View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1446 of 1446 FirstFirst ... 44694613461396143614421443144414451446
Results 21,676 to 21,690 of 21690
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    The DC Style Guide is getting a reprint! https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...tyle_guide_is/
    That's great but I don't remember even the first time it was printed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

THE TOP 20 MOST WANTED DC OMNIBUS/ABSOLUTE REPRINT POLL

#20 Red Hood and the Outlaws: The New 52 Omnibus Volume 1
    #19 Justice League: The Detroit League Omnibus
    #18 Absolute Daytripper
    #17 Absolute Batman: Dark Victory
    #16 The Authority Omnibus
    #15 Deadman Omnibus
    #14 Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 3
    #13 Wonder Woman by George Pérez Omnibus Volume 2
    #12 Deathstroke by Christopher Priest Omnibus
    #11 New Teen Titans Omnibus Volume 3
    #10 Absolute Batman: The Long Halloween
    #9 Wrath of Spectre Omnibus
    #8 Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths
    #7 New Teen Titans Omnibus Volume 2
    #6 Batman by Neal Adams Omnibus
    #5 Hawkman Omnibus
    #4 Nightwing: The Prince of Gotham Omnibus
    #3 Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Volume 3
    #2 Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Volume 2
    #1 "Absolute" JLA/Avengers: The Collector's Edition
    I only want and voted for "Absolute" JLA/Avengers: The Collector's Edition, so this works for me

I hope DC take note of this list.

#16 The Authority Omnibus (Already have it but I want everyone to enjoy this great series.)
    #1 "Absolute" JLA/Avengers: The Collector's Edition (I want this one SO bad!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Those of you that are more knowledgeable with the various Justice League series - with the release of 3rd JL International Omnibus, theoretically how many more would be needed to meet up with Morrison's JLA?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Those of you that are more knowledgeable with the various Justice League series - with the release of 3rd JL International Omnibus, theoretically how many more would be needed to meet up with Morrison's JLA?
    At least two series have yet to be collected
    Justice League Task Force - 1993 - 38 issues
    Extreme Justice - 1996 - 19 issues
    JLA - 1997 by Morrison

Someone else may know if the 80s material has been fully collected through this latest JL International Omni vol. 3
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

you also need the rest of jli after its renamed when jurgens came on and jones writing jle...I mean the JLI series went to issue 100 or beyond

Astonishing Member

1. Justice League America by Jurgens/Vado: collects Justice League Spectacular 1, Justice League America 61-91, Annual 6-7, Guy Gardner 15, Justice League International 65-67, Justice League Taskforce 13-15 (This takes JLA up through Zero Hour when the teams are reshuffled) Counting double sized issues as 2, this has the equivalent of 44 regular issues.

2. Justice League Europe/International by Jones: collects Justice League Spectacular 1, Justice League Europe 37-50, annual 3, Justice League International 51-67, Justice League America 89-91, Justice League Task Force 13-15, Elongated Man 1-4 (putting the Jones material in a separate volume that goes up to Zero Hour reshuffle). Equivalent of 46 issues

3. Justice League America by Jones: collects Justice League America 0, 93-113, Annual 8-10, Guy Gardner: Warrior 32-34, Hawkman 22-23 (finishes off the JLA issues). Equivalent of 35 issues.

4. Justice League Task Force: collects Justice League Task Force 1-37, 0, Justice League America 89-92, Justice League International 65-68, Triumph 1-4 (This title can be done in 1 volume with tie in issues included. JLA 92, JLI 68 and JLTF 16 are a 3 part story by Priest that introduces Triumph. Since the storyline only affects JLTF going forward, I did not include those in the other volumes.) Equivalent of 50 issues.

5. Extreme Justice/LAW: collects Extreme Justice 0-18, L.A.W. 1-6 (LAW is unrelated, but has 2 of the main members of Extreme Justice. Included them to keep the volume for being too small) Equivalent of 25 issues.

6. Justice League Quarterly: collects Justice League Quarterly 6-17 (Anthology title with triple size issues). Equivalent of 36 issues.

Due to the whole GJ issues, I have separated the Jones written material into separate omni volumes instead of doing a combined mapping. There is also a 3 issue mini series Justice League: Midsummer's Nightmare that doesn't really fit in with any volume. I would include it in a JLA by Mark Waid omni that collects the issues not in the JLA by Morrison volume. The Justice League Quarterly issues could be split up into the other volumes depending on the writer/characters requiring only 5 omnis total instead of 6. But I'm not figuring that mapping out this afternoon.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-15-2024 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    you also need the rest of jli after its renamed when jurgens came on and jones writing jle...I mean the JLI series went to issue 100 or beyond
    1. Justice League America by Jurgens/Vado: collects Justice League Spectacular 1, Justice League America 61-91, Annual 6-7, Guy Gardner 15, Justice League International 65-67, Justice League Taskforce 13-15 (This takes JLA up through Zero Hour when the teams are reshuffled) Counting double sized issues as 2, this has the equivalent of 44 regular issues.

2. Justice League Europe/International by Jones: collects Justice League Spectacular 1, Justice League Europe 37-50, annual 3, Justice League International 51-67, Justice League America 89-91, Justice League Task Force 13-15, Elongated Man 1-4 (putting the Jones material in a separate volume that goes up to Zero Hour reshuffle). Equivalent of 46 issues

3. Justice League America by Jones: collects Justice League America 0, 93-113, Annual 8-10, Guy Gardner: Warrior 32-34, Hawkman 22-23 (finishes off the JLA issues). Equivalent of 35 issues.

4. Justice League Task Force: collects Justice League Task Force 1-37, 0, Justice League America 89-92, Justice League International 65-68, Triumph 1-4 (This title can be done in 1 volume with tie in issues included. JLA 92, JLI 68 and JLTF 16 are a 3 part story by Priest that introduces Triumph. Since the storyline only affects JLTF going forward, I did not include those in the other volumes.) Equivalent of 50 issues.

5. Extreme Justice/LAW: collects Extreme Justice 0-18, L.A.W. 1-6 (LAW is unrelated, but has 2 of the main members of Extreme Justice. Included them to keep the volume for being too small) Equivalent of 25 issues.

6. Justice League Quarterly: collects Justice League Quarterly 6-17 (Anthology title with triple size issues). Equivalent of 36 issues.

Due to the whole GJ issues, I have separated the Jones written material into separate omni volumes instead of doing a combined mapping. There is also a 3 issue mini series Justice League: Midsummer's Nightmare that doesn't really fit in with any volume. I would include it in a JLA by Mark Waid omni that collects the issues not in the JLA by Morrison volume. The Justice League Quarterly issues could be split up into the other volumes depending on the writer/characters requiring only 5 omnis total instead of 6. But I'm not figuring that mapping out this afternoon.
    Thanks! I didn't realize it ran for over 100 issues, nor how many other spin offs there were. Hm, I wonder what we'll end up getting down the line.

Astonishing Member

Thanks! I didn't realize it ran for over 100 issues, nor how many other spin offs there were. Hm, I wonder what we'll end up getting down the line.
    I don't think there's that much demand for the post Giffen/pre Morrison Justice League comics. I would be interested in a Jurgen/Vado collection or Justice League Task Force. The rest of the material is forgettable and boring at best.

Astonishing Member

I don't think there's that much demand for the post Giffen/pre Morrison Justice League comics. I would be interested in a Jurgen/Vado collection or Justice League Task Force. The rest of the material is forgettable and boring at best.
    I think you're right about demand. I kind of think we'll see the first 8 issues of Jurgens' run in the Superman Triangle v2 Omni and that'll be it for oversized JL collections. Task Force is a maybe, although I think it's much more likely those get collected in the DC Finest line
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

DC continued reprinting the post-Giffen/DeMatties runs for a while, with two volumes of Superman and the Justice League and two of Wonder Woman and the Justice League, all in TPB. Those books cover the Jurgens and Vado runs. However, though they had promised a volume of Justice League Post Zero Hour, they never went foward with it after Gerard Jones, responsible for the bulk of the book, became toxic. I think that was also the problem with a promised Justice League International Breakdowns TPB, that also never saw the light of day.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I think you're right about demand. I kind of think we'll see the first 8 issues of Jurgens' run in the Superman Triangle v2 Omni and that'll be it for oversized JL collections. Task Force is a maybe, although I think it's much more likely those get collected in the DC Finest line
    I've been buying singles of Justice League Task Force and Extreme Justice when I find them in $1 bins. Some stories are better than others but the characters are like cold pizza to me. Its still pizza.

Also, Gerard Jones has now officially paid his legal debt to society. When do we all move on? I'm not saying honor the man, I'm saying how long is long enough to wait post-legal system being done with him?
    His actions were atrocious but I have no shame in stepping up to place the 1st pre-order on some material that has been blacklisted due to said infractions by the fellow.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There was that Task Force tpb from 5+ years ago if I remember correctly. But I don't think there was ever any more of them

Astonishing Member

There was that Task Force tpb from 5+ years ago if I remember correctly. But I don't think there was ever any more of them
    Wonder Woman and the Justice League 2 collected the next couple of issues of Task Force. And the Zero Hour JL collection would have included the next couple but it was cancelled. Too bad, because Christopher Priest took over the title and wrote it until the title ended. It was the best of the three Justice League titles.

Near mints never released dc omnias poll will be today. Top 20 will be sent to dc comics same as marvel.

Last edited by Gaastra; Yesterday at 11:41 AM.