View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Hello:

Does anyone have an updated list of the contents of the new (corrected) edition of "Bruce Wayne: Fugitive?" I think the corrected edition was released in May. Anyone who bought it care to share how it turned out?

thanks

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Hello:

Does anyone have an updated list of the contents of the new (corrected) edition of "Bruce Wayne: Fugitive?" I think the corrected edition was released in May. Anyone who bought it care to share how it turned out?

thanks
    Do you mean "Bruce Wayne: Murderer?"?? That's the one that was released with some missing issues, and recently reprinted. The only additions were a couple issues of the Batman title. I'm not at home so I can't look at my copy to confirm exact issue numbers, sorry...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Hello:

thanks
    The only updates in BW-MURDERER are the 2 missing issues: Gotham Knights #29 and Detective Comics #768
    If you look a few pages back on this thread you can find some opinions about the book.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    DC seems to do Anniversary stuff quite well, but not much of a track record like Marvels of tying releases to movies, especially oversized books.

In DC's defense, though, there haven't been that many movies released since the omnibus came about have there? Marvel has been spitting out at least one new movie a year (it seems) since Iron Man.

Fantastic Member

Whats the pros and cons of Watchmen: Deluxe Edition vs. Absolute Edition? Content wise, I mean. Theres obviously size and price. But is there anything in the deluxe that isnt in the absolute?

is DC stoping hardcover releases of Green Lantern Corps and new guardians?

Anyone have experience with the DC Archives editions, in particular the New Teen Titans versions? Would it be a severe decrease in quality from the omnibus? Are they a decent option, or nah?

Trying to get some George Perez books, but most of it is expensive for me.

I just saw it had 8 issues instead of the 20+ of the omnibus, heh... pretty huge difference but i can't see paying 150-200 for the vol 1 omni. Might be forced to skip the first omni then and go right to two. The TP Vol 1 that contains 7-8 issues combined with the vol 2 omni might be okay... i'd miss out on like 13 issues but save a lot of cash. Yeah, forget the DC Archive edition with it's 8 issues.

Don't suppose that Geoff Johns Teen Titans omnibus will ever go down in price? Comics are one totally expensive hobby, *sigh*.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-10-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Anyone have experience with the DC Archives editions, in particular the New Teen Titans versions? Would it be a severe decrease in quality from the omnibus? Are they a decent option, or nah?

I just saw it had 8 issues instead of the 20+ of the omnibus, heh... pretty huge difference but i can't see paying 150-200 for the vol 1 omni. Might be forced to skip the first omni then and go right to two. The TP Vol 1 that contains 7-8 issues combined with the vol 2 omni might be okay... i'd miss out on like 13 issues but save a lot of cash. Yeah, forget the DC Archive edition with it's 8 issues.

Don't suppose that Geoff Johns Teen Titans omnibus will ever go down in price? Comics are one totally expensive hobby, *sigh*.
    Dc archives are very high quality. Thick paper, leather covers, awesome sewn binding, not a downgrade from the omnibus at all except for the pages not being oversized (and the Teen titains run not being complete)
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 11-10-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

http://www.instocktrades.com/specials/47/DC+Sale+#4

60% off DC sale at IST. No omnis or absolutes, but some good stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Dc archives are very high quality. Thick paper, leather covers, awesome sewn binding, not a downgrade from the omnibus at all except for the pages not being oversized (and the Teen titains run not being complete)
    Oh cool, so it's basically the oversized aspect and more issues in the omnibus. Alright, maybe i can figure something out involving that. Thanks.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

I would say that the Arhive Editions are a step up in quality.
    Some of the best books made.... and some more volumes in same quality are my most wanted books from any publisher.

Unfortunately DC stopped at vol. 4 and later books in the archive series are lower quality.

Question for international posters re: B&N.

This is my first time ordering since I've moved overseas last year (until now I've just been shipping orders to my brother or parents in the States), I still haven't got an email that my B&N order has been processed nor a shipping notice. Should I expect one even though it's not being shipped/delivered to US?

Thanks.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

There is a second trade go in up to 16 coming out soon, and the 3rd archive collects up to the second omni. Its a lot cheaper than the first 2. The johns stuff is in trade for fairly cheap.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Any rumblings that DC might consider releasing the Kirby Forth World stuff as a proper oversized collected omnibus?

I really want that run, but standard size and four volumes kinda puts me off
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Any rumblings that DC might consider releasing the Kirby Forth World stuff as a proper oversized collected omnibus?

I really want that run, but standard size and four volumes kinda puts me off
    IIRC they are rereleasing vol 1 but can't remember which, the tpb or the hc.

Also, finished Enigma yesterday and...hmm....wow? interesting?...I liked it? I don't know what to say, it was a unique experience.
    Compared to that how is the Best of Milligan and McCarthy hc? I'm a bit hesitant with that because it contains several smaller stories and I'm just affraid that it doesn't read as well. Or any other Milligan recommendations?