: Grayson guest stars for sexy bromance fun time

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/exclusiv...n-midnighter-4

Steve Orlando knocks it out of the park again.

I hope Midnighter makes more appearances in Grayson and that Orlando uses Midnighter in Batman and Robin Eternal.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this issue. Can't wait to see the team up here it's going to be a blast.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

While I appreciated the action scenes from the previous artist on issues 1-3, I am really digging the art on this issue!

Also, can't get enough of the Grayson/Midnighter team-up's.

This should be a great issue!

Mooney's artwork looks really sharp here.

I'm loving this new friendship. I bet it's gonna be a great issue! Can't wait!

Wow. Did not think they would go in this direction with Vampires but it's a really great and interesting idea and I am thankful that Mooney's art has seemingly improved. I think I am finally over those expressions in Grayson Forever Evil.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

So, when Seeley and King take over Detective (just my wild speculation)...can we get Orlando on Grayson. Or really anything in addition for that matter

Another great issue by Orlando. The art was a bit inconsistent but it was decent through out. I hope the Grayson appearance gives this series a sales bump. He will be in the next issue as well. I'm loving their bromance the more I read it. It is fitting since Classic Dick had a bromance with Arsenal, but now he is running off with Jason Todd. I think this is a perfect combo and a smart move for both characters.

Great lines include...

"I already saw him. I just wanted to hear you scream my name."

"My abdominally gifted friend."

I'm snacking on this series SO HARD.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Always Rakzo

Liked it! There's a whole level of sexiness just as expected from both characters and the dynamic between the two was quite enjoyable.

Didn't like the art as much though, the presentation was fine enough but the storytelling not so much and the character models looked awkward at times.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Another great issue by Orlando. The art was a bit inconsistent but it was decent through out. I hope the Grayson appearance gives this series a sales bump. He will be in the next issue as well. I'm loving their bromance the more I read it. It is fitting since Classic Dick had a bromance with Arsenal, but now he is running off with Jason Todd. I think this is a perfect combo and a smart move for both characters.

Great lines include...

"I already saw him. I just wanted to hear you scream my name."

"My abdominally gifted friend."

I'm snacking on this series SO HARD.
    I love what a snarky troll Midnighter is.

Fantastic Member

This seems like a strong foundation to rebuild Wildstorm. Recreate the Authority as a spy/political team. Using Grayson, Midnighter, and anyone else who would fit. A team to protect the world from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I love what a snarky troll Midnighter is.
    So many CBR posters have to relate to that. More should be buying this book! lol

Such a great issue, probably my favorite so far. Stephen Mooney had been doing some great work on Grayson but his art here was even better. Loved the fighting-in-towels scene, of course.

The vampires plot was really original and Steve Orlando gets Midnighter's voice like no one but Warren Ellis does. His interactions with Dick (heh) are always priceless, can't get enough of those two!

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

This issue was great filled with action, story, and sexy. Thank you DC!

Another great issue! I loved the banter between Midnighter and Grayson. Some interesting story developments and fun action. Midnighter continues to deliver. I hope more people find this book. It's quickly become one of my favorites.