Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi all.... I figured I would do my introduction.

First of all I am a man of many interest, with a thirst for knowledge and fun. I am 45 married father of 3 who works in healthcare. I was rare occasion a comic book reader as a child growing-up. I was more in to sports and trading cards, but also had a "geek" side with sci fi and even some dungeons and dragons. I have always been a video game player. I have interest that have run from Harley riding, beer brewer, to WSOP poker player. Of late I have found a new passion ... that of comic books. I am loving what I am exploring and learning. The story lines and the art is so much better and mature than what I thought. Not just for kiddies, although i have introduced much to my 12 year old twins. I am currently reading mostly Batman items from collections volumes in hard cover and really liking easy of the digital format of comixology. I have also developed a fast liking to Dick Grayson, Nightwing and the new Grayson.

So of the issues I face that there are countless ways to continue in this hobby and obsession. The collector in me loves the physical comic, but the digital format is so convent. I guess I need to find my focus and expand from there. I look forward to exchanges with like minded comic readers. I am finding the character development and story lines are much better than I had envisioned. I may be an old man here but I promise you it is only in calendar years, not in spirit !!!!

Fell free to contact me

Hey, names Dean ( Shyster ). Love the forums here. I haven't read comics in a long time and I've recently been on a Deadpool kick. I have never read a book with him in it and so far I am hooked. The pursuit for back issues is crazy. I didn't think the demand was so high for Deadpool. Plus, it seems like every other issue has a variant, and of course me being a completionist has go to have them. On the other hand the variant money grab is also disappointing. It would be nice if Marvel toned down the variant releases. It kind of reminds me of the special covers/comics of the 90s. Not sure if theyre overly mass produced as the 90s though? It would be nice knowing that I have something special for the extra money. Anyways, glad I am here and enjoying the reignited excitement of comics.

PS: The artwork on covers for the past few years is amazing.
    Last edited by Shyster; 08-18-2014 at 08:32 AM.

R. Obscure

Hello! I'm Renee and I like strange things.
    I'm 26, married and sort of living inbtween countries right now. I started reading comics due to my love of all things Lovecraftian. I've read lots of Lovecraft inspired comics and wishlishting the ones I haven't had chance to get around to yet. I am also a big fan of The Sandman series. If it wasn't for The Sandman, I would have had an even rougher time getting through the worst part of my early twenties. I also read the occaisional 2000AD issue from my husband's giant collection.
    I am also interested in getting into Tank Girl and the work of Grant Morrison. My brother is urging me to read Alam Moore's work as well (lending a Volume of Swamp Thing to me).

Other hobbies include: Listening to music (my favourite genres are post punk, punk, darkwave, minimal, synthy stuff.),Einstürzende Neubauten being my favourite, artisan crafting, being outdoors in cold weather, learning how to use herbs for natural remedies,drinking lots of tea, and wanting to desperately start my own back garden vegetable patch. I am also returning to writing after a long 6 year hiatus of not writing much of anything.

Anyway, it's nice to be here around likeminded people!
    Last edited by R. Obscure; 08-18-2014 at 05:59 PM.

All-New Member

Hey there and hello. My name is Michelle and I've been here before under a similar handle (crazyred). Life got weird on me and took a hiatus but big surprise I got hit with this idea that I'm now wanting to shop around. So I'm back

Hey everybody, my name is Jay and i've been stalking the forums for a while now and finally decided to join up. I am an avid gamer and sports card/memorabilia collector, and have recently gotten back into comics after a decent hiatus. I look forward to chatting with you guys and gals as I continue to dive back into collecting!

PopCultureLeftoversPodcast

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Right now I'm reading a ton of Marvel and Image. I read a few DC titles. Batman and Flash mostly. Just added Teen Titans and Grayson to my pull list so hopefully I'll like those too. Marvel comics I read a ton, The Amazing Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Silver Surfer, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Storm, Starlord, Daredevil, that list goes on and on. I'm also a big fan of a ton of image stuff. Deadly Class, Black Science, Rat Queens, Alex + Ada, Saga... etc. Also reading Gail Simone's Red Sonja and loving it. I have like 50 titles on my pull list right now. Hope to be active on the site.

Welcome to you both, and it's good morning for me

I hope you enjoy your time here, and please don't be afraid to post!

TheAmazingGatorMan

Hi, I'm Matt from the USA. I'm 33, have a wonderful family and have recently become addicted to comic books. I'm attempting to read all of Marvel's 616 universe and am currently finishing up 1967, a little over 600 issues read. I'm an electrical engineer by day, and a high school sports referee by night.

All-New Member Barry Hollifield's Avatar

Hey everyone. I'm Barry. I've been reading comics off & on for about 40 years. I've been out of the comics loop for about a year now,and got the itch again after seeing Captain America : The Winter Soldier movie. I dig mostly Marvel's stuff and use to like DC's comics till the "New 52" started and then they lost me. Hope one day DC goes back to the way they were. Was blown away that Bendis shut down his message board. Even though I haven't posted there in awhile, I always enjoyed it. Anyways...hope to make some new friends on here.

Hello, my name is Howard, but I chose the SN Malvolio. I am a refugee from the Bendis boards, where I was known as usagi20. I buy about 5 new comics a week, and check out the 5 for $1 bin, as well. I've been a comic fan for almost 40 years now (wow!), and still find stuff to enjoy despite ill-advised notions like the new 52. Hope to make new friends here, and maybe even get in touch with old ones from the Bendis boards.

Breaker of Worlds longlivekingnick's Avatar

New guy. Name is Nick. From MD. 30 years young. Read comics since I was a little boy, but only started collecting again about 7 years ago.

Favorite Hero is Superman, sorry... call me old fashioned or plain, but my Dad and I watched the Reeves Superman movies about 100x a piece and I never grew out of them.

Also a really big fan of Green Lantern and Spider-man. I have nearly every green lantern comic since 1985. Spider-Man, much less so... stopped reading in the 90s, but picked it up again a few months before Superior started.

Hobbies: Comic read. Guitar (mostly death metal). I run a comic book webcast (like a podcast but with video and pictures). Power lifting. Beer drinking (in moderation).

I don't know how the mods play to people with podcast, if its treated like advertising to bring it up, but I have one. If you want to check it out our group page is facebook.com/thelegendscomicast and our youtube page with old videos and reviews is youtube.com/thelegendscomicast

Or just send me a message!

Hey all first time posting here I'm Brad 23 years old from Perth Australia I am currently studying to get into a career in some sort of I.T, my hobbies are sports, comics, gaming, working out and music. I have only started reading comics around a year ago and still have allot to learn I started reading them to my kids at night and before I knew it I was hooked. I read mainly DC and Marvel I am currently following the stories of Batman, Deadpool, Wolverine, Harley Quinn and Punisher just to name a few but venture into a bit of everything.

I stumbled across this Forum looking for information a few weeks ago and ended up staying so looks like you will be stuck with me for a while. I figured it best to introduce myself considering I'll have allot of questions to post in the future, and have always found I get a better reaction from people if I give a introduction rather than just posting. My grammar isn't the greatest and I have only recently learned how to use grammar and am still working on it so please take it easy on the grammar comments if I mess up.

Feel free to ask me questions on here you would like to know.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by WraizeM; 09-30-2014 at 07:58 AM.

All-New Member

Hello all. I am a 34 year old original Californian. My first experience with comics was just before I was a teen. I walked into a comic shop and started to look around. After a few minutes I found what would later turn into my obsession. It was Venom: Nights of Vengeance. That red chrome cover caught my eye and the Venom character caught my interest. This was a “hero” I could love. I wasn’t a huge collector or reader at the time, Marvel and DC just didn’t do much for me. Art is what drew me to comics, hence my love for Image. I loved the art. To this day Marc Silvestri is my favorite artist. The better art and dark content of Image and other independent comic publishers really got me into the comic scene. Now I love to collect and read anything that peaks my interest.

Personally I have a goal of obtaining all Venom, Venom related or Venom appearance comics. To help feed my collecting addiction, I have been buying and selling comic. All profits either get reinvested or adding to my collection. I recently just purchase a high graded Secret Wars #8.

I guess that is about it for now. I am sure I will chat will some of you in one of the forums.

Hi, I'm Jim... I'm from Ontario Canada... I like comic books, been a comic reader since I was about 6 or so... My favorite TV shows include Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Big Bang Theory... My favorite wrestler of all time is Sting... If there is anything you want to know, just feel free to ask...

My favorite comic books characters are Barbara Gordon (I hate her new costume), Spider-Man 2099, Dick Grayson (not a fan at all with Dick Grayson being a spy), Spider-Woman, Power Girl and Kate Bishop...

im Dana, 35 years old and new to CBR but have been reading comics since I was 16. The animated x-men series is how I got my start, now I read mostly x-men and avengers titles with the occasional Read of most other main stream super hero stuff. I'm a former Marine and currently a Firefighter. Never could get into the whole forum thing before so I thought I'd give it a try one more time.
    Last edited by d-CON; 10-15-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Misspell